Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New Magnaflow mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 02:17 PM
Damned04
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to install the mufflers deeper in so they are not as exposed or would I need shorter body than 6"
Old 03-09-06, 02:25 PM
SCguy58
Pole Position

There was no way they could have exposed less body, due to the tip length being about 3.25in. The 6in. body is the diameter, the body length is 14in. In order to expose less body, while still keeping the tips flush with the bumper, you would probably need a longer tip.
Old 03-09-06, 02:31 PM
Damned04
Driver

Alright thanks, did u notice any gains in just installing the mufflers? Alot higher flowing than stock?

Last edited by Damned04; 03-09-06 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-09-06, 03:59 PM
SCguy58
Pole Position

I decided to have a cat-back done with 2.5in piping and a y-pipe installed. I really didn't get to test it yet, due to the traffic on the way home.
Old 03-09-06, 06:41 PM
SWSC400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Man I get mine installed in the morning
Old 03-09-06, 08:11 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCguy58
Well I had the local muffler shop put them on with a Y-pipe and 2.5in piping and they sound deep and throaty. I asked and showed them how I wanted my mufflers, angled upwords and slanted out, but they didn't angle them upwords too much. Also, the driver's side muffler does not look as slanted out as the passenger side. Can you guys tell? Let me know what you think.
Aww I can tell. But not that much. They look really nice! I bet they sound mean.
Old 03-09-06, 08:41 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

not a big fan of how they stick out so far, what manf. make ones that look close to stock, but get better airflow and sound deeper?
Old 03-09-06, 08:59 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by onebadshot
not a big fan of how they stick out so far, what manf. make ones that look close to stock, but get better airflow and sound deeper?
the ones i got look pretty stockish depending on the tip you use (you could re-use stock tips)..i will post pics..the shop didnt have the ones i wanted so i got a deal on the ones they had in shop..sounds good too..not too loud..but still hear it..
Old 03-09-06, 09:01 PM
SCguy58
Pole Position

Magnaflow makes some oval cans with double walled tips. The doubled wall tips makes the muffler look stuck, besides the 4in. tip. You should go with the race series and not the street series. I called magnaflow and the tech. guy said that the only difference is the internal race core and the race series is louder. Tghe street series might be too soft. Go to hottexhaust.com and you can get them for really cheap and free shipping, if you want a cat-back system order the high flow cat and y-pipe. If you do a cat-back system, you will need a y-pipe. If you want a deep/throaty tone, go with 2.5in. piping.
Old 03-09-06, 09:02 PM
SCguy58
Pole Position

Originally Posted by modaoreoho
the ones i got look pretty stockish depending on the tip you use (you could re-use stock tips)..i will post pics..the shop didnt have the ones i wanted so i got a deal on the ones they had in shop..sounds good too..not too loud..but still hear it..

Do you have the street or race series?
Old 03-09-06, 11:05 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

part # 11236..i think.. with double walled tips...i will try to post pics sometime tommarow and hopefully some sound clips too..i really like em...nice and streetable..not too much attention and i noticed some low end..but thats only the butt-dyno at work so who really knows

EDIT:.. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=435
the offset of the muffler is just like the stock ones
Old 03-10-06, 01:23 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCguy58
Well I had the local muffler shop put them on with a Y-pipe and 2.5in piping and they sound deep and throaty. I asked and showed them how I wanted my mufflers, angled upwords and slanted out, but they didn't angle them upwords too much. Also, the driver's side muffler does not look as slanted out as the passenger side. Can you guys tell? Let me know what you think.
that is asking alot from a normal muffler shop. but nothin a good swift kick to the rear cant fix if you get my drift. what drift did someone say drift? so how bout that FF3.
hey looks good though really its deffinatly different so
Old 03-10-06, 07:44 AM
SCguy58
Pole Position

I'm going in today at 3PM to have them redo the mufflers. Hopefully they get it right the second time.
Old 03-10-06, 12:00 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

take a picture of what you want them to look like to give then an idea, i found most places aren't too familair with the slant style exhausts.
Old 03-10-06, 01:57 PM
SCguy58
Pole Position

Well I went into the local muffler shop and they were backed up . Now I have to go back on Monday to have them redo it. I did show them a clear picture on how I wanted it done, but they didn't do slant and angle them enough. I talked to the guy today and he said they would need to have a mandrel bent pipe to get the look I want. When I go back on monday I'll show them a different picture and we'll see what happens. The exhaust sounds really good and it's loud .

Quick Reply: New Magnaflow mufflers