Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

stalling issue...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-06, 01:07 AM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stalling issue...

my car is not NA-T yet (im planing on this one rite now...)
but i got stalling issue funny thing is it stalls a lot when the weather is really hot...
it does stalls sometimes when it's cold but during the winter time i only stalled like 3~4 times
but when it starting to get really hot here i stall my car like 1~2 a day...
and it's really annoying specially when im in hurry or during the lunch time.....(when im at work)
i can't find wats wrong with it... when it starts and it runs strong and all but when it starting to stall it just won't stay on idle. my car has lots of miles on it so im planning to replace the engine due to the busted head gasket and such... could it be my ecu that has problem??? or something else... i thought the problem was in ignition or fuel system but i don't think that's the issue here since it happens a lot when it's hot... if someone had this problem before and fixed it... can someone plz help me out... my wife starting hate my sc and so force me to sell the car and i really don't want to... if anyone have any idea let me know so i can at least try and fix this...

edited7/6/2006)
i just noticed 2 days ago that my car sorta miss fires i was goin out so i start the car and i was changing the cd's in my changer and i heard it.... what can cause the missfiring??? i changed all my cap, plug, wire, rotor, and i have leaking valve cover gasket and such can it be my timing or maybe oil gettin into my spark plug??? it sounded like it fired earlier then normal...

Last edited by exodus_2; 07-06-06 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-04-06, 02:05 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

moved engine question to engine forum
Old 06-04-06, 02:12 AM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

thx.. and sorry about that...
Old 06-04-06, 10:31 AM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

nobody can help me????
Old 06-04-06, 12:38 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Vacuum leak?
Old 06-04-06, 09:05 PM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

nope no vacuum leaks... i check that already... and it happens when it's hot so i don't think it's vacuum ...
im thinkin anything electrical... and i don't know maybe ECU?? because my check engine light is not on...
and im not sure that light comes on if i have bad ecu or not...
Old 06-04-06, 10:41 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

It's just hard to pinpoint things like this without being there. Too many variables.
Old 06-05-06, 06:45 AM
Todd1225
Driver

Well, I'm sorry I'm not a mechanic so I can't tell you exactly what to do or what the problem may be. But I will ask you this, when is it stalling out? Is it sitting still and idling then dies? Do it's it stumble and then stall out when driving? Can you give it gas and save it if you notice it's going to stall? That may help someone more knowledgeable pinpoint the issue a little more.
Old 06-05-06, 10:14 PM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

well when it's ok... it starts and runs fine just sometimes it has rough idle...
but when it starting to stall on me... after i start the car it idles for like 2~3 sec and it dies no matter how many times i gas it or let it sit on the the spot it dies... even if i just to drive it right after i start... when it starting to stall it just dies... i gotta try like 10~20 times to start the car and give some gas and it stays idle but if i shut it down right away it won't start i have to drive around for like 15 mins .... and all this happens when it's hot... and this makes me really mad sometimes.... well any help will be appeciated.. T_T thx guys....
Old 06-06-06, 07:20 PM
dorikun
Driver School Candidate

this is happening to me too as well...this only happened to me twice as well...only when parking or slowing down...its as if my idle is too low and then it dies....every light on the dashboard turns on as well and when i had the radio on it turned off....anyone know the problem to that as well? can it be bad battery or bad alternator?
Old 07-06-06, 10:11 AM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

bump.........
Old 12-07-06, 09:52 AM
ILOVELAMP
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is kind of an old thread but I am having a similar problem on my 92. When the car is cold it starts and runs fine, but once its warm and i turn it off and then start it back up shortly after it idles low and rough for about 2 seconds then stalls. Did anyone ever find out what this is all about????
Old 04-10-09, 10:53 AM
turbohye
Driver

i currently have the same problem. First and foremost, Check with a simple compression test and leakdown if possible. If you find yourself having to add oil to the engine every month or so then chances are your valve seals are junk. HOWEVER, that would be a cheap affordable check (compression) before you invest in any parts. If not, always suspect the TPS sensor on the intake. This sensor will affect ALL drivability especially in warm weather. I chased the issue around for 1 year before i finally got a new TPS sensor. My car (93) especially when warm, would idle really low at stop lights and eventually fight the idle and try to stall. It would do it EVERY light. finally after thinking about my high mileage, i decided to replace the TPS and bam, idles like a cadillac. Best thing to do.....find a nearby sc300 owner and see if you can hang out and 1 by 1 swap parts to see which one fixes it. Sounds like a TPS issue though.
Old 04-10-09, 05:11 PM
sc4002soar
Driver

i have this problem on my sc400, on d it holds back, but den after it slowly goin to 20miles an up its fine. but its very embarassingwen on a light wen it acts up.. any solution
Old 04-10-09, 07:26 PM
turbohye
Driver

It would be unfair for anyone including myself to tell you that you should go out and buy a certain part. First thing is first. If a compression test yields no results indicating a headgasket or Valve seal, and there is no check engine code. Check your O2 sensor and go buy some electrical contact cleaner and some grease. Disconnect the TPS and spray her down with the electrical safe cleaner. Let it dry or blow some compressed air on it. Apply the electrical grease to prevent moisture seepage. Plug her back in and start the car till warm and drive her and really get on it. get to a light and see if it acts up again. If the head is good and the TPS is fine and there is no pattern to the idle failing, then i would suspect O2. TPS is very common failpoint on most cars as there are 3 zones. IDLE, MID, and FULL throttle. If the TPS is bad or failing, it could be delivering a signal to the ecu to dump more fuel as if its at full throttle and could be flooding the motor or vice versa. This also confuses the MAF signal and contradicts what it says to the ecu. This is a common issue ESPECIALLY on Zcars and i am starting to see a pattern of this on 2jz's. Hey these cars arent necessarily new. let us know what you find.

Quick Reply: stalling issue...