Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Finishing up the 1jz swap FACT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 02:42 PM
ippyness
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finishing up the 1jz swap FACT

Hey everyone, I Had recently finished my 1jz swap, only to run in to issues, i tried looking around, asking some questions, but didnt really get anywhere, so i decided i was tired of looking around and went out in the 110+ az heat and figured out all of the little problems.

#1 i noticed alota people with there swaps had the issue where hte car was starting its self as soon as the battery is hooked up. First i bypassed the stock system with a button. this worked up its VERY ghetto and needed to be fixed. Manualy running a wire from the starter tab to any wire that has a 12v when the car is turned to the start position fixes this.. i found one but havent had a chance to hook it up yet (ill do it when i get home from work)

#2 Sputter at higher rpms, right before hte auto tranny shifts.. this is as simple as bypassing the stock fuel pump computer. If you locate the computer behinde the drivers side rear panel (right below the window) and you take the two thick wires, (green and black/red) soilder these together and heat shrink... gone, no more sputter.

#3 Tach, The tach is where i got messed up last time... i heard all of this about R109.. well theres a R78 on the 95 cluster that needs to be bypassed instead of the R109. Its the bigger brown looking resister. not any of the little greenish blue ones. (gonna finish this up tonight)

Anyway i still need to finish some stuff up so ill do that tonight and add some more to this..
Old 07-27-06, 02:49 PM
2jz gte
Driver School Candidate

hi names edway i am lookin to do a 2 jz gte swap should i buy off ebay or not i cant deside???????
Old 07-27-06, 03:04 PM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2jz gte
hi names edway i am lookin to do a 2 jz gte swap should i buy off ebay or not i cant deside???????
Man, this has nothing to do with ippyness thread. Not a good way to start your first post.
Old 07-27-06, 03:12 PM
2JZGTE-SC
Pole Position

talk about hi-jacking a thread! is this guy for real or what??? lol
Old 07-27-06, 04:06 PM
2jz gte
Driver School Candidate

sorryyyyyyy M Fer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 07-27-06, 04:07 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 360 Likes on 249 Posts

sorryyyyyyy M Fer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
That's not nice. Please clean up the attitude or nobody here is gonna be willing to help you out man.
Old 07-27-06, 04:14 PM
2jz gte
Driver School Candidate

ok i will sorry wont happen agin
Old 07-27-06, 04:58 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by ippyness
Click this link https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...view/173/1/12/

You were PM'ed on 7-22-06 to remove your sig. Please do so.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-06, 08:05 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

thanks for the good info
Old 07-28-06, 05:38 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ippyness
Hey everyone, I Had recently finished my 1jz swap, only to run in to issues, i tried looking around, asking some questions, but didnt really get anywhere, so i decided i was tired of looking around and went out in the 110+ az heat and figured out all of the little problems.

#1 i noticed alota people with there swaps had the issue where hte car was starting its self as soon as the battery is hooked up. First i bypassed the stock system with a button. this worked up its VERY ghetto and needed to be fixed. Manualy running a wire from the starter tab to any wire that has a 12v when the car is turned to the start position fixes this.. i found one but havent had a chance to hook it up yet (ill do it when i get home from work)

#2 Sputter at higher rpms, right before hte auto tranny shifts.. this is as simple as bypassing the stock fuel pump computer. If you locate the computer behinde the drivers side rear panel (right below the window) and you take the two thick wires, (green and black/red) soilder these together and heat shrink... gone, no more sputter.

#3 Tach, The tach is where i got messed up last time... i heard all of this about R109.. well theres a R78 on the 95 cluster that needs to be bypassed instead of the R109. Its the bigger brown looking resister. not any of the little greenish blue ones. (gonna finish this up tonight)

Anyway i still need to finish some stuff up so ill do that tonight and add some more to this..

The start problem was only for those with stock SC5 spd using 1jz Auto ECU right. Or so I believe I ran that wire from starter to remote start wire in ignition. My other boy is running push start its kinda cool ha ha. From your second post it seems you have an automatic.