Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

the hell with 400whp ! im changing the setup again !

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-07, 08:51 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5spdSC300
Wouldn't it be easier and probably cheaper to just pick up a TT block? You get the turbo pistons and once you go with the tt headgasket you'll have the same compression as the gte. Just slap the na head with all your goodies and your good to go.

i agree with your statement here, but that defeats my purpose here. i want to see what the STOCK limits are on the na motor, not lets install oil squirters and other stuff. i want to prove what we all can do on stock 100k mile motors that we find on our used cars.

build is coming along nicely fmic is going to be here this week, fuel system will be here, along with the tt style intake manifold. its all coming together nicely.
Old 03-26-07, 11:14 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if youre building a 1000hp monster.... daily driving at 500hp is gonna feel like a slug.... the large turbos made to push 1000hp is way out of efficiency when you run low boost and make 500... dont get me wrong youll make 500 but the other 500hp cars running 61-67mm turbos will have a powerband that you cant keep up with... until you turn up the boost again and have that c16 with you along with some tires that can hold that

to me i think its pointless. i mean its cool to have 1000hp but if rather have around 600 with nice power delivery
Old 03-27-07, 12:38 AM
shwnalan
Driver School Candidate

i think it's nice to see someone actually try to test the limits of the block. me personally, if you can pull off 700 or so with it, there wouldn't be a point to upgrade the internals on a street car. keep us posted!
Old 03-27-07, 04:40 AM
Psionic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by booja
if youre building a 1000hp monster.... daily driving at 500hp is gonna feel like a slug.... the large turbos made to push 1000hp is way out of efficiency when you run low boost and make 500... dont get me wrong youll make 500 but the other 500hp cars running 61-67mm turbos will have a powerband that you cant keep up with... until you turn up the boost again and have that c16 with you along with some tires that can hold that

to me i think its pointless. i mean its cool to have 1000hp but if rather have around 600 with nice power delivery
He is testing the limits of the stock block. I dont think he cares about a power curve.
Old 03-27-07, 09:14 AM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 5spdSC300
Wouldn't it be easier and probably cheaper to just pick up a TT block? You get the turbo pistons and once you go with the tt headgasket you'll have the same compression as the gte. Just slap the na head with all your goodies and your good to go.
Yea esier but not cheaper i have a spare ge motor and can do all the work myself so i would save the cash. how much do tt blocks usually run for?
Old 03-27-07, 09:15 AM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bens sc
i agree with your statement here, but that defeats my purpose here. i want to see what the STOCK limits are on the na motor, not lets install oil squirters and other stuff. i want to prove what we all can do on stock 100k mile motors that we find on our used cars.

build is coming along nicely fmic is going to be here this week, fuel system will be here, along with the tt style intake manifold. its all coming together nicely.

Cool good to hear i wanna see how it turns out
Old 03-28-07, 08:00 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

ok fellas more stuff showed up today, fmic good for 850 rwhp with piping and couplers. also got my fuel pressure regulator. im expecting more parts shortly. if you guys need stuff deal with kevin at mvp he really has been helpfull on my build. also got my clutch fork for my 6 speed today from obiwan on the supra forums, gotta be able to use the clutch !

here are some pics

Old 04-03-07, 09:26 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

ok fellas update!

ordered the flywheel and rps clutch for the v160 6 speed and the hks race (non ssqv) bov today.front half of the motor is together, ordered the gs400 rear diff for the gearing needed for the 6 speed trans also. im almost complete, need to clock the turbo on the manifold to make it clear the distributor. got the #6 fuel lines and fittings in also. there are tons of things still need to be done but its coming along well.

any questions?
Old 04-04-07, 11:05 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

dont forget the c16 race gas ben!!! let us know when she runs we are gonna go to irwindale buddy
Old 04-04-07, 12:14 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by bens sc
ok fellas update!

ordered the flywheel and rps clutch for the v160 6 speed and the hks race (non ssqv) bov today.front half of the motor is together, ordered the gs400 rear diff for the gearing needed for the 6 speed trans also. im almost complete, need to clock the turbo on the manifold to make it clear the distributor. got the #6 fuel lines and fittings in also. there are tons of things still need to be done but its coming along well.

any questions?
Nice can't wait to see the numbers and stuff.
Old 04-04-07, 04:30 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sc dRifta
dont forget the c16 race gas ben!!! let us know when she runs we are gonna go to irwindale buddy

no prob i will .
Old 04-04-07, 04:31 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cherplex
Nice can't wait to see the numbers and stuff.
that makes two of us.
Old 04-06-07, 09:44 AM
Stangboy
Driver School Candidate

Great info....
Old 04-06-07, 06:54 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Hell ya man, It looks like it is coming together quite nicely. I cant wait for the numbers out of this.
Old 04-12-07, 06:25 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

ok the crappy part of the build has just happened. in the beginning i wanted to try and mod a ebay intake manifold and add a hks 50mm waste gate to it. so i ordered a weld on adapter plate, etc etc. well, that all hasnt worked out very well. quality of the metal was thin, where the turbo mounted was sitting to close to the dizzy, even with a weld on plate moved around, and because of the weld on plate the flow from the runners was kinda blocked off. then after all that it didnt quite fit right. the wg was to far down and kinda close to the frame rail, etc etc. the way the runners were done it pushed the turbo to far back and posed a problem when making the down pipe. so i said SCREW IT !!!!!! i called kevin at mvp, ordered a exhaust manifold, and new tial waste gate (tial is a BIT more compact). also boost logic says a t76 will fit on the manifold and clear the distributor, so, wednesday of next week i will have both and be back on track for gettin the car up and running.

geez what a pain in the ***. thank god for kevins help.

Quick Reply: the hell with 400whp ! im changing the setup again !