Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What is the best aftermarket intake for SC400's

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 09:24 AM
redsc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best aftermarket intake for SC400's

Hey Guys, I am looking to replace my intake on a 1993 Sc400. I heard that the Millen intake and the Injen were safe bets...Any suggestions?
Old 04-20-06, 10:13 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

intake = engine. Moved to engine forum.
Old 04-20-06, 10:27 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

The one you have on your car now when modified is your best and cheapest bet... Look into intakes on intellexual.net...
Old 04-20-06, 10:42 AM
Mwmorph
Driver

the stock is pretty good and a lot of aftermarket intakes will actually lose you power. A BFI is ncie and consistency adds a bit more power for basically free, i would suggest searching it up on planet soarer(google it, i cant remember exact address at the time)
Old 04-20-06, 10:48 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Dont wanna sound stupid, but im kinda bad with all those abreviations. Whats BFI stand for? OK thks, lol, rofl.
Old 04-20-06, 12:47 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

If your not shy about spending money the best intake available is a "cold air box intake", that type of intake will most likely give you the most gains, most others will give you nothing. Introducing colder air makes for more power... plain and simple.... Basically the "cold air box intake" is a metal or insulated airfilter box that replaced your stock plastic one and will shield away most engine heat and inturn will create cooler flowing air to your engine..A high flowing air filter is also provided in the deal usually.....

Colder air is more dense and more combustable then hotter air...

BFI - Black Forest Industries, I think if I remember correctly... BFI is just a brand name of a certain type of intake system like, K&N, Injen, AEM, etc.....

Last edited by jibbby; 04-20-06 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-20-06, 12:56 PM
Mwmorph
Driver

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
Dont wanna sound stupid, but im kinda bad with all those abreviations. Whats BFI stand for? OK thks, lol, rofl.
http://www.planetsoarer.com/indexfull.html#BFI

bfi=big [fat, friggin,etc] intake

it allows as much ar through as a pod filter, yet has full sealing of air from engine bay so the only air collected is cold air from outside unlike the aftermarket kits and should cost you less than $20 to do.

Originally Posted by jibbby
If your not shy about spending money the best intake available is a "cold air box intake", that type of intake will most likely give you the most gains, most others will give you nothing. Introducing colder air makes for more power... plain and simple.... Basically the "cold air box intake" is a metal or insulated airfilter box that replaced your stock plastic one and will shield away most engine heat and inturn will create cooler flowing air to your engine..A high flowing air filter is also provided in the deal usually.....

Colder air is more dense and more combustable then hotter air...

BFI - Black Forest Industries, I think if I remember correctly... BFI is just a brand name of a certain type of intake system like, K&N, Injen, AEM, etc.....
do you know what the wapon r cold air box is and if realyl is any bit useful?

Last edited by Mwmorph; 04-20-06 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-20-06, 03:49 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U can make one yourself for way cheaper then a name brand one and have it work just as well if not better.
The weapon R box is a rip off, you can make one for less then $10 checks my sig for the link. The box makes a difference I can feel the temp. When I pop the hood.
With out the box a intake is basically a short ram intake, a cold air intake is one that is shield from head and exposed to cold air, or relocated out of the engine compartment away from heat.

Last edited by $C300; 04-20-06 at 03:55 PM.