Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Review: C's knock-off short shifter

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-06, 12:18 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ConSynX
it's a short shifter?

i could see maybe a body kit STYLE or something, but a short shifter...there's not much to it.

i agree that paying >$100 is rediculous for what a short shifter is, but C's is known for quality. If it makes a huge difference, it's worth 250, if it's the same thing as stock, but short(same as cutting out a section) then it's worth $20

and the sad thing is that it's worth $250 for us only
other cars have all these other shifters to choose from. . .

There's alot more to the design than you think. I've used used a C's, stock shifter, and some canadian brand's shifter on an S2000 before....hands down, the C's was the best. I still doubt that a knockoff of the C's is as good as the real thing but then, my whole point is that ethically it's wrong for a company to make a copy. (not to mention it's unlawful should C's USA choose to go after them)
Old 09-05-06, 11:02 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?), almost every rediculously overpriced auto-part has a cheap knockoff version floating around.
Unless C's has the design properly patented in the US, they're not gonna get much out of a lawsuit.
Way I see it though is C's shouldn't have anything to worry about. I reviewed it as a C's knock-off...it's right in the title. C's is therefore not being misrepresented in any way, shape, or form.
I've even mentioned that C's has superior quality, hands down. At this point it's a decision that people will make for themselves.
Not everyone can afford HRE, Vertex, and Tein but it doesn't mean we don't want our cars looking good and driving well any less than the next guy.

Cheers,
~Alan
Old 09-06-06, 01:30 AM
CStrikeSC
Driver School Candidate

Copying off others is the American way of business, just compare the PT Cruiser and the new Chevy HHR.
Old 11-06-06, 04:29 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

I just noticed this ebay shifter is not a replica of the c's short shifter, so what's the problem? You can see that the c's short shifter has that cuved bottom rod with that huge ball near the lower part...so obviously they're different. Has anyone else tried this short shifter out?