Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

update on my 1jz....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-06, 12:29 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lpolo69
below are specs on the turbo..

T-70 - 2.720" / 3.850"
BTW those aren't specs

these are turbo specs:
Turbine
-Wheel: 68mm w/ 84 trim
-Housing: .82 ar
Compressor
-Wheel: 82mm w/ 56 trim
-Housing: .70 ar
Old 03-30-06, 12:45 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
Ill post up Pictures of my GT35R set up Im installing in my car this weekend. Also installing 2JZ cams , cam gears, 2JZ 550's, resistor pack, on Greddy manifold and Wastegate.

The turbine housing on that set up looks like 1.0 or .83 . You can eat a sandwich while you wait for boost

Thank you for knowing what your doing. Your setup will scream. Probably around 500 wheel on 93 octane with the stock 2jz cams. That will make a nice 11sec street car.

That ebay turbo pictured in this post will make around 350rwhp and spool at probably 6000rpms. Youll be full spool at 500wheel at around 4000.

Installing a 2jz bottom end will just further destory the power curve with that turbo.
Old 03-30-06, 01:02 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
Thank you for knowing what your doing. Your setup will scream. Probably around 500 wheel on 93 octane with the stock 2jz cams. That will make a nice 11sec street car.

That ebay turbo pictured in this post will make around 350rwhp and spool at probably 6000rpms. Youll be full spool at 500wheel at around 4000.

Installing a 2jz bottom end will just further destory the power curve with that turbo.
I usally don't talk crap or even comment on things that don't make sense but WTF are you talking about? Its a T3 turbo on a 2.5 i6. Theres no way it will spool at 6krpm. I had one of the largest t3/t4 you could get on my mr2 and that thing spooled 4800ish. Thats on a 4banger . You speak of his turbo like its a large T4 88+mm wheel. The large exhaust a/r will kill some spool but i see that thing hitting full boost easily before 6k.

Its people like you that make CL more and more like the honduh forums. You give Lexus owners a bad name...especially the sc300 owners. Get of that pedestal where you think your better than everyone. Whats the point of calling him out? He didn't state that he was going to make XXXhp. For a while i always wondered why everyone was so harsh towards you but then again its post like this that make me understand.
Old 03-30-06, 01:17 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Explain to me when i had to like everyone and support everyones mods? I dont ask anyone to like what i do. I dont expect anyone to like my cars. Now when i see an ebay'd ghetto swap, i dont care what car its on, its going to get made fun of... on the internet, and in real life.

When you were growing up didnt your parents teach you about criticism? Dont cry.
Old 03-30-06, 01:25 PM
Timdog1650
Rookie

That looks like a really nice setup, and I hope you get what you want out of it. For what it's worth, there's nothing wrong with a big A/r turbo on a smaller displacement engine....it won't be at 30psi by 2k rpm, but the better exhaust breathing will make you good N/A power which will help augment the lag.

~Tim
Old 03-30-06, 02:03 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Explain to me when i had to like everyone and support everyones mods? I dont ask anyone to like what i do. I dont expect anyone to like my cars. Now when i see an ebay'd ghetto swap, i dont care what car its on, its going to get made fun of... on the internet, and in real life.

When you were growing up didnt your parents teach you about criticism? Dont cry.
Criticism is one thing putting people down another you were on his d*** "oh sick setup you're gonna make 500hp bla bla bla"... and then when 2.5t soarer asked him about the turbo you start putting him down oh i'm sorry i forgot you're the *********** 1jz expert you know what I hope you do make it to atlanta for lexfest i'll be there. dares to talk about ebay ghetto stuff?? coming from a guy that bought his "2.5TT" stickers there and boasts about getting reconditioned supra calipers from auto zone or wherever the hell you get them from........

sorry mods
Old 03-30-06, 02:54 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I have a vinyl machine i made those in 30 seconds... oem toyota ones are impossible to get ive been waiting over a month and still on backorder. Oh and whats wrong wtih getting reconditioned calipers from autozone with a lifetime warentee, compared to some used ones off some forum that are twice as expensive that probably need rebuilding? lol keep trying...
/thread hijack
Old 03-30-06, 03:12 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Who ever said you had to like and support everyones mods? How about you explain to me why you think his turbo will spool at 6k? I'd like to hear you logic behind your statment.

No ones crying and i could care less how much criticisim you have on someone elses project. What got to me is how you call him out for no apparent reason, then continue to babbler on about how his turbo won't spool till 6k. That clearly shows your knowledge on turbos and the type of person you are . Please quit spreading false info.

