Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Auto-auto tranny swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 06:40 PM
turboXS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto-auto tranny swap questions

First off, yes I searched and could not find what I needed. Ok I'm new to this board and new to Lexus but have had and worked on many other cars but my question is will a 94 Supra TT automatic tranny bolt right up to my auto 93 SC300? The reason I ask is I can get the Supra tranny for free and right now the stock tranny isn't doing any good, the boost hits so hard that it just goes straight to the rev limiter and I have to take my foot completely off the gas for the car to shift in 1st and 2nd gear, it's not as bad in 3rd but still I need to do something. I would guess that the TT auto tranny is most likely stronger and I know for a fact that the tranny shifted perfect nearly every time when it was in my friend's supra that was putting right about the same amount of power to the ground-400+ so will it bolt right up? anything that needs to be done to make it work? thanks in advance
Old 05-13-06, 11:24 PM
turboXS
Driver School Candidate

bump...anybody??
Old 05-13-06, 11:52 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

The supra tranny holds a very good amount of power.

The problem is, you wont be able to mate the tranny to the 2jz-ge. It takes too much work to do it.

The reason being is the SC transmission is line controlled, where as the Supra transmission is electronically controlled.
Old 05-14-06, 05:46 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The TT tranny will bolt up using the TT Bellhousing, TT Flexplate, TT TorqueConverter and TT rear support. You will also need an ECU to control it. AEM works.
You will also need a new drive shaft. The SC400 drive shaft will work, but a custom 1 piece will work better.
Its worth the swap IMHO.

gadgetSC-t
Old 05-14-06, 01:35 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gadgetSC
The TT tranny will bolt up using the TT Bellhousing, TT Flexplate, TT TorqueConverter and TT rear support. You will also need an ECU to control it. AEM works.
You will also need a new drive shaft. The SC400 drive shaft will work, but a custom 1 piece will work better.
Its worth the swap IMHO.

gadgetSC-t
When you can get a boostlogic built tranny for $1800 with core exchange?
Old 05-14-06, 01:49 PM
turboXS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
When you can get a boostlogic built tranny for $1800 with core exchange?
Ok, well I've checked out the boostlogic tranny and plan on either doing that or maybe a th350/400 when I have the money same question though the boostlogic tranny is made for a supra, so will that bolt right up? Also I've heard of some turbo SC's with stock auto tranny and a shift kit doing pretty good any opinions on that? If so what would be a good shift kit to buy? The car is a DD that will only be at the track every once in a while it's pretty much a highway queen for now. thanks for the replies
Old 05-14-06, 02:45 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

There is a boostlogic transmission made for the SC/ NA Supras.
http://www.boostlogic.com/parts_supraNA.html

Your stock transmission wont hold much longer with that kind of power. Mine began slipping around 3-4 months daily driven.
Old 05-14-06, 04:01 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

A good Supra TT Engine is hard to find these days...I live in LA the car mecha for used auto parts...Go for the swap if you can....Those motors can pull an SC300 very hard....Same subframes and the swap should be doable as stated above...Grab as many parts off that Supra as you can, Brakes, control arms, suspension, Torsen LSD, etc...It all fits....
Old 05-16-06, 01:07 AM
turboXS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jibbby
A good Supra TT Engine is hard to find these days...I live in LA the car mecha for used auto parts...Go for the swap if you can....Those motors can pull an SC300 very hard....Same subframes and the swap should be doable as stated above...Grab as many parts off that Supra as you can, Brakes, control arms, suspension, Torsen LSD, etc...It all fits....
Thanks felix is that the tranny you're running? but I dont understand what this quote said, are you saying I should put a GTE in my car If I wanted I could find the motor easily but my motor is great, it was rebuilt my only prob is the tranny so what do you mean?