Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Other Options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-06, 08:09 AM
UnFaZeD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other Options?

Wats up guys? First post and all that.. been lookin at the forums for a while but never really had anything to contribute. Anyways though, I have just recently aquired an Sc300 5speed... took me a while to find, but im glad i didnt setle for the automatic. Wanted one for a while and i was finally in a financial position where i could purchase one. My question is though, for high horsepower and boost, what are my other options other than the 2jzGTE swap? Im not really sure how much horse bower the 2JZGE can hold reliably w/ the higher compression ratios and all. But instead of the swap, wouldnt it be easier if I just built my engine up? New Lower compression pistons, rods, portwork, camshafts.. the whole 9 yards.. Wat do you guys think? Anyone here done this instead of the swap? Or just boosting the stock engine... Thanks in advance for n e help...
Old 07-12-06, 08:14 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by UnFaZeD
Anyone here done this instead of the swap? Or just boosting the stock engine... Thanks in advance for n e help...
There are tons of things you can do...Also there are tons of post on this topic...

http://www.intellexual.net/index.html
Read it, know it.

search button above.
Use it, lots of times
Old 07-12-06, 08:20 AM
UnFaZeD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
There are tons of things you can do...Also there are tons of post on this topic...

http://www.intellexual.net/index.html
Read it, know it.

search button above.
Use it, lots of times
haha thanks, i read that a while back and forgot all about it... I think im gonna end up rebuilding. From what i've read, the swap cost an arm and a leg, and if im gonna spend an arm and a leg, i'd rather have a fresh engine. w/ 194k on the motor i wouldnt trust myself boosting on stock internals...
Old 07-12-06, 11:59 AM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

headgasket is really all you need. Given at 194k, it wouldnt hurt to freshen up all the seals, bearings and rings as well, but there isnt really a need for aftermarket parts unless you plan on breaking the 700hp range....you'd be much better off spending the extra money on decent engine management.