Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1500cc injectors...how to make work? :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-01, 09:47 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1500cc injectors...how to make work? :)

Aiight. So say I have a set of 1500cc injectors. I don't think the Haltech controls injectors that large...and Lance wasn't around to ask.

Anyone here know? I know simple stuff like VPC and those things won't work...how would I use them? These would be all I need to get over 1000hp....no additionals. Much easier!

SR
Old 11-14-01, 10:46 AM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Those are big *** injectors. If you installed them in the factory 6 loactions, you have a hard time getting it to idle right, since at even the tiniest pulsewidth you'd be dumping in silly huge buckets of fuel. In theory you could use a variable rate fuel pressure regulator to dial the pressure back far enough at idle to dramatically lessen the delivery, but then you would have the problem of a ****ty spray pattern. You could install them as staged secondaries. Little ones in the factory locations for idle and low output situations, then bring the big ones online at a certain load/RPM in conjunction with the primaries. But its veeery tricky to get a smooth transition from single to double, and I don't know if Haltecs handle staged injection for 12 injectors. I know they handle staged injecton for 4 on rotaries.
Old 11-14-01, 11:06 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

I could put like maybe 4 of them, and mount them in the intake where it splits into two parts (two in each). That would allow for an equal amount of extra fuel to be sprayed into each cylinder. Hmmm...

Then I'd have the standard 330's to idle fine, and still have a ton of extra fuel leftover. Hmm...wonder how I could feed the 4 extras with fuel. :/

SR
Old 11-14-01, 11:34 AM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

I've seen some setups that use just a goofy hose attached to the "input" of each injector, but those require some serious bosses on the manifold to hold the injector put. I've also seen other setups with custom fuel rails. Although, I think you can buy fuel rail "bar", then drill holes to place the injectors, and the two ends are open for fittings/regulators.
Old 11-14-01, 11:53 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Ya I've got a single 550 injector on the intake pipe, and it has a hose connected to it, and it's spliced on the fuel feed from the pump.

So if I went goofy and just connected them all with hose, I guess they'd be running at whatever pressure the fuel pump was pushing. Would this be bad? Never tried a custom setup like this...

SR
Old 11-14-01, 01:53 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, a set of 6 1500s? thats an ENORMOUS amount of fuel...

That's enough fuel for at least 1500hp, there's no Supra on the planet with the 2jz making that much power...

1500s are really too big for anything... If you used the stock intake manifold and had 2 1500s, one for each side where it splits; then used them as additionals; it would prolly work

1 1500 injector flows almost as much fuel as your entire stock fuel system dude... now multiply that by 6!!!

RX7s have 1600 injectors usable for them, but its only 2... not 6... and 2 secondary 1600s are enough for over 500rwhp on an RX-7

Havefun
Old 11-14-01, 02:02 PM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

Originally posted by CmputerWiz
So if I went goofy and just connected them all with hose, I guess they'd be running at whatever pressure the fuel pump was pushing. Would this be bad? Never tried a custom setup like this...

SR
It would be OK if the pump flows enough fuel volume for that much injection at x pressure. You also need to be sure your lines from the pump are adequately sized to deliver what the pump can put out. They probably are....but then again you're talking 6 1500cc injectors.
Old 11-14-01, 06:29 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Are you serious about this? I would buy something better than Haltech if you want to run that much fuel. My new setup is actually going to be either 6 1200cc or 6 1300cc injectors, but 1500cc's is crazy!

-Ethan
Old 11-14-01, 07:42 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Well I can get them for an AWESOME price.

What should I get that would be better than the Haltech? And would it be able to make the car idle? lol

SR
Old 11-14-01, 07:54 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Ethan, what turbo are you going to run to even use 1200cc injectors? Surely the SP63 won't flow nearly enough.... Of course, knowing you, you'll probably be trying to run a pair of SP66s at 11k rpm on the 2JZ with 200shot NOS....
Old 11-15-01, 06:48 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

only thing better than a Haltech is a Motec

no point in gettings 1500s... i'd get 1200s or 1000s if you're wanting to achieve a 1000hp goal
Old 11-15-01, 07:09 PM
NoLongerA13bFan
Lead Lap

my rx7 had (2)1600cc injectors running off a haltech, i dont see why it wouldnt run 6 of them.
Old 11-20-01, 07:24 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

only thing better than a Haltech is a Motec
Well, IMHO Haltech sucks (sorry to anyone who had one) unless you option it out with wideband O2, and by that time you could have just bought a Speed Pro w/ wideband and completely self correcting per weather, altitude, etc., etc.

On the dyno my A/F ratio was DEAD FLAT all the way across at 12:1, without so much as a hickup. For $2500 it is UNTOUCHABLE. The haltech does no correcting of its own, and is 100x harder to program/tune. With the speedpro you just get close to what you want, tell it what A/F ratio you want, and it corrects for you. As far as getting it to idle, good luck We still aren't sure if mine is going to idle.

As far as what turbo I am going for, let's just say it is a LOT bigger than an SP63. Keep an eye out, because I will post when it is done

-Ethan
Old 11-21-01, 04:22 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

And does that 2500 include everything, all sensors, etc? I'm guessing installation is the same as the Haltech. What do I have to do different to change injectors with the speedpro system...just change it in the software, or a chip?

And can it do stuff like timed N2O delivery, multiple revlimiters, etc?

Thanks in advance!!
SR
Old 11-21-01, 06:22 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CmputerWiz
And does that 2500 include everything, all sensors, etc? I'm guessing installation is the same as the Haltech. What do I have to do different to change injectors with the speedpro system...just change it in the software, or a chip?

And can it do stuff like timed N2O delivery, multiple revlimiters, etc?

Thanks in advance!!
SR
If I remember correctly that was with EVERYTHING. It does do nitrous control. As far as swapping out injectors you just change some parameters in the laptop to make it run right with the larger injectors. On the rev limiter I really don't know, because we just used my MSD ignition for the rev limiter. You should email Larry at SP about it if you have questions, he knows a lot more about it than me His email is xxsupraxx@aol.com and put Speed Pro in the topic.

-Ethan

Quick Reply: 1500cc injectors...how to make work? :)