Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

update on my 1jz....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-06, 08:08 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aight im done with this ill be back on the forum when the car is done............
Old 04-02-06, 09:40 PM
turbodude
Rookie

Originally Posted by lpolo69
aight im done with this ill be back on the forum when the car is done............

nice... please do. and if you like i can post pics that disprove your theory about the manifold lining up, i have both stock 2jzgte manifold and 1jz manifolds at my house right now... if you would like i can take a picture for you. Line up means perfectly not half *** sort of on. NO grinding neccessary. Port matches port. not so - so fits. Also another thing redrilling manifold flange to fit is probably less than desired. I have been back and forth with 2jz's and countless 1000hp supras. I can tell you without a doubt straight up then manifolds do not fit like they should. now if you use them thats your problem. However i would highly suggest that you cut off the head flange and rework the manifold to line up with youe ports perfectly as to not burn up your valves. You see there is alot more to port spacing than meets the eye, lets say for example, that your ports somewhat line up, which they " sort of do", you will be blocking off some of the ports, which then lead to lots of back pressure in the port, which is bad, thus leading to reverberation of combusted gasses back into the combustion chanber then leading to burnt valves, or creating hot spots in youe head, leading to higher risks of detonation and pre ignition. To each his own, however, please heed the warning that others give you when you make a post like this... Also without a doubt i know your have a ebay t70... you know why i know... because a garrett or turbonetics, or even precision t70 are all big shaft turbos. They are a "T" series turbo that would no sense of imagination would ever be supported by that of a t3 turbine. I don't care how you slice the bread no matter what no turbo manufacturer on this side of the world would mismatch a turbo such as this. the largest t3 footprint turbo you will see is a t3/t67, which can be and is mated with a p trim turbine (t4 based) inside a t3 housing. Further more the largest t3 big saft turbo is the legendary (yet mismatched) sc63 produced by precision turbo designed by Chris at SFP for his civic coupe, to keep in the restraints of a turbo rule for his class in the year 2001.

To conclude my rant i will give you an abridged version. Cheap turbos with big names don't make good power. You get what you pay for, why spend so much on your motor but skimp out on the accessories, you would have been better off, building a log manifold that match your runners and buying a decent t3/t4 turbo such as a 61mm or so compressor, with a t350 wheel, old technology yes, however the quality is there.

PS: btw just because a turbo is a "t3" doesn;t mean ist goign to spool fast no matter what kinf of motor you have. Mismatched turbo can kill performance in a bad way. Hence the sc63 mentioned above. a t66 p trim .68 a/r t4 would spool faster than a sc63, yet its a "t3"

PSS: Quote from expereince not hear say.

end rant... my one million cents from a guy that has built many a turbo car....

PSSS: New to the board yes,,,, new to building fast cars definately not.
Old 04-02-06, 09:58 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbodude
nice... please do. and if you like i can post pics that disprove your theory about the manifold lining up, i have both stock 2jzgte manifold and 1jz manifolds at my house right now... if you would like i can take a picture for you. Line up means perfectly not half *** sort of on. NO grinding neccessary. Port matches port. not so - so fits. Also another thing redrilling manifold flange to fit is probably less than desired. I have been back and forth with 2jz's and countless 1000hp supras. I can tell you without a doubt straight up then manifolds do not fit like they should. now if you use them thats your problem. However i would highly suggest that you cut off the head flange and rework the manifold to line up with youe ports perfectly as to not burn up your valves. You see there is alot more to port spacing than meets the eye, lets say for example, that your ports somewhat line up, which they " sort of do", you will be blocking off some of the ports, which then lead to lots of back pressure in the port, which is bad, thus leading to reverberation of combusted gasses back into the combustion chanber then leading to burnt valves, or creating hot spots in youe head, leading to higher risks of detonation and pre ignition. To each his own, however, please heed the warning that others give you when you make a post like this... Also without a doubt i know your have a ebay t70... you know why i know... because a garrett or turbonetics, or even precision t70 are all big shaft turbos. They are a "T" series turbo that would no sense of imagination would ever be supported by that of a t3 turbine. I don't care how you slice the bread no matter what no turbo manufacturer on this side of the world would mismatch a turbo such as this. the largest t3 footprint turbo you will see is a t3/t67, which can be and is mated with a p trim turbine (t4 based) inside a t3 housing. Further more the largest t3 big saft turbo is the legendary (yet mismatched) sc63 produced by precision turbo designed by Chris at SFP for his civic coupe, to keep in the restraints of a turbo rule for his class in the year 2001.

To conclude my rant i will give you an abridged version. Cheap turbos with big names don't make good power. You get what you pay for, why spend so much on your motor but skimp out on the accessories, you would have been better off, building a log manifold that match your runners and buying a decent t3/t4 turbo such as a 61mm or so compressor, with a t350 wheel, old technology yes, however the quality is there.

PS: btw just because a turbo is a "t3" doesn;t mean ist goign to spool fast no matter what kinf of motor you have. Mismatched turbo can kill performance in a bad way. Hence the sc63 mentioned above. a t66 p trim .68 a/r t4 would spool faster than a sc63, yet its a "t3"

PSS: Quote from expereince not hear say.

end rant... my one million cents from a guy that has built many a turbo car....

PSSS: New to the board yes,,,, new to building fast cars definately not.
Im so glad you posted this, cuz I didnt WANT to seem like I was hating on his set up. but I know that manifold doesnt match and I can tell thats ebay turbo he didnt even know the specs and I asked to takea pic of the "HKS" wastegate and the "TURBOCHARGER" label. He can lie to himself about how thats not an ebay china turbo but dont lie to us.
I was trying to look out for a member just like you and the others .
Old 04-02-06, 10:04 PM
turbodude
Rookie

its funny actually cuz we have known each other for years, and actualy you just left my house lol

turbodude = al
Old 04-02-06, 10:15 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbodude
its funny actually cuz we have known each other for years, and actualy you just left my house lol

turbodude = al
Ahh yes Tampas # 1 WELDERS and FABRICATOR
Old 04-03-06, 05:05 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

i had a feeling turbodude was al....sup al....i dont know if u remember me...its jap...remember when i took my z32tt back when GA was opened and coolant lines went bye bye on the dyno =(. sup man..long time
Old 04-03-06, 06:02 PM
turbodude
Rookie

oh yeah big mess....
Old 04-06-06, 04:12 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

turbodude are you .....MightyAL from supraforums,......?????????????
Old 04-06-06, 07:52 PM
turbodude
Rookie

nope.......