Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

97 Lexus SC400 Supercharger project

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 12:39 PM
Gibenstein
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bother again but how much did this setup cost to put together ? Shipping and all?
Old 09-28-06, 07:56 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Scott, nice looking kit...I k now you are going to get this all done the right way...Glad to see that Richwood is shipping them out...Boostin the SC400...It is finally becoming more common place...Soon, they may be running around like boosted SC300's...The 400 will get its long overdue respect...

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, I agree SC400's have some overdue respect coming!
Old 09-28-06, 08:12 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gibenstein
Sorry to bother again but how much did this setup cost to put together ? Shipping and all?
That is really a tough question because to just get a kit is not really complete. You need to still add you own supercharger. The kit can come with the supercharger but I think its around $5000. The kit less supercharger is around $2500-3200. Depends on a lot a variables I go mine on a promo sale so I got a good deal. Stay in touch with Richwood and they may hook you up when the kits go on sale. I had been talking with them for a year before I bought this one. Also watch the exchange rate, when its favorble, Buy, that can save you too. I know I'm not giving you a straight answer really but It’s not really fare to Richwood to divulge my paying price.

What I can tell you is if you are going to do this right, plan to drop a wad of cash. The kit is only part of the investment. You need to consider drive train, exhaust, fuel management, tuning. It adds up fast. Look at my mod list and start tagging $$$ on them, you will get up pretty high fast. Not trying to discourage you, just saying be prepared. I started building the rest of my car prior to ordering my kit so I wouldn’t have to stomach it all in one big hit.

If you decide to do it, Rock on! Its going to be fun!
Old 09-28-06, 09:37 PM
Gibenstein
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
That is really a tough question because to just get a kit is not really complete. You need to still add you own supercharger. The kit can come with the supercharger but I think its around $5000. The kit less supercharger is around $2500-3200. Depends on a lot a variables I go mine on a promo sale so I got a good deal. Stay in touch with Richwood and they may hook you up when the kits go on sale. I had been talking with them for a year before I bought this one. Also watch the exchange rate, when its favorble, Buy, that can save you too. I know I'm not giving you a straight answer really but It’s not really fare to Richwood to divulge my paying price.

What I can tell you is if you are going to do this right, plan to drop a wad of cash. The kit is only part of the investment. You need to consider drive train, exhaust, fuel management, tuning. It adds up fast. Look at my mod list and start tagging $$$ on them, you will get up pretty high fast. Not trying to discourage you, just saying be prepared. I started building the rest of my car prior to ordering my kit so I wouldn’t have to stomach it all in one big hit.

If you decide to do it, Rock on! Its going to be fun!
Thats cool. I was just trying to get a rough estimate with shipping (b/c I heard it was outrageous as far as shipping prices). I am still debating weither 1JZ or supercharge.... So many choices
Old 10-01-06, 04:45 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question....do you have a website or something to where you bought your supercharger kit from? I have been wanting to do this but cant find a place that sells them. So where did you get yours from?? Please let me know. Thanks, Dan.
Old 10-01-06, 05:55 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1badceli
I have a question....do you have a website or something to where you bought your supercharger kit from? I have been wanting to do this but cant find a place that sells them. So where did you get yours from?? Please let me know. Thanks, Dan.

I dont know that they have a website but here is some contact info.

email Andrew at Richwood Technologies he will help you out. Give him time to respond, he is very busy and dont forget the time difference.

Tell him Scott Marshall gave you his contact info and he should hook you up.

His email is

richwoodtechnologies@bigpond.com
Old 10-01-06, 06:01 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Default Whats inside a supercharger?

I took apart my supercharger today to get it polished. As long as its apart I ordered all new bearings, seals and a new coupler. It should be like brand new when its done.

I just thought I would show you guys the inside incase you have never seen inside of one. There are different types but this one is a Eaton M90.
Attached Thumbnails 97 Lexus SC400 Supercharger project-apart.jpg  
Old 10-02-06, 09:14 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Try planetsoarer.com for supercharger kits....You need to buy these kits from Australia which kinda sucks...When is someone in the USA going to fab a kit for resale....Mannnnnn...
Old 10-02-06, 01:20 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

scott - great posts. good luck with the project. even on 9 lbs, you should see well over 300 whp.
Old 10-02-06, 01:25 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jtucci
scott - great posts. good luck with the project. even on 9 lbs, you should see well over 300 whp.
I hope you are right. Thanks!
Old 10-02-06, 02:47 PM
Psionic
Lead Lap

I was considering the 5psi kit simply because you dont have to modify anything and the ecu "learns" how to cope with it. I know there was significant hp gains from just that, so it will be interesting to see what the 9psi does. Then I want to see what the 9psi + 150 shot nitrous does. (let me know...)

Edit: just dropping in a link on this conversion for those who are curious.

Last edited by Psionic; 10-02-06 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-02-06, 04:39 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Psionic
I was considering the 5psi kit simply because you dont have to modify anything and the ecu "learns" how to cope with it. I know there was significant hp gains from just that, so it will be interesting to see what the 9psi does. Then I want to see what the 9psi + 150 shot nitrous does. (let me know...)

Edit: just dropping in a link on this conversion for those who are curious.
They claim a 35% power increase on 5-7 lbs boost. You are correct, they say it cN be done on a completely stock car. One thing is certain, we are going to find out. I will be posting dyno results of the car how it is now, then boosted with the 6lb pulley, then the 9lb and last with NOS. This should be fun and educational ! LOL
Old 10-02-06, 06:56 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
They claim a 35% power increase on 5-7 lbs boost. You are correct, they say it cN be done on a completely stock car. One thing is certain, we are going to find out. I will be posting dyno results of the car how it is now, then boosted with the 6lb pulley, then the 9lb and last with NOS. This should be fun and educational ! LOL
You hit it Scott...It is a nice looking kit...Hit that
power...
Ryan
Old 10-03-06, 05:37 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

While you have your SC apart you might want to consider shipping it off for porting. When I had my 04 Cobra everyone was sending their blowers to:

http://www.stiegemeier.com/

to have it ported. They were seeing excellent results as well.

Just a thought.

Jason
Old 10-03-06, 07:42 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BiZ
While you have your SC apart you might want to consider shipping it off for porting. When I had my 04 Cobra everyone was sending their blowers to:

http://www.stiegemeier.com/

to have it ported. They were seeing excellent results as well.

Just a thought.

Jason
Good call, I emailed them, they are talking like 2 more lbs boost and a 35rwhp gain by porting it. they charge around $400 to do it. that sounds like a deal. I may just have to do it! Just another time set back that will pay in the long run. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: 97 Lexus SC400 Supercharger project