Last edited by 5spdSC300; 03-30-06 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-30-06, 03:18 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5spdSC300
I usally don't talk crap or even comment on things that don't make sense but WTF are you talking about? Its a T3 turbo on a 2.5 i6. Theres no way it will spool at 6krpm. I had one of the largest t3/t4 you could get on my mr2 and that thing spooled 4800ish. Thats on a 4banger . You speak of his turbo like its a large T4 88+mm wheel. The large exhaust a/r will kill some spool but i see that thing hitting full boost easily before 6k.

Its people like you that make CL more and more like the honduh forums. You give Lexus owners a bad name...especially the sc300 owners. Get of that pedestal where you think your better than everyone. Whats the point of calling him out? He didn't state that he was going to make XXXhp. For a while i always wondered why everyone was so harsh towards you but then again its post like this that make me understand.
Ok... Maybe 6000rpm spool up is a bit much,. you guys complaining are missing the small details in this set up. First thing its a 2jz manifold on a 1jz... Not all the runners line up . This will effect the exhaust flow weather under vaccum or boost. Thats not including what ever exhaust leaks this may have later on. now the turbo. "to me" this looks like an ebay special "Turbocharger" on the label.
If its not , MY BAD. but if it is these come with bad wheel trims and A/R's not to meantion short lives. Same goes for the "HKS" wastegate on this set up. I would like to see where it says "HKS" on it. Maybe sometimes the way things are said are a bit harsh. But sometimes the truth hurts.
one thing Ive learned from Forums is . Alot of people on there repeat info they have read or heard, never knowing them first hand from experience. I for one did my one swap alone. and did the first SR swap in the east coast in 1997 with stock ignition later building this car to run 11.4 with 567 WHP with greddy t67, haltec etc. <--- not bragging but to inform of a bit of background tuning and building engines as a hobby not as a career.
Old 03-30-06, 04:23 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

^ i like this guy.

Im no expert on 1JZ's, but i have successfully swapped two cars with no hands on outside help becides wire extension. Ive been around TT supras, GN, turbo dodges for years working on them. Im no pro, but if you wanna tell me something wrong that ive said about these motors, show me proof.

Last edited by VJ RC51; 03-30-06 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-30-06, 04:37 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

2.5t soarer I give you props you know your stuff I think I might have read or heard about you on zilvia.net or fresh alloy back when I had my 240 with SR swap........

VJ RC51 you ever wonder why you **** people off so much you put others down like you're a god. I dare you to say anything to my face if and when I ever meet you.......
Old 03-30-06, 04:43 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

going single simplify's alot of things, that is why most FD guys go single if there looking for any amount of hp, also more relaible on the FDs(given FD twins go off at different times). Anyways set up looks clean good luck man.
Old 03-30-06, 06:15 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fighting arguing, and bickering stops right here.

Keep it clean. Keep it civil.

Thanks
Old 03-31-06, 05:12 AM
lpolo69
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
Ok... Maybe 6000rpm spool up is a bit much,. you guys complaining are missing the small details in this set up. First thing its a 2jz manifold on a 1jz... Not all the runners line up . This will effect the exhaust flow weather under vaccum or boost. Thats not including what ever exhaust leaks this may have later on. now the turbo. "to me" this looks like an ebay special "Turbocharger" on the label.
If its not , MY BAD. but if it is these come with bad wheel trims and A/R's not to meantion short lives. Same goes for the "HKS" wastegate on this set up. I would like to see where it says "HKS" on it. Maybe sometimes the way things are said are a bit harsh. But sometimes the truth hurts.
one thing Ive learned from Forums is . Alot of people on there repeat info they have read or heard, never knowing them first hand from experience. I for one did my one swap alone. and did the first SR swap in the east coast in 1997 with stock ignition later building this car to run 11.4 with 567 WHP with greddy t67, haltec etc. <--- not bragging but to inform of a bit of background tuning and building engines as a hobby not as a career.

Runners do line up apparantely you dont know what your talkin about.......Who cares about your credibility...............Ive built gs300's with 1jzs in them and thousands of mk3 1jz's.....Oh yeah i also had an mk4 supra that did 10.40's who cares!!!!!!
Old 03-31-06, 05:24 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lpolo69
Runners do line up apparantely you dont know what your talkin about.......Who cares about your credibility...............Ive built gs300's with 1jzs in them and thousands of mk3 1jz's.....Oh yeah i also had an mk4 supra that did 10.40's who cares!!!!!!
wow thousands of mk3 1jz's ? so you have done all the ones in the US, congrats ! If you really built these cars you would have been able to afford a real 1JZ manifold not rig one that doesnt go. And the runners not lining up has been proven on here and supra forums. NOW LETS SEE THOSE PICS OF THE TURBO LABEL ! AND "HKS" WASTEGATE

Quick Reply: update on my 1jz....