Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel Managment

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-01, 01:57 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Fuel Managment

Well I would like to know what methods of fuel managment you all are using to turbo your 2jz-ge's. do these engines use a mass air system or a MAP system ?
I read matt3t4s post about the apex power FC but havent found any info on this set up except for the hondas.
I would like to run a piggy back ecu of sorts. Who makes a good one ? (one that plugs in)
I dont want to run a standalone system.(did that before and hated it, while it may be good for a race setup and tuning every last oz. of power out of your car thats not what Im interested in)
I also wouldnt want to run a two injector set up.
Mabe a additional 6 injectors or a way to control 6 large units in the stock locations.

Also like many of you I too came from the honda camp. I am glad to say I will no longer associate my self with those clear tailight, sticker pasted, calvin peeing on this and that ricers !

Last edited by twojayzee; 10-11-01 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-11-01, 02:44 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Now back to the ???, www.apexi.com Apexi S-AFC is a good one from what I've read here, seen, and read other places... "Computerwiz", "93SC3005spd", "MadMax" BananaGS as well as other members at club Lexus have these... Check thru the GS forum threads and our threads here too.(some of the threads here may have been lost in the change over to the new server...) Try a few pages back in the general section of the SC forum...

wwwHKS.com has one so does www.Blitz.com....

Also check with www.Swiftracing.com , www.Weapon-R.com

Last edited by The Ikon; 10-11-01 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-11-01, 05:18 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they use a stock ECU mostly with either a VPC or additional injectors

why run 6 additionals when 2 additionals work fine...
you DO realize where they are placed right? its right on the piping before the throttle body...

VPC is the way to go for serious power though... get a MKIII 550cc injector chip and run 550s all the way around and make some SERIOUS boost... like 18psi with a front mount intercooler...

SC300TURBO is about to run a Haltech unit with 720s

as far as a fuel pump goes... for power under 450rwhp a bolt-in SupraTT fuel pump will work... after that everyone i've talked to recommends the twin pump

fuel systems are expensive on the 2jz cars if you let retail shops sell you stuff... you can spend up to $2500 on a bigger fuel system when the parts are only worth maybe $1500 when sourced from the right places... just watch yourself when buying stuff; if something says 2jz on it most retailers think to charge 300% over what it costs to make...

also you need to look at drivetrain issues as well... after 400rwhp a simple clutch upgrade no longer works as the 5-speed trannies like to blow up
Old 10-11-01, 06:17 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Post I do ...

I do realize where the two injectors are placed but have used that set up before, and I dont like the way the fuel atomized in the manifold. Its just not nearly as precise as one injector per runner.
Old 10-11-01, 07:46 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks EG8 for the quick response... I'll take care of the quote...
Old 10-12-01, 07:08 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh I see what you're sayin

if you're wanting to do it right the first time just get a Haltech E6K... its not much more expensive than the VPC, plus you can the size injectors you want and have everything including NOS control in one little unit...