Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

help on horsepower gains

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-06 | 03:42 PM
andrew_A_3
Driver

dude im sorry but you need to get off the turbo doggy DOES NOT WANT TURBO IN HIS CAR. get off jibby's back.
Originally Posted by verylost
Yes, the headers are still stupid.
$500 for the headers
$250 for whatever computer management
$200 to $500 for exhaust.

We are close to $1000 just for a measly 17 hp. For another $1000, we are close to a budget turbo kit or a 1jz swap which nets a gain of around and over 100 hp.

And what is he going to do after he has the headers? Nothing. There is no upgrade path with headers. It's a dead end. If he wants more power, he has to take off the headers and sell them. With a turbo kit or the 1jz, the number of mods are limitless.

I would advise you to stop baiting me into this crap. Trust me, there is alot more information you need from me and pissing me off will not do you any good. In regards to the mods you are planning to do, I have only told you the basics. I have yet to tell you the crap load of problems you will run into. (think headers and egr). Oh yeah, searching won't do you any good. I've yet to document any of the problems I've come across and solved in any forum.
Old 06-08-06 | 03:50 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Originally Posted by verylost
Yes, the headers are still stupid.
$500 for the headers
$250 for whatever computer management
$200 to $500 for exhaust.

We are close to $1000 just for a measly 17 hp. For another $1000, we are close to a budget turbo kit or a 1jz swap which nets a gain of around and over 100 hp.

And what is he going to do after he has the headers? Nothing. There is no upgrade path with headers. It's a dead end. If he wants more power, he has to take off the headers and sell them. With a turbo kit or the 1jz, the number of mods are limitless.

I would advise you to stop baiting me into this crap. Trust me, there is alot more information you need from me and pissing me off will not do you any good. In regards to the mods you are planning to do, I have only told you the basics. I have yet to tell you the crap load of problems you will run into. (think headers and egr). Oh yeah, searching won't do you any good. I've yet to document any of the problems I've come across and solved in any forum.
Verylost - I am not baiting you into anything just trying to make a point and prove you WRONG like you are doing with me....Again your wisdom and kept secrets are not impressive..

.Egr - weld in a new flange for the EGR exhaust valve at a lower area on the exhaust system, problem solved or get a EGR delete kit for under $100.... Computer management? Are you talking about a Piggy back ECU which by itself will bring you 15-20hp and help tune the car to perfection...I see a great benefit to that outside of the headers....What else...Exhaust $300, what the hell does that have to do with the headers? What are you talking about? Any further exhaust mods are completey independant and seperate from the headers unless you are talking about paying a mechanic to install the headers....

Again most people do not share your air forced induction knowledge and what is involved with creating a aftermarket turbo setup on an SC300..This price you quote for the turbo application cost is off and will be different for someone hiring a mechanic to put it all together as apposed to you doing it all yourself......I think building up an N/A motor first is a good start to learn, explore and then when ready move on to something bigger or better... Further more what about when the reggy comes due and a smog cerificate is needed....I don't think so Pal, not with an turboo addition for the money your talking about.....atleast not a chance in California unless you have a illegal hookup.....Headers no problem if the EGR is kept intact and maybe even if deleted...as I have had a freind recently that just passed smog with a deleted EGR on his LS400......

In conclusion building up an SC300 and SC400 motor with all the outside the engine goodies (Turbo's excluded) won't make the car a bullet like AFI would, but it is a good start and it will get the car performing a hell of a lot better then stock.... I could go on and on but I think I have made my point.... Again turbo is the best option by far for massive power gains and cost savings if you know exactly what you are doing or have friends and hookups to help you with the biulding process.......What if the car also is your daily driver, down time with a turbo setup could takes weeks, with parts that don't work, fuel pump install, ECU tuning, BOV, intercooling, Exhaust mod'ing like strength welding and prefabing the ehaust manifold to house the turbo whether it be steam pipiing or what ever you choose, etc..the list goes on... With headers your car is down for a half a day and when finished the car is still reliable as stock.......

Again 15hp for $600 and not a $1000 is ok....the headers can always be re-sold on Ebay for probably the same price if and when considering a future turbo setup... Again I disagree completely with your claim and so do others...No real loss with headers, only gains....Verylost this is not insanity this is reality for a beginner building his or her SC and you of all people should know that.......

