Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ Noob Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-06, 08:21 PM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should try putting in two 2zzge's side by side! 360 N/A horspower would be awesome!
Old 11-28-06, 08:26 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Yes please do a search on supraforums and clubna-t.
Old 11-28-06, 08:48 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS1.........There is 400whp of N/A power in a lighter weight motor then what is in your SC400 now...Does no one see the light and potential of this swap? ..
Old 11-29-06, 10:16 AM
SlowCoupe
Driver School Candidate

LS1 is not a drop in swap.
Old 11-29-06, 10:20 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slo86
damn noob. you suck at searching

a 1jz is 2.5liter straight six. never came in any usdm cars
you'll find them in soarers, supras, and chasers elswhere

a stock supra twin turbo engine is a 2jz-gte 3liter straight six

and engine set would consist of engine, harness and ecu. transmission may be included as well. a front clip is just the front have of the car chopped off.

the best engine swap you can get for an sc400 would be a b18c5. why would you want a 1jz those things are crap. vtec ownz

try searching on clubna-t.com you'll find a lot more answers there than you ever will on CL.
funny dude!....if I come out west I will reach out to you for some laughs
Old 11-29-06, 05:01 PM
jibbby

Originally Posted by SlowCoupe
LS1 is not a drop in swap.

Yeah, but it will however drop right in if you get the tranny to go with it too....Ls1 ECU as well...Just customize the motor mounts, tranny mounts and a have a custom driveshaft made to hook the tranny up to toyotaLexus Differential and there you go...Fit and make mods to the exhaust and your good to go if you can somehow integrate all the wiring successfully.... What motor Lexus swap is exactly a perfect drop in swap? Is there such a thing?
Old 11-29-06, 05:34 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
Yeah, but it will however drop right in if you get the tranny to go with it too....Ls1 ECU as well...Just customize the motor mounts, tranny mounts and a have a custom driveshaft made to hook the tranny up to toyotaLexus Differential and there you go...Fit and make mods to the exhaust and your good to go if you can somehow integrate all the wiring successfully.... What motor Lexus swap is exactly a perfect drop in swap? Is there such a thing?
you would have to rewire the entire car, gauges, lights, everything to make a lsx motor work...

with the 1jz, it's drop in (so long as you have the sc300/1jz motor mounts), it bolts right to the drive shaft (if you have a 400, you need a 300 drive shaft), the trans bolts right into place, and the wiring harness stays 90% the same, you have to extend it 2 feet, but once extended, everything but the tach and the water temp gauge work...
Old 11-29-06, 08:06 PM
jibbby

Yeah your right...But you still won't get half the N/A power out of the even heavier 1JZ motor now will you? Like you said wiring every thing up would be a monster of a challenge...That is what is holding me back from that swap right now...Don't think I can meet the wiring challenge head on. I fear that part of the swap...However a stand alone ECU can help matters out some, and one wire at a time for instrumentation could be possible.... Anything is possible..

Tell me would a 400whp LS1 engine with a matching corvette tranny be a riot hidden under the hood of an SC..Sneaky and powerful....Man then you can turbo, supercharge and really murder the competition, sky is the limit.....Let alone probably accomplish and go where no man has gone before.....I would love to be the first to do this swap but don't yet have the set of ***** to pull the trigger and give it a go...I am all talk...
Old 11-29-06, 10:50 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
Yeah your right...But you still won't get half the N/A power out of the even heavier 1JZ motor now will you? Like you said wiring every thing up would be a monster of a challenge...That is what is holding me back from that swap right now...Don't think I can meet the wiring challenge head on. I fear that part of the swap...However a stand alone ECU can help matters out some, and one wire at a time for instrumentation could be possible.... Anything is possible..

Tell me would a 400whp LS1 engine with a matching corvette tranny be a riot hidden under the hood of an SC..Sneaky and powerful....Man then you can turbo, supercharge and really murder the competition, sky is the limit.....Let alone probably accomplish and go where no man has gone before.....I would love to be the first to do this swap but don't yet have the set of ***** to pull the trigger and give it a go...I am all talk...
have you ever driven a turbo car? stock 1jz is 280 hp / 360 tq... and it's designed to run like that... it's a stronger block than the LS1 block as well...

the 1jz wiring is simple, extend 40 wires, thats 80 total solder connections with shrink wrap - simple...

who cares about n/a power... it's all about the power the motor makes...