Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is anyone running NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-06, 12:15 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jibbby

Also the 1992 SC400 Lexus are rated at 250hp at stock, 14 years later most should dyno at around 210-230hp. Clogging at the cats, mufflers, deteriorating wires, grounds, etc... create the hp drop off over the years... When I first started my SC400 dyno'd at 235hp at stock with 91,000 miles on it since then I have mod'd my engine to run at approx. 290hp base then I have the 100-150hp nitros oxide shot in addition...
14 years later, most do not dyno at 210 to 230 hp. Many will dyno at around that lower spectrum after intake, exhaust, and tuning.

I know you have intake and basic exhaust mods. There is no way you dyno at 290 hp with just basic engine mods and without nitrous.

Please provide copies of your dyno and do not just post some random dyno you find on google again (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...67#post1549967).

If you cannot provide proof, then you are spouting lies because everything you say goes against 5 years of common knowledge shown here on CL and most other dedicated 1uz websites.
Old 04-10-06, 01:45 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very lost have you seen my car? Do you know what is going on under my hood? I don't think so...That chart was more of a practical joke and a long time ago, and a mistake- For your info I have a full re-worked Intake/ air duct as well, with other extra's, complete and full exhaust change, numerous electric upgrades too many to speak of, everything to all new wiring and an electric fan swap, ECU piggy, fine tuning, etc, etc.....all that ads up my friend especially on an already dealer maintained and very good low mileage 1UZ ..engine with outstanding compression in each cylinder.... I cannot produce a dyno sheet and I am not posting on this thread about how much hp my car can put out, I don't care to get in a pissing contest over this again, so let's just say my car has 250hp if it makes you feel better and a small shot of nos.... Just offering helpful nitros information so others can be made aware...not bragging or boosting about my old SC400... Just saying my nos is working out great, stay on topic.....

If you don't believe a stock 1UZ.. engine can put out close to 300hp I suggest you check out some of the other people's threads on lextreme.com.. I know one guy claimed he dyno'd at 300hp on a 1uz... stock engine, complete exhaust, ECU and a modified MAF...that is it... That is not me I am talking about but others...I have read on a few that have dyno'd close to those numbers.. I have not dyno'd recently that is why I used the term approxiamately... Hope that clears things up a bit.. Very Lost......
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone running NOS?-hpim0327.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 04-10-06 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-10-06, 03:30 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

There is no way you or anybody gained 50 hp from intake, exhaust, and tuning. The 300 hp 1uzfe you speak of is a highly modded engine. I too follow Lextreme.

This forum is about providing facts and truth so that other members can use that information to improve their cars. What you post is fiction and very misleading for the uneducated reader.

I don't care to get into a pissing contest with you either, but I do care enough to forewarn those new members who cannot decipher your babble from truth.
Old 04-10-06, 06:26 PM
jibbby

Very lost - I agree with you 100% that you cannot gain 50hp with exhaust and intake only.. You must also consider a 10-15hp ECU piggy back setup that is perfectly tuned, Many electrical upgrades, as well as a electric fan swap and hydro pump deletion to free up horsepower, this thread is not about what my engine can or cannot do, it is about nitros oxide systems that is all...

I thought this thread may help others that don't have a huge budget to spend on a Turbo setup and or Supercharger setup for an SC400. It is a very simple and cost effective way to get the huge horsepower gains that people dream of... I am posting to say it is vantastic and working out great for me for over a year now... That is all, and draging up dirt that happen many moons ago is not productive either, I am sure if I looked hard enough I can find some dirt on you too... Please contribute to this thread with your thoughts about Nitros Oxide systems and stay on topic....
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone running NOS?-hpim0320.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 04-10-06 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-10-06, 08:13 PM
PRSC
Driver School Candidate

What should be my 1/4mile time with an automatic SC300 using 100HP shot of Nitrous,exhaust,intake,fuel pump and SAFC? thank you
Old 04-10-06, 09:02 PM
jibbby

Is your sc300 stock? I know it increased my 0-60mph times increadibly, got my rears spinning crazy in first gear and a little in second gear and did a nice job on my quarter mile time too. I think If you throw a 100-150hp nitros shot on just about any stock car it will wake up a sleeping giant...You will be impressed and not dissapointed I can tell you that much...

Here is a better picture of how the nos system hooks up directly to the trottle body from the engine view.
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone running NOS?-hpim0305a.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 04-10-06 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-10-06, 10:13 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Your spouting off numbers without proof so of course we will comment on it.

what's a "nice job" in the 1/4 mile why not post the time slip?

Also please provide dyno print outs of the 235 base and 290 with no nitrous! Very impressive on 92-94. They were overated from the factory.

Also, whats a hydro pump and what is the solenoid that is attached to the bottle inline with the nitrous feed line?

I'm going for SAFCII tuning with 150hp shot on Wednesday to improve my 270whp #'s. I will post my dyno slips then.
Old 04-11-06, 10:27 AM
jibbby

As I told Very Lost I don't want to get into it over dyno numbers, I posted a nos thread not an 1uz... hp thread, but after reading your early post that states your 1992 SC400 only dyno'd at 180hp at the flywheel and not rwhp I consider that to be a very week dyno. I also think unless you have ton of miles on your SC400 it should dyno much higher.. Again, rated 250hp at stock and that is fact, overrated or not you should not have a 70hp drop off from stock that is too much and I think your SC400 is not fuctioning at optimal performance...

