Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Boost Controllers? What boost controller is people running?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-06, 11:44 PM
Lars619
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GReddySetG
What you linked is the Profec B Spec II. I was reffering to the older model. The Spec 2 is a single solenoid. Morris, if you are having posative results with this boost controller, you are probably the first person I have heard that is, hahah.

The Profec B I was reffering to was the older, dual solenoid version:

I'm with you. I had the spec-2 and couldn't get the stupid thing to ever work properly. Lots of people in the DSM community had problems with them as well.

Found myself a used Spec-1 and was very happy with the results.
Old 05-30-06, 06:51 AM
GReddySetG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ werd, finally someone who can back me up on this.

I don't know where you got the info of GReddy Spec 2 being the most popular controller and the standard for the market information from. I own a shop, and have sold/installed probably well over a hundred boost controllers within the last couple years on various diffrent cars. 2JZ equipped cars included. And my #1 sellers are the Blitz units I mentioned in my first post. Out of all the GReddy Spec 2's I have sold, not 1 customer has been happy with it. And have sold theirs or came back to get something else.

The OLD GReddy Profec B can be found used for probably around $200-250, making it probably the cheapest one you can get, granted it is used though. But there is a reason they hold their value, its cuz they work. Plain and simple, it gets the job done, and it does it right, the first time.

Last edited by GReddySetG; 05-30-06 at 06:55 AM.