Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Specific 2jzgte questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-07, 07:16 PM
sc300gte
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specific 2jzgte questions

I have been browsing the forums for the past couple days, and yes this is my first post. You all know how noobs are, and I'm sure I am not much different considering I don't know much about the chasis, or the motor. My questions lie specifically with the 2jzgte swaps in the sc300 chasis.

Question 1: My car is one of the few manual transmission sc300's. Most of the swaps i see for sale on ebay, etc come with the automatic transmission. Do I have to purchase a manual transmission ecu if i decide to use my current transmission? Is the wiring harness different from automatics to manuals? I realize that there is a manual that describes the entire swap, and do plan to purchase one, but i'd like to get these initial questions out of the way before i buy anything.

Question 2: Ebay seems to have quite a few swaps for sale. Which car is best to get the swap out of? It seems the Aristo, and the Supra are the options? Do you recommend a vvti swap (my car is a 92)?

Question 3: Is there a better place to purchase the swap than ebay? Usually ebay has good deals, but not the best. Are there any places (I've seen Canada mentioned in some posts) to get the swaps for a better deal than ebay?

Question 4: Is there anyone that would like to specifically help me with these questions VIA PM or AIM?

Anyways, my flame suit is securely zipped up.
Old 01-30-07, 08:41 PM
TT6SPDSC
Pole Position

ECU:
The auto ones will pull timing at shift points. They will still work ok with a manual trans car, but it would be better to have one from a car with a manual. There's always the standalone option as well.

Wiring:
There will be quite a bit or work involved in making a RHD harness work on a LHD car. Seeing as how you can buy new and used US/LHD harnesses at will I'd reccomend just picking one up.

Donor Car:
The best donor would be a Supra. An Aristo engine will require a lot of parts to be changed. Oil pan, water pump, cooling fan, etc...

VVTI:
KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. Non VVTI will be easiest in the long run.

Where to buy:
Jarco is always the top dog. They are very particular about what they buy and have an excellent reputation. They also charge more in most cases. There are other good distributors, and bad ones too. Most of the major distributors are on ebay anyway, so no reason to avoid ebay. Just make sure to check feedback and make sure that you get a good feel for the seller. Out of country purchases are always a risk, so be sure the seller is legit.

There are tons more info on this board about this swap. SEARCH.
Old 01-31-07, 01:52 PM
play123boi
Pole Position

Dude pretty much everything you have asked about is in the search so I hope that flame suit is pretty retardant
Old 02-01-07, 10:16 AM
2Jayzee
Driver School Candidate

So search for the aristo's third plug wiring to sc300 and see what you get thats where Im at and when Im done I will write it up well in detail for you all.... PROMISE...