Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tuning options for na-t... lets discuss

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-06, 09:05 AM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarrett H
GTE if you plan to keep making power
Na-T if 600rwhp is ok for you
Please, my car has made 570 to the wheel on pump/low boost, being an NA-T. Both motors are more than capable of producing 800 plus with the right precautions. Im not disputing the GTE is the way to be, but NA cars have quite a bit of potential.

As you can see, the NA's dont look so bad under there, providing you have the right parts. As for tuning measures, we die hard reccommend the AEM

Josh

Last edited by JoshFSM; 12-04-06 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-04-06, 12:12 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's just plain pretty-- Makes me want to get an SC300 and sell the 400...

I-6's are smoooooth too...
Old 12-04-06, 01:48 PM
nasc300
Lead Lap

If you don't want to spend the cash on an AEM, then Get the emanage ultimate. I know it has a bad rep, but IMO it works 10X better than the Map ecu, SACF or VPC plus it has timing control. It is also very simple to get it up and running safely. We have an automatic GE Supra with 880cc injectors @ 20psi running the ultimate. Once wired up all we did was input the stock injector size and the current injector size and little else. Idle quality is like stock and A/F ratios are all safe without adjustments. Fine tuning is also easy.
Old 12-04-06, 04:59 PM
Jarrett H
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshFSM
Please, my car has made 570 to the wheel on pump/low boost, being an NA-T. Both motors are more than capable of producing 800 plus with the right precautions. Im not disputing the GTE is the way to be, but NA cars have quite a bit of potential.

As you can see, the NA's dont look so bad under there, providing you have the right parts. As for tuning measures, we die hard reccommend the AEM

Josh
Built na will be fine but a non built won't last as long as a gte at that power nor will it make it as efficiently. You have to compare stock to stock or built to built. There is a huge thread in the dyno section on supra forums that Justin explained the differences with the na pistons shape and how turbos react to them. You can slap on a larger head gasket to lower the compression but it still will not be the same. I would grab the thread but supraforums is down. I was talking about doing a gte swap or slapping on a turbo to ge motor. Not building up a ge motor with aftermarket parts. The ge is almost identical to the gte with the exception of the block internals, head, and manifold.

Sexy car btw

there will always be na-t guys that swear by them.

IMO GTE with parts you have > NA-T Oil squirters anyone?!

Last edited by Jarrett H; 12-04-06 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-04-06, 05:09 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

myself and plenty of other ppl have put down a ton of power on factory na internals dome shape or not they share the same forging process as gte internals and try to tell dave h that the factory na wont hold up to big numbers for quite some time its simply the fact that not many ppl have ever pushed them that far
Old 12-04-06, 05:13 PM
Jarrett H
Rookie

Originally Posted by soarer479
myself and plenty of other ppl have put down a ton of power on factory na internals dome shape or not they share the same forging process as gte internals and try to tell dave h that the factory na wont hold up to big numbers for quite some time its simply the fact that not many ppl have ever pushed them that far
lol everyone knows ge motors can put down power....and comparing dave h's car that is a friggn race car, to slapping a turbo on a ge motor...........

Na guys are flying in!!
Old 12-04-06, 05:20 PM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

IMO GTE with parts you have > NA-T Oil squirters anyone?!
Oil squirters? You dont build too many engines eh? Typically on high HP applications, we as well as many other builders, will eliminate the oil squirters. They rob valuable oil pressure from where you need it most at high rpm's, the bearings.

Im into NA-T because it is different and a challenge. My SC is being shot for a feature in Modified Magazine this week because its an NA-T. The GTE is no joke, but people have seen it, done it, and there isnt a tremendous amount of development left. But hey, to each his own
Old 12-04-06, 05:23 PM
Jarrett H
Rookie

Oil squirters? You dont build too many engines eh? Typically on high HP applications, we as well as many other builders, will eliminate the oil squirters. They rob valuable oil pressure from where you need it most at high rpm's, the bearings.

Im into NA-T because it is different and a challenge. My SC is being shot for a feature in Modified Magazine this week because its an NA-T. The GTE is no joke, but people have seen it, done it, and there isnt a tremendous amount of development left. But hey, to each his own

ahhh thats right, remove the oil squirters. Wonder why
SP (edit) didn't remove mine when the motor was rebuilt maybe because its a street car i dunno....No i don't rebuild motors very often, but i am a certified mechanic with 3 ase's if that helps? here

NA-T's ROCK AND MAKE CRAZY POWER. All i hear is how many people make power with them yet its so different. They are awesome, crazy cool, and neato. lol im not gonna lose sleep over it. "But hey, to each his own "

Sorry SVT for the hijack

Last edited by Jarrett H; 12-04-06 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-04-06, 05:38 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

This is true but only in terms of drag only cars. Most people leave these in. There's almost no point in having a GTE block if you plan on eliminating the squirters in the first place. All my engines have Oil squirters in. Including my stroker setup.
Old 12-04-06, 06:10 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

my buddy finally got back to me today about the AEM so that is what Im going with!
Old 12-05-06, 08:46 AM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SVTdubs
my buddy finally got back to me today about the AEM so that is what Im going with!
You wont soon regret it. I personally have a great collection of 61mm and 67mm maps, most with popular fueling. Feel free to hit me up if you need something to get you cranking!

Originally Posted by TurboB6
This is true but only in terms of drag only cars. Most people leave these in. There's almost no point in having a GTE block if you plan on eliminating the squirters in the first place. All my engines have Oil squirters in. Including my stroker setup.
I am aware that most people leave them in, and they are in place on my street car. Im just making a valid point, which Jarret seems unable to comprehend.

NA-T's ROCK AND MAKE CRAZY POWER. All i hear is how many people make power with them yet its so different. They are awesome, crazy cool, and neato. lol im not gonna lose sleep over it. "But hey, to each his own "
Eloquent response Id be willing to bet my lil ole stock block NA car would show you its tail lights all day long This thread was about NA tuning options, no? just out of curiosity did you BUILD or BUY your car?