Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Teaser pics: My 1JZ swap almost done, and yet another small problem...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-06, 02:56 PM
kaosman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJG2005
[B]Then, I tried to bypass the Neutral Start Switch by running a wire from the black wire on the fusebox connector to pin 8 of the body connector CF1 inside of the car on the pass side firewall like someone posted on clublexus.

Now, at this time I hear the fuel pump coming from the trunk once I turn the key to the "start" position, but the car still does nothing other than that. I was under the impression that the fuel pump should kick on at the ON position, not the start position.

I also noticed a wire disconnected somewhere near the starter. I hear it fits the description of the crank signal wire... that is only one of two connections on the starter... that and the big 12v cable. The starter is so hard to get to that I can't really tell if its plugged in right, if in fact it is the crank signal wire. However, I plugged it into wat feels like it could be its home (the ONLY thing down there that feels like it could be) and the car still doesn't start. For those who know, is this the crank signal wire that goes to the starter?

I heard it was possible to jump the starter... which should bypass everything. (hopefully letting me know that the starter is working, and start the car) but after being down there for the past 2 hours I can't see where I would be able to jump the starter... hopefully someone that has some experience with this could tell me?

Anyone have any advice on anything I posted above, or have any other ideas of what could be the problem? (Maybe some sensors that would cause this, etc?)

PLEASE help me get my car running... THANKS in advance for any help you can offer!
I posted the instructions on the CF1 pin to get the car to start...but keep in mind, this is for a '95 with a 5-speed from the factory and an auto 1JZ clip. If that's not your situation, then it may not work for you.

To jumper the starter, take a decent length of wire, crimp a female spade connector to it (looks like the black spade connector in your pic) and hook it to the starter where the black spade connector goes. Touch this wire to the positive terminal of the battery. Your ignition does not need to be on, and make sure that the car isn't in gear. If the starter is good, the engine will turn over.
Old 08-13-06, 03:28 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

ClubLexus went down at a really bad time for me, but on the bright side, I was able to get the car started and driving this weekend without CL

The day after I made my last post I was thinking about it logically, and I came to the same solution that was posted above. Car started up immediately. It smoked a bit at first when reved, but it turned out to be nothing... just burning up some oil that got places it shouldn't during shipping. After a few mins the car was runnining perfect, and has a constant steady idle.

Yesterday I was really busy and worked on the car all day since I wanted to take it out last night. We mounted the battery box, wired in a push button start, fixed the throttle cable issue, and put the body and interior back together.

I went really easy on the car at first, but did boost a bit later in the night. Everytime I would get into boost I would blow an intercooler pipe I'm going to have to get the pipes bead-rolled at the ends, and get some stronger t-bolt clamps.

The only thing really wrong with it now is I have no power steering. There is only 1/2 qt in the resivour and it's not going down, so I think the pump may be bad. I heard the 2JZ pump is a direct swap, so hoping I can pull it off of my old engine.

Other than that, and not having a downpipe so my car sounds like a jet, I'm really happy with the way it turned out and can't wait to fix those few small issues and start modding. Thanks everyone for your help
Old 08-13-06, 04:22 PM
jstyles129
Lead Lap

How did you do the push button start that sounds pretty sweet?
Old 08-13-06, 08:00 PM
SC300TT!
Rookie

Default Coolant Leak

That hose might be the drain for the AC evaporator....to remove moisture
accumulation. The concern is that if coolant is leaking from here...the source of your leak is the heater core. (Assuming it's the AC drain) If so turn on your heater and see if it leaks. Is there a sweet coolant smell in your cabin?