Again I do not have a dyno on my car, period! I have not dyno'd in over six months, so please stop asking me to provide a dyno sheet I cannot....... My spouting numbers are based on threads read, years of experience and dealing with these SC400's and 1UZ..motors, years of reading forums threads on Lextreme.com, info at intellexual.net, and much much more...and of course hands on experience as well. If you need to see dyno's on the 1UZ.. motors don't ask me, check out Lextreme.com forum for yourself and use the "search function" type "dyno" or "dyno test" and you find what you asking for. and you will find I am not just spouting out numbers.....

Again Stock from factory is 250hp on 1UZFE/SC400 car and engine, and I believe if an SC400 has relatively low miles and is properly maintained and in tune the dyno should be over 200hp easily and that is hp at the crank and not at the wheels... You might considered changing out your mufflers, cats and Y pipes, ground wires, fully tune and I am sure you will see a huge turn around in your 180hp SC400. You may have some serious restiction going on in your exhaust system, and your ground wires may be toast. However, your 150 nitros shot system you are working on will be a kick that you will be most impressed with.. Good job....

In regards to the cylinoid that is part of the Dry nos system, I also have a capicitor next to the bottle... The hydro-pump is the pump that drains HP from your stock engine to run the powerful stock Hydraulic fan.... Hope that helps..
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone running NOS?-hpim0311.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 04-11-06 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-11-06, 10:33 AM
jibbby

Throw a set of these shorty headers and delete your EGR on your SC400 and you will notice a good punch as well in addition to the exhaust change out I mentioned above......
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone running NOS?-hpim0344.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 04-11-06 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-11-06, 10:39 AM
jibbby

Also straight thru mufflers flow the best out of all the high performance mufflers.....
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone running NOS?-hpim0343.jpg  
Old 04-11-06, 10:43 AM
jibbby

I can go on and on about each specific mod with pictures and what it should do for the SC400, but again this is a Nitros Oxide thread and not about each mod or dyno numbers on my SC400......
Old 04-11-06, 11:18 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

a bit off topic, but has anyone tried nos on a vvti sc400? and how much hp can the stock 5spd tranny take?
Old 04-11-06, 12:29 PM
jibbby

Thumbs up

Stock lexus trannies are known to give way around 450hp at the crank sc300/400's.... The Supra V160 tt supra manual trannies can handle 4 digit horsepower.... Similar mounting setup and swapable...

To Verylost - Without creating a verbal war, I was thinking about your statement about "no way you can get 50hp off an exhaust and intake change" I have to disagree, I think it very possible to get a 50hp gain just with a "complete" exhaust change on a older first generation SC400 with high miles... Reason being the stock exhaust system becomes very restrictive over 14 years, Cats clog, mufflers clog, etc...so if one were to change out the entire exhaust system - let's say headers, delete that cat's, install mandrel exhaust piping thoughout, high flowing X member, and straight thru mufflers, I do believe you may possibly see 50hp gain.. Were talking about the the combination of HP recovery from the 14 year old clogged and restrictive stock exhaust system in combination with all the new high performance exhaust changes I think it is very possible in contrary to what you say.. I would bet you those results might show up on the Sc400 that dyno's at 180hp on this very thread... Very possible....

I post this pic because this sc rocks..and I also ran out of nos pictures..
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone running NOS?-20680ssrsc.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 04-11-06 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-11-06, 03:05 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jibbby
My spouting numbers are based on threads read, years of experience and dealing with these SC400's and 1UZ..motors, years of reading forums threads on Lextreme.com, info at intellexual.net, and much much more...and of course hands on experience as well. If you need to see dyno's on the 1UZ.. motors don't ask me, check out Lextreme.com forum for yourself and use the "search function" type "dyno" or "dyno test" and you find what you asking for. and you will find I am not just spouting out numbers.....
Stock pre 95 sc400s dyno in the 180 hp range. Lextreme, clublexus, and planetsoarer all have data that agrees. Please don't claim to have any experience in regards to research and please stop spouting false information. I have been here for over 4 years now and have read almost every thread here since. All stock sc400 dyno reports are the same (excluding the vvti models). They clock in between 170 to 190 hp.

Proof: http://www.planetsoarer.com/dynolibrary/dynolibrary.htm
http://www.lextreme.com/ryadyno.htm
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422

P.S. Before you lecture me on gains from exhaust and intake, do some reasearch on my past. I was the first to install headers on my sc400 on Clublexus. That was about 3 years before jbrady came out with his headers. I know what my car can do. It's been tracked and the proof is buried within CL. There are gains to be had but not miraculous gains. I have manged to cut off about 1 second in my quarter mile time. To me that's huge. I am also pretty sure I can still cut off another 0.5 seconds given that I have just installed a TRD LSD and finally something to tune the AFR and removing all the crap in the car. At the end of day, cutting off 1.5 seconds in the 1/4 is great for me, but to some and to me, it is still slow. However, I do take pride in the art of engineering and mechanics which is the reason why money still gets dumped into the car.

Last edited by verylost; 04-11-06 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Editted out of respect to DaveGs4
Old 04-11-06, 03:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

verylost, jibbby:

Please keep this thread on topic and discontinue any personal attacks or responses to attacks.

Quick Reply: Is anyone running NOS?