Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Centerforce Clutches

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-07, 08:51 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Centerforce Clutches

My clutch just fully went out on my SC. I could barely get it up my inclined driveway. Anyway I am planning on changing the clutch out soon. I just put in a Centerforce Stage 2 clutch into my little brother's SC. It performs like a champ. He even gets it to chirp 3rd gear sometimes. The only thing I do not like about it is that it doesnt come with the throwout bearing but thats no biggie.

I am planning on replacing my clutch with the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. Ive been feeling a little iffy about it though. People are all of a sudden telling me that they are low quality and Ive been reading some posts here on CL that they dont really last that long even though the company says they do. I am starting this thread so that people can post their thoughts on this clutch.

Please post:
-What type of Centerforce clutch you used
-Estimated HP/TQ
-Good or bad experiences with clutch
Old 03-25-07, 11:17 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

centorforcfe dual friction the part number is the same as a tacoma for some reason lol DF522018 6 puck on one side and full face on the other. best bang for the buck
Old 03-25-07, 03:36 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would recommend a competition clutch over anything else out there when it comes to street driven single disk clutches. how much horsepower do you need it to hold? I just put a stage 2 in my daily driven sc with a couple of all motor bolt ons and its very nice and holds well. then i have a the iron man in my soarer which is their top of the line single disk clutch and it holds amazing a bit of a pain on the street though.

EDIT also come with pilot bearing , throw out bearing and alignment tool
Old 03-25-07, 07:06 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

I have a stock SC300 with the dual friction. feels just like the stock but I can have fun with it when i want to.
Old 03-25-07, 07:15 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a Centerforce in my 4Runner and have had one in a Prelude I used to own. I like them because they drive almost like stock, but when you have some RPM's up, they bite pretty hard when you need them too. Never had any problems with either. My 4Runner gets beat pretty hard on the trails, lots of clutch use. I've got about 40k on it so far and it's fine.
Old 03-25-07, 08:35 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Well, according to the product description it was designed to have a lighter pedal feel so you can confortably drive it on the streets without having that super hard pedal feel. The Stage 2 has that hard pedal feel but not too hard. It grabs like a champ. Great clutch for the price.