Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Manual 400...nah

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 12:39 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys and your dyno's and quarter times, if I am asked one more time I may screem.....

I DON"T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

With NOS -I can tell you I got edged out by anew stock Corvette 0-60mph by about one full car lenght..but it was reasonalbly close, even got a thumbs up from the Vette driver, he was shocked.......My last race I ran neck and neck for a while with a new M5 BMW until I experienced an untimely nos tranny shift and then got worked, That was my last race a couple of weeks ago..... Now I am currently building up the stock tranny so that doesn't happen again......

WIthout NOS - my car ran a hair faster then a new stock Nissan 350zx and G35 infinity...I raced both from a red light 0-70mph and won by a cars length or so.....Actually half a car length on the 350 and full car length on my friends G35...

That should paint a good picture on how fast my Sc400 is 0-60mph with and without nos so you can now guess my quarter mile time for me.....

That is where my car is at now currently next week that might all change....... Now if you want you can question me on those races....I am posting races I barely lost so that I won't get the skeptics.......If I said I raced a Pinto and won I would still probably get some crap from a few of you guys........

Races I got really smoked in that last year - Dodge Viper, Lambo, CBR1000 motorcycle, Saleen Mustang.... That is what I can remember and would like to forget.......

I must post some kills for pride sake alone...Beat out the new stock Mustangs, Camaros, Turbo's honda Civic, Older Vette, 500Sl Mercedes. stock 745 BMW, all those cars I beat out cleanly... My best two races to date that I barely won and are most proud of was with a new M3 BMW, and a Suped up BMW 745 that was probably supercharged or turbo'd...Edged both out under nos just barely.....

Story is over.....positive feedback would be appreciated.... :..
Old 05-25-06, 12:47 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People ask for dynos and quarter mile times because it is the standard. Do you measure things with a ruler or a oscar meyer hot dog? Sure, I can say something is longer than a hot dog, but does that mean it's 1 yard long or 3 miles long?

And deciding how fast a car based on street races is stupid. Half the time, the other guy doesn't even realize he's in a race. It's too driver dependent and tells us next to nothing about the car itself.
Old 05-25-06, 01:13 PM
jibbby

Hear we go again...Verylost I disagree with you......Maybe with your street races they don't know if your racing..Well let me say this I am not shy so when I race we mostly always know we are racing....I tap the gas at the red and look over and point forward.or visa versa alot of times...The other racer 95% signals if it is on or not...I won't roast my tires unless I know it is on....After the races alot of guys are cool roll down the window and talk to me about my car or say it's fast for a Lexus, etc..or even say let's go one more time..... That is how it has been with me during the past year....Only one speeding ticket so far.........thank god..

I personally think Dyno's are overrated and don't paint the full picture.., I will say again does a dyno tell you how much your car weighs, drivetrain set up, gearing, off the line traction and suspension, I don't think so?.....Just because a car or SC has a nice Dyno number doesn't mean the car is as fast as you would think...Tell me if I am wrong on this?.....

I would take a 300rwhp car that is geared and setup perfect for traction over a 500rwhp car that is not.....Traction, gearing, weight, wheel sizes, etc.. all decide on how fast the car is not some dyno that may not even be that accurate....

Quarter mile times do not lie, however..... but again cannot measure how fast your car is 0-60mphor 70mph......I know for me my car let's off a good deal after 70mph...So even though my 0-70mph time may be impressive my quarier mile time may seem average...

Also Last time I checked most races last 0-60mph or so and not a quarter mile unless you are at a track.......Atleast not my street races.......
Old 05-25-06, 02:41 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Jibby:

I have supported you many times before, but did I read correctly that you beat out a stock 350z with no NOS in a 0-60 run? I find that hard to believe as that car is rated at, I believe 5.8 0-60 from the factory. The Lexus is more like 6.9 or worse in stock form. Your other mods accounted for that much diff in torque and HP? Wow, if so...

Ryan
Old 05-25-06, 03:14 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Just throwing this out there but driver accounts for a lot during a race. I've see the same car win then loose to the exact same car but with a diffrent driver.
Old 05-25-06, 03:28 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Street racing isn't really about who has the faster car. It's about who is the dumber driver by driving at rediculous speeds on public roads. My SC400 will go over 100 mph, but since I refuse to drive at those speeds in public, that must mean the stock honda civic is faster than me, correct?

A dyno will give you much more information than racing some other dumbass on the road.

And if you ever decide to go to the track, you will discover that you don't just get a trap speed and 1/4 mile time. You get a 60 ft time, 1/8 mile time and trap speed. So yes, you can get an estimate a 0 to 60 mph time from the track.

And what about reaction times? When we get into technical discussions here and anywhere, we compare car with car. Not car and driver vs car and driver.

Last edited by verylost; 05-25-06 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-25-06, 03:30 PM
jibbby

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Hey Jibby:

I have supported you many times before, but did I read correctly that you beat out a stock 350z with no NOS in a 0-60 run? I find that hard to believe as that car is rated at, I believe 5.8 0-60 from the factory. The Lexus is more like 6.9 or worse in stock form. Your other mods accounted for that much diff in torque and HP? Wow, if so...

