Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZ-GTE oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-06, 01:50 PM
GReddySetG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2JZ-GTE oil pan

I already did a search, and I couldn't find the exact info I needed.

I'm swapping a 2J from an Aristo into my '93 SC300. I know I need to change the oil pan off the Aristo motor. I know I can use the stock oil pan from my SC or from a Supra. I would have to modify the stock oil pan off my SC though to accomidate the oil return line. Here is my question though, if I get one off a Supra, do I need to get an NA or turbo oil pan? The NA oil pan would be the same as the one from my SC, correct? If I get one off a turbo model, will the oil return fitting be on the proper side? If someone coild clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Also, for my exhaust. Would I need to make a completely custom exhaust, or can I take one made for a Supra TT and use it on my SC? I know I will need to modify an exhaust made for a Supra. But what exactly needs to be done to it?
Old 03-25-06, 01:06 PM
GReddySetG
Pole Position

No one knows the answer to this?
Old 03-25-06, 01:36 PM
dainese954
Driver

Originally Posted by GReddySetG
I already did a search, and I couldn't find the exact info I needed.

I'm swapping a 2J from an Aristo into my '93 SC300. I know I need to change the oil pan off the Aristo motor. I know I can use the stock oil pan from my SC or from a Supra. I would have to modify the stock oil pan off my SC though to accomidate the oil return line. Here is my question though, if I get one off a Supra, do I need to get an NA or turbo oil pan? The NA oil pan would be the same as the one from my SC, correct? If I get one off a turbo model, will the oil return fitting be on the proper side? If someone coild clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Also, for my exhaust. Would I need to make a completely custom exhaust, or can I take one made for a Supra TT and use it on my SC? I know I will need to modify an exhaust made for a Supra. But what exactly needs to be done to it?
if u use the TT oil pan then there is no porblem it's all plug and play but if u use the NA/SC oil pan the oil pan is two peices and u have to drill the upper oil pan and also u will need to tap where the holes are for the screws. make sure u use some liquid gasket when u put the line in kuz if not u might have an oil leak.
Old 03-25-06, 04:55 PM
GReddySetG
Pole Position

OK thanks. So a TT oil pan will bolt right up and work without modification?