Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is NOS harmful? And how much can my SC handle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-02, 10:30 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SSs aren't any faster than the Z28s

If you aren't going to run a bottle, you've got a bit of tuning and modding to do I'd say

the 2002 Z28s weigh around 3300lbs and consistently dyno around 315rwhp... they've got the new Z06 intake manifold and the Z06 throttle body... plus a couple other goodies; and rumors of the Z06 bottom end which is all forged

though the SS automatics are usually faster than the Z28 automatics as the SS includes the 3.23 rear-diff ratio and on the Z28 its a 2.73 with a 3.23 option; and that option is kind of uncommon with the Z28s that i've seen...

340-350rwhp would do it for ya A bottle would definitely or a supercharger
Old 01-04-02, 04:27 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bean, I think we finally agree, those last two points you made are very accurate. Anyway, SC300TURBO has talked me into building a 2JZ car, so i'll probably keep the SC4 and juice it for the street, and build a serious SC3 in 2003, maybe sooner if I stumble across something. In the meantime, i'll see how well I can get the 1UZ to run.
Old 01-06-02, 02:19 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

uh oh better watch it, another turbo sc3 will be loose

Y'know, I thought of something totally crazy and ****ed up... the BIGGEST thing I respect about domestic cars, is their drag racing suspension setup...

wouldn't it be sweet, to put a TT 1uz into something with a nice drag setup; or at least an aftermarket for it? a Mach1 mustang or something like that would be a nice ride...

My dad was telling me all about it; he says that from 66-72 or so; the cars were basically the same exact frame; they had just different body panels n stuff... excluding the convertibles of course..
what would be really sweet is to drop a badss 1uz into one of those cars with a 4link and ford 9" built rear and a totally built automatic tranny with a high stall...
and then swap the bodypanels for fiberglass ones; or hell you can do it yourself easily enough. Imagine having a 2600lb car with that kind of power and a drag racing suspension to boot
Old 01-07-02, 05:44 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a '67 Mustang Coupe in metallic Blue with a 289 K-Code motor and a c4 auto, plus a full Shelby conversion w/ Cobra Jet hood. I liked it, and made good money on it, but I was absolutely overpowering the suspension and brakes with that little 4.9 Ford, the whole car would have to be reworked, i'd rather build a 460 big block for that, cheap and easy to get, and loads of torque. I also built up a GT conv't with a rippin' carbureted 302, lotsa gear, real trick suspension, custom leather, and a butt-ugly paint job (they said, trust us, it'll look real trick, turned out like a bowling ball, lol). Helped a friend build up a Capri, '90 GT conversion, and we dropped in a destroked 400 Chevy small block (377c.i.) with fuelie heads and a built TH400. Man, that thing loved to rev, we entered it in the Super Chevy Show at Englishtown just to be different, the only Ford product there, but we were Chevy powered, hehe, they had to let us run. A fridge White GT with a big red bowtie on the hood, lol, and it yanked the wheels on it's first pass, that's when everyone stopped talking trash. I'll post pics sometime. All in all, i'd rather drop a TT 1UZ into a tube frame car, now we're talkin'......
Attached Thumbnails Is NOS harmful? And how much can my SC handle?-compressed-stang-86.jpg