Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New Tune ... Need New Management....sc31jz

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-07 | 07:43 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shern
Check out the new MAP-ECU 2. I've started a discussion about it. Who's going to be the first to bite?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=262086

Steve
map-ecu 2 will benefit 2jz-gte cars more than our NA-T 2jz-ge turbo'd cars. Just like map-ecu 1, it's designed for hotwire cars, not obd I karmen vortex 2jz-ge cars.
Old 01-30-07 | 07:53 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

I have a 1jz and would like to go with AEM. Would like to know what i need to make it work.
Old 01-30-07 | 09:14 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LSEGHATCH
I have a 1jz and would like to go with AEM. Would like to know what i need to make it work.
Several persons are successfully using AEM EMS for the 2JZ-GTE cars on 1JZ-GTE engines succesfully. (check www.supraforums.com and www.clubna-t.com)
Old 01-30-07 | 09:39 PM
Sc400Red95
Driver

Originally Posted by LSEGHATCH
The AEM is a great product. Customer Service seriously sucks. The only problem i have with this EMS is that, the start up map seriously lags. You honesty have to wait an extra 10-20 seconds for the car to start up. Everytime you turn the key you have to wait and hold it on start. Now If your going to race this car then the AEM is a great EMS. But for a daily driven car i would stay away. There is a seriously cheaper alternative to EMS out there. Search for Microtech ( i believe the name is),It's pretty much a blank EEPROM board you can program to whatever settings you want. You can find them blank that you have to build for about 150. But if you want something off the shelf. I would suggest getting the Emanage Chrome. It has a setting for base maps that you can tune from. It lets you choose which motor you have, blah blah blah. For simplicity I would go with GReddy Chrome.
Old 01-31-07 | 12:25 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sc400Red95
The AEM is a great product. Customer Service seriously sucks...You honesty have to wait an extra 10-20 seconds for the car to start up. Everytime you turn the key you have to wait and hold it on start.
This is not true. Using the 3.5 bar map sensor will help you greatly in this regard. I've personally witnessed a Justin Nenni aem ems tuned 2jz-ge na-t supra consistently start-up just like stock...i.e. very fast.
Old 01-31-07 | 09:21 AM
Sc400Red95
Driver

well that would make sense in. Everytime i used the EMS from AEM I always used a stock or near stock map sensor. But in my Supra i have a 5bar map sensor...But i haven't fired it up with it or the EMS in. Well i retract my previous statement. Thanks for pointing that out Dejacky
Old 01-31-07 | 09:49 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5spdSC300
No it will not auto-retard timing but with the commander, you can see you knock levels in real time. I know its not the same and not nearly as good as having the computer auto-retard timing during detection of knock but being able to monitor it is better than nothing. fwiw, Geoff at full race has had some really good results with the power fc.
This is just what I needed to know and now I'm considering Power FC . Which model number Apexi Power FC plugs into our 2JZ-GE harness?

Last edited by dejacky; 01-31-07 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-31-07 | 08:13 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

Well after reading the second to last issue of DSport, which had a feature of the 07' piggy backs, I have come to a fork in the road.

Weather I want to go full stand alone or piggy back management. I am now looking at the AEM FI/C (?) or the , yes I know I'm going back on my word, Greddy E-Manage Ultimate.

DSport claims the Greddy unit to be right below the standalone units in it's ability to do almost the same as a piggy back. That really intrigues me since I am looking for that. Now when you guys referred to the "E-Manage Chrome", were you referring to the Ultimate due to it's chrome housing?
Old 02-01-07 | 04:55 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

dejacky: That is a really good question. I don't think i've ever seen a na-t running a power fc. Going with the power fc has crossed my mind but the lack of support is what pushes me away.

LSEGHATCH: On paper, the greddy emu looks awesome. When it first came out, i was fairly positive that this was the piggyback for me. It's been a good couple years now since it came out and i still can't find one usdm supra successfully running one . When it comes to more complex piggybacks like this, i always wait to see some results instead of being the guinea pig. I also like to see how support is from the manufacture and also from end users. This product falls very short in that category. No i haven't had first hand experience with the emu but im not going to invest in a piggyback that might not work 100%. There is a long thread on the supraforums about the greddy emu and i still periodically check for updates in hopes that someone has all the bugs worked out. The UK guys are having better results but they are running the emu on jspec cars which is already map based.
Old 02-01-07 | 05:11 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 5spdSC300

LSEGHATCH: On paper, the greddy emu looks awesome. When it first came out, i was fairly positive that this was the piggyback for me. It's been a good couple years now since it came out and i still can't find one usdm supra successfully running one . When it comes to more complex piggybacks like this, i always wait to see some results instead of being the guinea pig. I also like to see how support is from the manufacture and also from end users. This product falls very short in that category. No i haven't had first hand experience with the emu but im not going to invest in a piggyback that might not work 100%. There is a long thread on the supraforums about the greddy emu and i still periodically check for updates in hopes that someone has all the bugs worked out. The UK guys are having better results but they are running the emu on jspec cars which is already map based.
Great quote! USDM 2JZs are Karman based and the 1JZs are map based. The EMB/EMU would be better suited for the 1JZs needs if you choose to go in this direction.
Old 02-01-07 | 06:04 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Amen Todd.
Old 02-01-07 | 07:45 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

Yeah so when users refer to E-Manage Chrome, is that the Ultimate due to it's chrome case? I think I will go this route.
Old 02-04-07 | 08:55 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

Threads not dead yet, I really need some help with choosing the right management. Open ears to all.