Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-01, 07:13 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SC400 Throttle Body

Has anyone taken the throttle body off the SC400?
I know how to take everything off until the two hoses at the bottom of the throttle body. The space there is too tight to loosen the clamp to pull the body off.
What tools did you used to loosen the clamps and how did you put the clamps back when you re-install the throttle body?

Thanks in Advance
Old 11-08-01, 09:20 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SC3 has hoses just like that, they're coolant hoses. What a PAIN in the butt they were. I just used two clamps, and clamped off the hoses as close to the throttlebody as I could (so they wouldnt leak much)

THen I just pulled on the throttlebody REAL hard and the hoses popped off, spilling out a little coolant. To put them back on, I moved the clamps down then slid the TB back on, the hoses should go on easy without the clamps holding.

Then I used two flathead screwdrivers, and worked for about 1/2hour to slowly get the clamp moved back into place....ugh There must be as easier way, but I couldn't figure it out!!

SR
Old 11-08-01, 10:43 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by CmputerWiz
The SC3 has hoses just like that, they're coolant hoses. What a PAIN in the butt they were. I just used two clamps, and clamped off the hoses as close to the throttlebody as I could (so they wouldnt leak much)

THen I just pulled on the throttlebody REAL hard and the hoses popped off, spilling out a little coolant. To put them back on, I moved the clamps down then slid the TB back on, the hoses should go on easy without the clamps holding.

Then I used two flathead screwdrivers, and worked for about 1/2hour to slowly get the clamp moved back into place....ugh There must be as easier way, but I couldn't figure it out!!

SR
Thanks for response Wiz,

Two hours to get it in . At least you got it out. I tried for about an hour to get the bottom hoses off but I couldn't. Then I gave up and put everything back . I was afraid that I couldn't put the throttle body back at all.

Now that I know it will take a long time to play with this. I will have to start very early in the morning so that I can put eveything back by the end of the day.