Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another LSD question.... Supra diff carrier

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-06, 11:09 AM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another LSD question.... Supra diff carrier

I have searched but found little info on the OEM 98 N/A auto supra lsd. I know it has roughly the same gear ratio as 5spd Sc300's but will the whole carrier bolt up directly to a 92 5spd sc300 with all original SC drive shafts and axles? Is there any changes between the 94-96 and 97-98 supra lsd's and cariers? I'd ask in the supra forum but I'm having trouble getting in. Please let me know asap as I would like to get one and install it tommorow... Any help would be great.. Thanks guys... Bryan
Old 05-30-06, 01:16 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan858
I have searched but found little info on the OEM 98 N/A auto supra lsd. I know it has roughly the same gear ratio as 5spd Sc300's but will the whole carrier bolt up directly to a 92 5spd sc300 with all original SC drive shafts and axles? Is there any changes between the 94-96 and 97-98 supra lsd's and cariers? I'd ask in the supra forum but I'm having trouble getting in. Please let me know asap as I would like to get one and install it tommorow... Any help would be great.. Thanks guys... Bryan

I'm 100% sure of the answer myself, but if you're in a big rush, why not call up your local toyota dealership and ask them to cross-check the P/N and see if they're a match or are compatable?
Old 05-30-06, 02:06 PM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Default 100%?

Sure which way? Thanks for the reply but I have tried calling the 2 local toyotas by me and they want me to bring the car in. I will be attempting the install myself but just want to be sure before I buy and begin. Its just a used one that a place in LA has.
Old 06-04-06, 07:53 AM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Default No one?

Hmm, I guess there isn't many guys running an sc3 with the supra lsd. I would have thought more sc3's would have done this upgrade than sc4's.... What about dropping the carrier and putting it in the stock diff housing? Have any of you done that? Whats the result? Any problems from the heat due to no cooling fins? Any help would be great guys...
Old 06-04-06, 12:35 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Im almost positive the axles/output shafts are a direct fit, but I havent put mine in yet so Im not 100%. This is the type of response you should start expecting from the CL people, Ive found that most members try to act like they are smart but when it comes down to it, they really just dont know the correct answer so they either dont respond or respond with an answer like you got above.

Also SupraCoup3, Ive found it to be the case that alot of times part #s change even though the actual parts do not....and that still doesnt help him with whether the output shafts/axles bolt up now does it?
Old 06-04-06, 12:37 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Also, from what I've read the actual LSD (NA and TT Autos) will bolt directly up to your old diff housing with no problems (and you can switch out final drives) although you will need to reshim it to make sure the ring and pinion mesh is right.
Old 06-06-06, 01:07 AM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Default Thanks 95 Integ,

Hmm, What year supra is the lsd from that you have? I've also done a lot of searching but keep getting the same threads.. I've actually started researching some part numbers and aparently the companion flanges are the same so it should bolt up to the drive shaft with no problems.. I'm still trying to research the other numbers in hope of bolting up the whole housing. Let me know how your install goes and what else you had to replace if anything... Thanks again 95...
Old 06-06-06, 11:50 AM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bryan858
Hmm, What year supra is the lsd from that you have? I've also done a lot of searching but keep getting the same threads.. I've actually started researching some part numbers and aparently the companion flanges are the same so it should bolt up to the drive shaft with no problems.. I'm still trying to research the other numbers in hope of bolting up the whole housing. Let me know how your install goes and what else you had to replace if anything... Thanks again 95...

To be dead honest, Im not sure what year its from.....Im almost positive its not a 97-98 though.