Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Out with the old.... (merged with 'In with the new')

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-06, 08:28 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its bad enough your trying to get 12.5 for that car with at stock swap.... now you want to charge $6k for a swap?????????????????????

you really havent been in this sceen long enough if you really think someone will pay that. im not trying to hate, im just keepin it real. anyone can buy a motor for $1500 or less, have someone do the wiring for $300, or whatever you paid.... therin aleaviating any potential knock sensor problems, or do it themselves, then take a weekend and litterally take one out, put the other in, hook up the wires, charge the AC, mount the IC, and drive it away. its an extreemly easy swap. everyone thats been in the SC world longer then a few months knows that for $6k or so you can have a shop swap in a 2jz-gte with a front mount and some bolt ons, and blow a 1j away.

but hey, if you can do it, more power to you, still though no one was willing to pay $3500 a year ago for the complete swap when it was offered by members here.
Old 03-05-06, 08:29 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nysupraman
wut do you do a swap everyday? damnnn. haha everytime it will get easier, so how about i send you mine and you do it easy as 1 2 3.
Actually im just swapping as many personal cars as i can get my hands on to get the experence it takes to open shop for 1JZ sc swaps. Id also do OBD1 2JZGTE aristo swaps into GS300s, but i havn't found a car cheap enough yet to play with, but i think that will be my next toy.
Old 03-05-06, 08:40 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
its bad enough your trying to get 12.5 for that car with at stock swap.... now you want to charge $6k for a swap?????????????????????

you really havent been in this sceen long enough if you really think someone will pay that. im not trying to hate, i just keepin it real. anyone can buy a motor for $1500 or less, have someone do the wiring for $300, or whatever you paid.... therin aleaviating any potential knock sensor problems, or do it themselves, then take a weekend and litterally take one out, put the other in, hook up the wires, charge the AC, mount the IC, and drive it away. its an extreemly easy swap. everyone thats been in the SC world longer then a few months knows that for $6k or so you can have a shop swap in a 2jz-gte with a front mount and some bolt ons, and blow a 1j away.

but hey, if you can do it, more power to you, slthough no one was willing to pay $3500 a year ago for the complete swap when it was offered by members here.
Of course hardcore lexus forum members will not pay that price, thats not my market. How many people pay 5-10k for turbo kits on their civics, blah blah.. TONS. Not everyone has garages, tools, everything needed to do this.

For someone to buy a car already done, all reliablility mods done, and ready to start modifying to taste without worrying about a shop and weeks spent while it sits there, sorry man, but the odds are in my favor.

So far in the last year everyone was first telling me i couldnt even swap my own car, and i did, and proved everyone wrong. Now i have two swapped cars, looking for a 3rd. Arn't you still saving for a turbo kit?
Old 03-05-06, 08:44 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmmm...... I'll get some green for mine.
Old 03-05-06, 08:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
I got this whole swap thing down to a science and i think i might open shop, charge 6k total for a sc300 auto swap, includes everything that ive done to this car, including powderocating.

Im taking my time doing it, but if your in the CFL area just holla if u wanna stop by the shop
Originally Posted by VJ RC51
Of course hardcore lexus forum members will not pay that price, thats not my market.

vjrc51, I'd ask this be the last time you offer services on our forum or via PM on CL unless you become an approved forum sponsor . You're beyond strike two on warnings so I suggest you please follow this request .

ki_soarer / vj, take it to PM or take some time off.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-05-06 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-05-06, 08:52 PM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

damn, looks fun, can't wait to swap my car!
Old 03-05-06, 09:06 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

im not boosting my SC... NA is best!
Old 03-07-06, 05:46 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
im not boosting my SC... NA is best!
Long live the 90mph traps!