Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How can i get more Hp for less $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07, 10:23 AM
TreyGSR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no need to be insecure no one said you were a brat...lol
Old 01-09-07, 10:31 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
Fast and cheap won't be reliable.
Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
And fast and reliable won't be cheap
this might be your only option here
Old 01-09-07, 10:47 AM
erollinc
Driver

nitrous is your only cheap option.... considering hte amount of money you probly put into that riced out civic you could supercharge teh sc...... you already half screwed up since there is no easy way to turbo the 4.0 (straight up custom) .... but you just need to save up and do it right
Old 01-09-07, 12:04 PM
92S0ARER
Driver School Candidate

Red face

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
hey, i also am in Vegas... what part of town are you in?

I work for Ted Wiens Tire/Auto, so if you need work done, let me know, I'll see what I can do...

Also, there is nothing cheap about these cars... on a budget, a good, custom exhaust would be great, and within a couple months, I will have a welder, and might be making some myself, I'll keep you updated on that...

other than intake / exhaust, nothing is cheap... to get major power out of these cars, a turbo kit (I am still contemplating on fabbing one up myself), or a 1jz swap are your only real options... a supercharger kit is $5k plus, which to me is super expensive...

haha yeah man, keep me posted im definatly interested haha. Its nicer when i spend cash buying parts and getting them installed with people who are as much interested in the car as i am. Not like those expensive places who care about money. Man, nos? haha i dont wanna blow my engine.

I also have to say, im not going to "rice out" the SC haha. I understand its a Luxury sport but im most likely just going to change the kits, lower, and get new rims. Thats on the exterior, but on the inside, i want to atleast have a comfortable amount of HP so that those annoying street racers with little civics can get their egos shot down haha. I actualy saw a universal turbo kit and it says it fits a lexus sc400 for $1099 BUT im wondering if ill have to do custom work to put it in. I know turbos are possible but then again, i dont have much money to work with.

But for now, its gonna be my baby soarer hahaha.

Ive seen TTsc400's eat up TT mkIV supras before on youtube... Is this really possible? I mean i know supras only V6 but SC400 is kinda heavy...
Old 01-09-07, 12:10 PM
Streamline
Pole Position

Supras are inline 6, as are the SC300.
Old 01-09-07, 12:13 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 92S0ARER
haha yeah man, keep me posted im definatly interested haha. Its nicer when i spend cash buying parts and getting them installed with people who are as much interested in the car as i am. Not like those expensive places who care about money. Man, nos? haha i dont wanna blow my engine.

I also have to say, im not going to "rice out" the SC haha. I understand its a Luxury sport but im most likely just going to change the kits, lower, and get new rims. Thats on the exterior, but on the inside, i want to atleast have a comfortable amount of HP so that those annoying street racers with little civics can get their egos shot down haha. I actualy saw a universal turbo kit and it says it fits a lexus sc400 for $1099 BUT im wondering if ill have to do custom work to put it in. I know turbos are possible but then again, i dont have much money to work with.

Ive seen TTsc400's eat up TT mkIV supras before on youtube... Is this really possible? I mean i know supras only V6 but SC400 is kinda heavy...
Links please.....
Old 01-09-07, 12:14 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The weight differential is very close (pretty sure the 1UZ actaully weighs less than a 2JZ). But, the 2JZ and 1JZ are near indestructable, so guys can run 3+ BAR to them and they still live. I know of no one that has boosted that high on the 1UZ. I believe the highest I've seen (rwhp-wise) on the 1UZ is Bob & Chrisman's TT 1UZ at roughly 550hp and some aussie guys that have it a little higher. Don't think that can compare with 1000 rwhp 2J.

Oh, and a Supra is an I6, not a V6
Old 01-09-07, 12:20 PM
92S0ARER
Driver School Candidate

i forgot the link because i was searching street racing, and theres like 4939748 vids. All i remember was it was a team, and there was an IS300 with turbo that beat a mercedes benz E55 that had i think 457horse power. And in that video a turbo civic hatchback beat a stock corvette zo6
Old 01-09-07, 12:26 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

..... learn to control your new found 220hp sc400 before you start driving a 600 hp weapon you might go into a crowd of kids...
Old 01-09-07, 12:36 PM
92S0ARER
Driver School Candidate

220hp? i thought the sc400 was 255hp stock? Ive been driving this for 7 months already and i think im used to it.
Old 01-09-07, 12:40 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Ummm...dont u drive a "little civic"? Yes tt400 can be quick but definately not quicker than a built 2j. I would say your best bet is to save up all your money and just spend it on a 1jz swap. You can find a 1jz for close to 1500 bucks and a stock 1jz will easy destroy any street racing punk out there.
Old 01-09-07, 12:41 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

220hp? i thought the sc400 was 255hp stock? Ive been driving this for 7 months already and i think im used to it.
its 250 hp .and if i was you i would never mention your civic here again .thats the worst thing you could have done .mixing lexus and hondas is a big no no
Old 01-09-07, 01:35 PM
insomniac
Lead Lap

get rid of the bra.
dragon torque converter on l-tunedparts.com
40-50 hp to the rear wheels for 700 bucks
Old 01-09-07, 01:41 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

^^ with a $500 nitrous kit he could have 100+hp. Double the hp for less money
Old 01-09-07, 01:55 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rated at 250 from the factory, but general consensus is that it was overrated and made closer to 225hp.

Quick Reply: How can i get more Hp for less $$$$