Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1UZ-FE V8 Air Forced Induction?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 12:49 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1UZ-FE V8 Air Forced Induction?

I am fairly new to this forum and am curious is there any other members that have either supercharged or Turbo'd the Lexus V8's.... It appears the V8 are more challenging to build in comparison to the straight 6 motors...It appears to me that most people are taking the easy path of least resistance and going with the straight six builds instead. I am aware of SC400TT twin turbo build on this forum and that is it...Would love to see more attempts being made on these wonderful 4.0L and 4.3L V8 motors? Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails 1UZ-FE V8 Air Forced Induction?-terra_charger_supercharger_3_web.jpg  

Last edited by jibbby; 04-25-06 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-24-06, 01:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Jibbby,

If it's the 1UZ in general you're interested in (not specific to the SC) there are probably a few more boosted GS400 / GS430s than I'm aware of vs boosted SC400 (or SC430s - I know of three boosted SC430s). Off the top of my head Emerald also has a custom FI setup on her SC400.

The registry I put together is woefully outdated but will give you an idea. There are a half dozen twin turbo GS400s and at least ten supercharged GS400s (including myself) and a handful of custom single turbo GS400s https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...9&page=3&pp=40 That list also includes 2JZ boosted GSs.

Keep in mind all the GS400 / GS430 v8s in that link are 98+ with VVTI.
Old 04-24-06, 01:48 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

And HOW many times has this topic been discussed?

http://www.lextreme.com/

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147035

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185878

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140442

But I dont understand why you would need forced induction when you're already making 475 HORSEPOWER
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...3696&highlight
Old 04-24-06, 01:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
And HOW many times has this topic been discussed?

But I dont understand why you would need forced induction when you're already making 475 HORSEPOWER
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...3696&highlight
Drew, take a day off for continuing to stalk Jibbby when you've been asked not to in the past.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=jibby

As I searched for this thread, I found you've recently had a week off for similar issues with another member... if I'd found that post before I did the one day ban, it would have been two weeks this time instead of a day.

If you don't like someone, please use the ignore feature of the forum if you can't communicate maturely and respectfully with specific other members. There is no need to continue to flame and call out other members. Please let bygones be bygones.
----------
Thread back on topic please.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-24-06 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-24-06, 02:16 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are quite a few FI'd V8's runing around this board, you are right though there are far more V6's, reason being they are easier since there is more aftermarket support.

I myself have been supercharged and now turbocharged on my 98 GS400
Old 04-24-06, 04:06 PM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I find the time, I am dropping my 93 400 off in PA at Kaufman motor sports where my buddy Dave works for a custom turbo setup.

Unfortunatly the new job and temp assignments in their labs in CLE and Nashville has put that on hold for a few months. Maybe this winter if I pick up another vehicle to drive (not driving my 2000 as a DD!)
Old 04-24-06, 06:10 PM
jibbby

Thanks DaveGS4......

The reason I posted this thread is I have searched this forum and mostly all the threads I found just cover the SC300 builds in regards to air forced induction.(turbo's mostly) which is fine and great... Also on Lextreme forum most builds if not all in the States are again on the SC300 motors ...I understand the reason for this - and that it is easier to turbo (single turbo on the straight six with more room under the hood as apposed to a twin turbo setup on the V8 with limited space under the hood)...and I am sure there are alot other reasons aswell... However, there are many Australians that are supercharging their Soarers and or 1uz-fe motors... and I guess I would like to see if there are any active members besides SC400TT who is into building the 1uz-fe with A.F.I. applications... Most people are also favoring the turbocharging over supercharging... from what I have heard belt slippage on the superchargers are a problem for some and again limited under the hood space. Also turbo setup are usually cheaper and more practical.....

I am currently aware and have seen several turbo'd LS400's, turbo'd GS400's, they're several out there like Morris, Dave, and others, and I am sure they are fast and nice, etc... but the SC's not so many... I guess you can say I just want to admire and congradulate the few that venture where many and most do not...like SC400TT..... Not to be repetitious but I really want to Supercharge my SC400 after the tranny build or swap is complete, forgies are in, etc...and am looking for some contacts.. This would hopefully be in combination with the nos I already have and am running... Looking for testimonies but not finding many here in the States on any of the forums...

As for the people with the newer A.F.I V8's I do want to say congradulations. The VVT-i in conbination with the A.F.I. can get nasty, I have seen a few GS's that tear it up.......That is all....See ya and thanks for the replies...
Old 04-24-06, 08:27 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,407 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
Dave I would have done 3 weeks. You have a kind Heart.
Old 04-24-06, 09:48 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Jibby, I've talked to you before on Lextreme I belive.
I also have a twin turbo SC400.
Old 04-25-06, 09:01 AM
jibbby

RDM20FAN - Your SC400 is awesome!!!! Yes we have talked a few times on Lextreme.. I have mentioned your sc on another post on this forum as being faster then mine.... Yours is a TT if I remember correctly with the built up stock tranny... We talked about your tranny build before..(coleens steels, increased line pressure, asbestos blues, etc...) You my friend have a rare and fast SC400, and I must say good work to say the least... I still might go with the tranny build similiar to yours...What do you think you can peak out HP wise on your stock tranny build? I think you said you are laying down close to 500whp now with the Automatic tranny, which is impressive... Are you planning to up the boost in that wonderful SC of yours? Or is the car a finished project?

Jgscott - As always thank you for your kind and just words