Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

anyone here running the New Apex-i Safc3 Neo with 1jz?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 12:09 AM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone here running the New Apex-i Safc3 Neo with 1jz?

iam thinking of about dyno turning my car but i cant decide should i spend the little more for the newer Apex-i Safc3 Neo. Considering its new iam just wondering about performance and reliability. or should i stick to the safc2? everyone sells the safc2 even used for the same as a new one.

looking for some answers...thanks
Old 06-03-06, 10:59 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

neither
safc shouldn't really be used for tuning on our cars, as it doesn't work right, but i'm not sure if that's how ALL piggy-backs work, or else i'd say go w/ a eManage.
^^referring to adjusting timing while attempting to lean out
if they all work the same, i'd honestly just keep saving up and get a standalone(route i'm going)
Old 06-03-06, 01:31 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ConSynX
neither
safc shouldn't really be used for tuning on our cars, as it doesn't work right, but i'm not sure if that's how ALL piggy-backs work, or else i'd say go w/ a eManage.
^^referring to adjusting timing while attempting to lean out
if they all work the same, i'd honestly just keep saving up and get a standalone(route i'm going)

umm not to be mean but do you have any clue what your talking about? the afc will work just fine unless you are over 750cc injectors simply because it can only correct up to 50% injector duty cycle and it would not idle right on larger injectors..... now as for timing the afc adjusts timing on it own depending on wether fuel is added or removed. now this is a small amount of timing but it is done. also we are talking about a 1jz he shouldnt need to mess with timing on that motor at all unless he is going for more than the afc is capable of in which case he wouldnt use one any ways. now you may need something to adjust timing on an na-t and not always just depends on your set up. also there are alot better and more cost effective ways than emange. IMO emanage is pretty much worthless for how much work it is and what it does. if you want budget then get an afc or map ecu and a crane trc-1 box to control timing if needed. if your going for more than what can be controlled by this set up you may as well forget greddy and jump up to aem ems.
Old 06-03-06, 08:24 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AS an FYI I am running 500rwhp on my 1uz with vvti with an SAFC2.

But I looked on apexi's site for the SAFC3 but couldnt find anytihng, where can I read about it?

Last edited by morris; 06-03-06 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-04-06, 09:52 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i was talking more of a stock set-up
if he is running ner injectors, turbo and such then it would be up to his tuner, but if he's working on the stock 1j, he's prob looking to lean it out(like i am atm), and the safc shouldn't be used for this.
i am somewhat talking out my ***, but i get my info from one of the best forums on the internet: mr2oc

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?...highlight=SAFC
Old 06-04-06, 11:35 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's not the safc3. It's the afc neo. Basically it's an safc2/vafc2 into 1 w/ a few new features and a cooler look.