Oh and lastly, if I pissed you off good because you pissed me off yesterday with your rude posts, so as far as I am concerned we are even for now, live with it and don't be a baby..... Do yourself and all of us a favor and start posting some detailed top secret facts behind your claims which you choose not to disclose for some unknown reason.. ...It looks like you are hiding something or are just winging it not to look stupid....Teach someone something, post a picture or two and type, it won't kill you.....You may gain my respect back as well as others, I know you have some smarts use them.......

I got an idea Verylost why don't you tell us what exactly what turbo setup is the best bang for the buck on the sc300 and list down all the parts and what custom work will be needed in addition to thpse parts..What problems to expect and avoid, where to purchase all the parts for the best prices for your proposed $2000 aftermarket 100hp turbo setup... throw in some pictures and a full tutorial break down and what boost to shoot for for starters...Many people will learn from that, then I will be impressed and we will be getting something out of this thread other then negative feedback back and forth ....I'm not baiting you either, just asking if you can for us? I think I can or atleast come close even for the SC300 and not the sc400...

SORRY FOR THE STORY PEOPLE......

Last edited by jibbby; 06-08-06 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-08-06 | 07:13 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

THATS ENOUGH, there is a lot of useful info here. No one needs to agree on whats
the best, thats the point of a forum. INFORMANTION Its up to the reader to deside
whats right for them. The needless banter & BS is just that.
Old 06-08-06 | 08:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Laxdude, your access has been suspended for a week because of your personal attacks and cursing. I started at two days, but as I read on in this thread you were totally out of line with your callouts and curses.

Next time I find such a string of attacks from you, the ban will be permanent. No more warnings.

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Jibbby show me a f***ing dyno sheet and I will believe you!! You come on here and claim all these bol **** gains, and you have no proof to back it up! So step up and show me something! Another thing why can't he swap in a 1jz for around $1500? That's just about as much as the stuff you are listing, tune up, exhaust, headers, bfi, etc. Plus he will have more power and a better platform for upgrading to more power later on in the future.
My car is getting finished in this next week to come. You better believe I will post a damn dyno sheet that will be around 300rwhp. Once summer is over expect 375 rwhp after I upgrade my injectors. How you like them f***ing apples PAL?? The majority of the time I usually do put a little input in for new members. But I just didn't feel like it this time b/c we have had alot of new guys join (which is great) but they can find everything you suggested by searching the forum. So it sometimes gets old.
Any more bol s*** you wanna talk.

Have you even raced on a quarter mile strip? What do you run? How about you get some real mods for your car, such as a turbo or supercharger. You have NOS because you wanted the easy way out and can't afford to do FI. You have done good mods to your car that help out alot, but minus the NOS you don't have **** to keep up with a built and tuned turbo SC300. How do you know you will smoke me man? You don't know even know how much power you have and what your car does in the 1/4 mile. My car will have new clutch that can handle 550 lbs of torque. I can drive my 5spd a hell of a lot better than you can your 4spd autotragic. I have staggered supra rims with 275's in the rear.

Back off with your o wait you can't claim **** for horsepower attitude.
Old 06-08-06 | 08:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

cherplex, I am not going to suspend you for this, but I am going to give you a public warning. I expect a regional moderator on our forum to act like a mature and helpful member of Club Lexus and not participate in 'call outs' and shaming others. I am very disappointed in your participation in this thread.

Originally Posted by cherplex
Ok this has gone on long enough I tried to resist but......Jibby why don't you show us that "dyno" you posted a while back

oh never mind ladies and gentlemen of the jury I direct your attention to exhibit A. The posts in the thread below sums it all up. Scroll down to the middle for the dyno and read the posts after that.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&page=2&pp=15

edit: good luck with your search for power doggydogsc I suggest reading up on supraforums and clubna-t most of the cars there are boosted but there are still other options.
Originally Posted by cherplex
awwww jibbby is getting pissed...........don't worry I'm sure you will find more dynos on google to show us

edit: you Misspelled apologized there jibbby
Jibbby, same for you. We've had conversations where I've asked you to report a post to moderators when it gets out of hand. Calling names is not mature or productive and I ask you to either walk away from a thread before that happens or notify a moderator from this point forward.

Originally Posted by jibbby
I knew this was going to pop up again it was only a matter of time...and from my favorite member jerkplex...I love you too man...As I have said before that was my first post and I was dead wrong in those postings.and already appologised .and that was along time ago. I was also pissed off at the time like I am starting to get now......Gee jerkplex, we haven't seen that before.. ..This thread has gone to the dumps thanks to you guys...Sorry doggy and good luck...

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-08-06 at 08:49 PM.