Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

DASH Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-06, 03:37 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
i just got the heater core in the mail and i have a question, the heater core did not come with those metal tubes that go to the firewal, anyone know why? i called like 5 dealers and they said that it probobly does not come with them, nobody knew for sure. any clues, can i reuse the old ones? do they just slideout and have like an o-ring in between or something?
every heater core i have sold, had the tubes. may i ask where you got it from?
Old 09-14-06, 04:04 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

woodfield lexus
Old 09-14-06, 04:06 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

i just got the heater core in the mail and i have a question, the heater core did not come with those metal tubes that go to the firewal, anyone know why? i called like 5 dealers and they said that it probobly does not come with them, nobody knew for sure. any clues, can i reuse the old ones? do they just slideout and have like an o-ring in between or something?
that ain't right man.
Old 09-15-06, 11:43 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

i sent the heater core back and ordered another one from a different dealership. hope this next one has all the parts not like the other one i got with no tubes connected to it. i noticed that it kind of stopped leaking. i was driving with the heater on for an hour streight, had a small bag attached to the little drain hose to collect water/coolant if it came out, all i got was clear water, and then i let it stand for a while running with heater on high and only waer came out. but then after the night in the morning there was still coolant on the ground. this is wierd you would think if it leaked it would do it when the heater is working, but it only leaks in the morning when the car is cooled down. any ideas? maybe its not the heater core after all.
Old 09-15-06, 11:52 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bypass the heater core .if its still leaking it not the heater core
Old 09-15-06, 12:06 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

how can i bypass it, just connect the two heater hoses together that go to the firewal? or how?
Old 09-18-06, 12:12 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

ok i got anther heater core from carson toyota today, still no inlet and outlet pipes. just the heater core, this is already the third one with out them. i am thinking i can reuse the old ones now. what do you guys think. whenever i call a dealer it shows the two tubes on their little picture in the compiter but no one knows for sure so i guess this is how it is supposed to come. any clues suggestions.
Old 09-18-06, 10:08 PM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Default alternatives

You have my sympathy on this one. I did this on my old T Bird and I would definitely sell the car if I had it to do over again. Not my SC though.

I must sound like a shill for these people by now but it needs to be said again. You need a subscription to "ALLDATA". Go on line and type that. Select the item that deals with "auto manuals on line". For less than $20 you get a years access to your year and model car. Go to heater core replace and print the "removal procedures" and then "installation" procedures if they are in there. Some say reverse the order but others give you help with the install and additional data. You really need this. It is like painting by the numbers.....nearly fool proof and gobs of special info that you will only learn the hard way.

I hope others will chime in on this subject. I bought a three year subscription for my SC and have used it a ton. You can go in one side and out the other without even the slightest hitch except understatements such as "remove the hose". Those sometimes need an hour and a lot of profanity.

Good luck

John
Old 09-18-06, 10:36 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

ok i got anther heater core from carson toyota today, still no inlet and outlet pipes. just the heater core, this is already the third one with out them. i am thinking i can reuse the old ones now. what do you guys think. whenever i call a dealer it shows the two tubes on their little picture in the compiter but no one knows for sure so i guess this is how it is supposed to come. any clues suggestions.
You need some help? I have the same problem but I bypassed the heater core for the time being. It's real easy. The bad thing is that you will have no heat.

Chris
Old 09-18-06, 10:46 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey OLT, removing breaking down the interior to what you have it, did you have all the A/C piping exposed? I plan to take my interior apart to get to the A/C piping to give them a good cleaning.
Old 09-19-06, 11:18 AM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Default heater core R&R

Whoa Horse,

I just went into my "Alldata" site and looked up R&R htr core. Step one was "REMOVE THE ENGINE".....I kid you not.

OLT....was there a fire wall panel that comes off from the engine compartment side?

Thanks

John
Old 09-19-06, 11:36 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JohnEd
Whoa Horse,

I just went into my "Alldata" site and looked up R&R htr core. Step one was "REMOVE THE ENGINE".....I kid you not.

OLT....was there a fire wall panel that comes off from the engine compartment side?

Thanks

John
i'll save my 20 bucks for gas
Old 09-19-06, 11:50 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

i have the factory service manual from lexus and its got the instructions on how to do it, and the first step in there is not remove engine, i dont know why that would be necisary. but anyways the question still is anyone know whether or not the heater core is supposed to come with the two tubes for sure? anyone ever buy one or change theirs?
Old 09-19-06, 03:34 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Hey OLT, removing breaking down the interior to what you have it, did you have all the A/C piping exposed? I plan to take my interior apart to get to the A/C piping to give them a good cleaning.
Sawzall.

Parts car, remember?
Old 09-19-06, 05:56 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont know what sawzall means.
But ok.

Quick Reply: DASH Removal