Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PT63 Project *Sneak Preview*

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-06, 05:54 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJHSC400
Just give the ole' peace officers a big thumbs up when ya see em'.....
Hmmm, Maybe thats the problem....Ive been giving em the wrong finger!
Old 02-12-07, 04:12 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

cantseeme,
what's the status update on your project. I really like that Vinny Ten manifold..do you have anymore pics of it?
Old 02-12-07, 09:20 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dejacky
cantseeme,
what's the status update on your project. I really like that Vinny Ten manifold..do you have anymore pics of it?
Hey Jackie, Im starting to forget how it feels to drive it. I wish i could say that it has been smooth sailing......But the car still has'nt seen boost yet....The actual install of the turbo assembly was quick and smooth. It started right up and idled perfectly on X-mas day.
But ive had a series of setbacks every since I know you can relate Jackie)
wiring , my computer decided to crash the same week as i was downloading the fuel map, my battery discharged twice for reasons unknown, And i never got it to start w/ the MAP ECU, even rewiring it 10 times. So i removed it Sunday to see if that was the reason for not starting, but ...nope!
When i turn the key it cranks, but theres no spark. I do smell fuel, so there seems to be fuel delivery. But thats where im at right now.
The 1 good thing is, Ive spent more time on little details I would have bypassed. and cleaned up the overall install alot.
But f@*k this is dragging on. I still havnt found a new commute car, so ive had been taking the shame train to work...... And if you were wondering where the weirdos were...Well, I found em, on bus #26. Ive met some very <ehem> "interesting" people riding the bus .
Anyhow heres a pic of the manifold when i did the fitting (2 months ago)
Attached Thumbnails PT63 Project *Sneak Preview*-vinny10.jpg  
Old 02-12-07, 09:33 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

And heres a pic of the engine bay(Ive changed the intake piping since this pic, and cleaned it up but gives an idea)
Attached Thumbnails PT63 Project *Sneak Preview*-tinstalled2.jpg  
Old 02-13-07, 09:06 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

thanks cantseeme, that manifold is sexy! Btw, it sounds like your map-ecu is not wired correctly. Post your wiring settings and I'll see if I can help .
Old 02-13-07, 10:47 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

looks good i am curiouse about the manifold might wanan upgrade from my xs mani. btw use a generic 1 wire oxygen sensor from autozone its only like 35.00 i only use 1 and i splice together my 2 o2 sensor wires to that. saves money
Old 02-14-07, 01:34 AM
huNGjaii
Pole Position

very nice setup. sorta random question but where in California are you located? I've been doing a lot of reading/research on the NA-T route and would love to see/discuss your setup when you have finished. Whats the mileage on the motor? In the mean time keep us posted.
Old 02-21-07, 05:04 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dejacky
thanks cantseeme, that manifold is sexy! Btw, it sounds like your map-ecu is not wired correctly. Post your wiring settings and I'll see if I can help .
Hey Jacky I went straight down the troubleshooting checklist in the FSM last week. And my ignition coil was bad. My wiring was also wrong too.
I had wired it according to the diagram posted on Na-tforums by Soarerflame. http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showt...=mapecu+wiring .
But i redid the wiring again last night , and was able to read the map i had stored on it before. But i had been trying to do tune it in the followme mode. So it was all over the place. So i was wanting to just start over w/ a new map . But there were errors when i tried to do that. So i started to undo the connections today. Then something occured to me . It said in the post to change the green wire to blue.
But im retarded, i had only printed out the original diagram and Even though i had read that part, I hadnt!...... oh well...
I am waiting on a guage and analog wire to get here today for my LM-1 . And have a friend thats coming to check it out Friday. So im not gonna bother messing w/it til then. But thats probably been the problem all along?
Also Jacky are you still using a resistor in place of the map's intake probe? Any issues? And where in the firewall, did you route the map ecu's pressure hose?
Old 02-21-07, 05:12 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

looking good, post vids when you're done.
Old 05-04-07, 06:13 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

I was starting to think this was never gonna happen....But I finally got my SC to start and drive today for the 1st time since X-Mas ! Its still not totally driveable yet. But Its been a while since my last post in this thread. So i thought i would update it.
Basically the wiring issues have been resolved... Thanks for the help Mike (SF member-1jzpower)
Also I decided the MAPECU + a Karmen Vortex = . So i switched to an AEM-EMS. Wich has held up the project,While ive been researching how to tune it.
I still need to have it professionally tuned though. But after all the time,stress,and $ Ive put into this project I felt i deservered to at least be the first to get it to start with the AEM. Before i handed it over to a tuner.
I dont have an appt yet. Hopefully i can get that done in the next week or so though.
BTW, I have a Dave H. LSD kit i need to install also. Is there anyone else at all running on their SC?
Originally Posted by Xotic sC
looking good, post vids when you're done.
Thanks Calvin! I'll get a video after the car is tuned.