Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Open Downpipe 1jZ

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-06, 08:39 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drama, drama, drama......please let it end.
Old 04-10-06, 09:11 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

like i said a few days ago, some drama is good. Its motivation to get ur butt out in the garage and work on the car
Old 04-10-06, 09:23 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

I dont have a car
Old 04-10-06, 09:34 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DETUNED
I dont have a car
You'll be back soon. I see you in a GS w/Aristo swap

I guess the battle of the 1jz's will be on forever.....oh well
Old 04-10-06, 09:34 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DETUNED
I dont have a car

no but u got 20g's. Go find an OBD1 GS300 and a 2jzgte aristo swap. Put on a small single kit and fmic, ViP rims, body kit, run 11s and look like a movie star doing it and have cash left over.
Old 04-10-06, 01:25 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
last i checked, free flowing exhaust.. is free flowing exhaust. i highly doubt i will see any hp upgrades when i put my 3in turbo back system on. If anything ill only loose low end HP. Sorry you sound like one of those ppl that are lost in brand names. A motor upgrade is a change that makes more hp.. I modified the hell out of my OEM exhaust for more hp, and i would really love to see a greddy or whoever system catback on stock downpipe make more hp then my system.

So why did i keep mine so long? Because it comes off with 2 bolts and 2 rubber hangers. Automatic weight reduction and open downpipe within 10mins from jacking up to back on the road. Lets see you do that with your exhaust system. Sounds like ill be DOWNGRADING when i go to a 'better' system unless i hang it the same way for easy removal.

Yet again another person lost in magazines.... I would have raced your "stock' turbo setup at any boost level you wanted to run, and i still woulda beat you at 10psi. I spent the last 6 months perfecting my car at 10psi before i turned the boost up and realized with no LSD in yet all i do is roast tires, instead of alot of noobs on here that turn the boost up first mod and forget about all the little things and wonder why its not as fast with me on lower boost
Im the last person you will find owning a magazine.
and trust me Im not one for paying for brand names as you can remember the thread OLT started on intakes. I would have raced you also. You maybe the fast one in your hood...but thats it. 312whp on stock twins would have smoked you !
If y our "roasting" tires maybe you dont know how to drive. I had a 500hp s13 with open diff pulling 1.7 60' on STREET TIRES no slicks, no DR.
Old 04-10-06, 02:32 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

I remember that car. Thing was SO sick!
Old 04-10-06, 02:51 PM
turbodude
Rookie

I know 2.5t personally as well as detuned. Alot of us have been in the game a loooonnnng time. Yes friendly banter is just that, we like messing with people sometimes, because otherwise the internet gets boring. However please do not discredit the acheivements of some as well as their knowledge. The only magazines 2.5t reads are the ones he is featured in. Vj i have spoken to you on many occasions, and you def know some info on some 1jz stuff. Your a cool guy but someitmes the internet can get you really worked up. No worries... However beleive it or not a larger powerband can be had with a well designed exhaust over open exhaust. Certain exhauts are tuned to scavenge exhaust pulses and actually help with spool, vs having a very short stock gutted dp. You see the stock gutted converter that you have may actually be causing turbulence that may actually be hurting performance over a aftermarket dp. As well as the smaller size. And i almost gaurantee you would receive higher number on a frount mount than you would on your side mount, especially on cold days. You see intercoolers aren't magic, smaller size will do the same as a bigger unit, however for how long? Same mods, same driver, same boost, frount mount vs. side mount maybe even on the first race, however race again and again, and again see the numbers and times start to get higher and higher on the stock side mount. They are only heat sinks, larger surface area cooled down the better for performance over "X" period of time. Pressure loss will not be effected at stock power levels so that is not added into the equation. ok thats my rant for the day... this rant wasn't directed to anyone just pointing out slight misconceptions. going back to the daily grind now. And peter... whatever you do stay in the toyota family....
Old 04-10-06, 02:59 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Back when I used to dyno cars, we put my friends stock GTI on it with just a chip and run after run, it kept loosing power. Then we threw on the front mount and it stayed pretty steady

Al, I'm pretty sure I'll stay in the Toyota family.
Old 04-10-06, 03:01 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
312whp on stock twins

Thats all you were making??

btw i run my stock smic not for boost cooling, but for motor cooling. No need to run FMIC on stock twins unless u do what u said above.. dyno pulls all the time or race alot. i dont.

Last edited by VJ RC51; 04-10-06 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-10-06, 04:15 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ric, you only made 165 on stock twins.

al, thats why we have problems with ric, he posts a lot of misconseptions and false information. aside from the fact that he contradicts himself on a daily basis. he is bipolar, and really needs to see a shrink.
Old 04-10-06, 04:19 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
ric, you only made 165 on stock twins.

al, thats why we have problems with ric, he posts a lot of misconseptions and false information. aside from the fact that he contradicts himself on a daily basis. he is bipolar, and really needs to see a shrink.
lol you mean you did lol. i made 265 with a leaking bov and 6k limit. wasnt very happy. things have now changed for the better, i expect i should hit my original goal of 300rwhp on stock boost next time i do some pulls. I havn't pulled all the tricks out of my sleve yet.
Old 04-10-06, 04:43 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

woah!! damn, who knew how close the 1 was to the 2 on the keyboard!!!

seriously though... who are you to hate on anyone?? you would be absolutley no where without what you have read and learned online. you cannot argue that. if you keep being a ****head to everyone, no one will want to help you. dont forget the day you called chino begging him to fix your tach and temp for $120. now get off the computer and back to the garage to make your car put down a whopping 300hp
Old 04-10-06, 05:55 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'm still waiting for the post from one of the two guys on how to do the Tach w/o the Tach Adapter.
(i'm not demanding it, just saying )

sincerely,

the 5-spd w/o a Tach
Old 04-10-06, 05:57 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i dont think chino will let it out.... its a monopoly, and an oportunity. and regardless of what ric says, he has no idea how to do it. i do, but chino is my boy, so i may as well forget.

edit: try pming GOT_TRD.

Quick Reply: Open Downpipe 1jZ