Ryan
Ryan my statement is 100% true believe it or not, and I will swear to that up and down......Also my best friend owns a barnd new stick shift G35 Infinity that is rated right there with the 350Z and I also beat that out everytime by aprox.. one car length 0-60mph.. I have several mods that help my 0-60 times..such as the Dragon Torque converter, Supra LSD, lowered, etc...Don't forget I have done just about every mod in the book to get the most out of my stock engine... The one race with the new 350z was at an on ramp to a freeway...Both gave the thumbs up at the red, my nos was not armed... We went for it and I jumped out in front via the T.C. and traction by about a good car length from the very start and held up in front til about 70mph or so and was exactly one half car length ahead of the new 350z to my suprise.....At that point I let off the gas because that is when my car fades abit....This guy was really trying to beat me and I guarantee he was hammering his 350Z the whole way....True story....

Last edited by jibbby; 05-25-06 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-25-06, 03:39 PM
jibbby

Very lost - thank you so much for calling me dumb, but just to let you know I have a safe street close to where I live that I do most of my racing on...It is two lane one way street that goes for about 1 mile and only two lights...Has grass and trees on both sides, No cross traffic, no pedestrian crossings, or side walks...It runs adjacent to the Marina Rey Freeway and usually there are no police, either...That is why I get so many willing racers over the past year, because we know it is a safe situation......ALot of fancy sports car drive this road to get there rich homes and Condo's in the Marina Del Rey, California or should I say Mexifornia.........

I want you to know that I try my best not to endanger myself or the public when street racing....I pick and choose my spots...So I am hopefully not as dumb as you think I may be....
Old 05-25-06, 05:13 PM
jibbby

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Hmm you haven't dynoed your car. What about this thread that claimed that you have. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183696 . Everyone's car changes. The atmosphere and temperature affect how our cars run. No one is going to drive a 13.12345 1/4 mile every time. It might be a 13.2 or 13.0. Everything changes. Stop making excuses and go the track and run it. Go to a dyno. Post up some time slips and dyno sheets. I would like to see your car run a low 13.
Man that thread is almost older then my SC4...This is the first time i read that post in a while, and yes the teins were on the way and cancelled...Never installed...and what I said was spice out of frustration ,and to be honest at that time I didn't even know what I was talking about..just a rookie......Now that post was definetely exaggerated for sure with the 475hp claim I made..., Honestly at that time I thought I might be close to that number with a super heated nos bottle that is fully charged....My statements were more false out of ignorance and trying to defend myself.... So that was kind of an honest mistake and a long time ago, so back off...Was retarted on my part and appologise as I did before.......Always on the defensive with you guys.., what is up with that? Why don't you fellas chill out on the past, who are out to get me....Digging up old posts I am sure i can find error in a few of yours older posts too...We are human and we do make errors and mistakes at times.....I wish that thread could be deleted and that does not paint a good picture of me....that was my first post on this forum and I got hit hard......

Last edited by jibbby; 05-25-06 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-25-06, 05:20 PM
beastSC400
Driver School Candidate

Thanks SC4Hundo for the support. I plan on getting my hands on the major parts first. So mainly the transmission, the TTC flywheel/clutch, and the adaptor plate. Those three things are the most expensive pieces of the puzzle. After that, as work is being done and more things are needed, I'll be getting a hold of all that. I'm sure I'll be working hard to get all the parts but I will definitely make a list of everything as I go along. And that's an actual written list down on a real piece of paper. This information will be very useful to many other people.

To VSsc400, I would like to know what things you have gone through to get that r154 into your car. It's a possibility I'll end up getting a V160 because supposedly it is possible to find a really good deal on one, plus they're indestructible and work better with the TTC cluth and flywheel and no modification is needed. So are there any tips you could give me that I may not be thinking of right now? I have already looked into that hydraulic thrush bearing you recommended. I read up on it and it seems as though that works better for just track purposes since it is more of an off/on engagement rather than with a normal fork-type operation. My intentions are for street use so that might not work very well with me. If I'm wrong about this please let me know.

Also, how's your SC going? Does it pull pretty hard with that new transmission? And are you using the stock LSD or one from a Supra?
Old 05-25-06, 05:26 PM
jibbby

Beast - Sorry for taking over your thread, I hate when that happens....Some of these guys just get me going....Anyway wish you all the luck with your swap.....
Old 06-12-06, 01:22 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
Beast - Sorry for taking over your thread, I hate when that happens....Some of these guys just get me going....Anyway wish you all the luck with your swap.....
Jibby- Don't take things personally. I don't think it's as much people don't believe your claims as much as it is people want to see actual number, they want to get an idea of what you are running from an established baseline. Saying that your car beat such and such car does not give a scientific method of see how much your mods have actually helped your car. Every method of measurement has a degree of inacurracy, but dyno's and track runs are the most accurate forms of measurement we have. Taking your car for a 1/4 run on the track will not only be fun, but give you alot of data including 0-60 time and of course, with as much accuracy as we have available.
Old 04-11-10, 03:55 PM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Default ..

is there a place in CA that is capable of working on sc400 and poss doing a swap from auto to manual transmission....?? planning for the future but would be nice if i could speak to someone who knows what they are doing to get a clue as to approximate cost.. if it's worth it or not???