Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help with 1jz harness into manual sc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-07, 06:06 AM
dynotuned
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 1jz harness into manual sc3

i have this harness here that came with the motor and the ecu... which has 4 plugs to it looking like these...

The vehicle is already a manual and the harness I believe I have is from the auto soarer... hopefully somebody knows and can help me out. I am pretty sure this harness is unusable as it doesn't match up to any of the interior plugs. here is another picture of the 4 other plugs on the harness.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-07, 06:23 AM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

those arent the body plugs?

isnt that the group of plus circled and say extend? if you didnt extend your harness you wont see where they go in the engine bay. they plug on the right side of the footwell next to the ecu
Old 03-29-07, 11:43 AM
dynotuned
Driver School Candidate

these are the plugs your refering to i'd assume...

The harness I am working with doesn't have the plugs for that. They aren't even close to the same... here is the comparison in harness plugs. Now keep in mind, this was thought to be an automatic soarer harness when we got it.

1JZ harness:

Manual SC300 Harness:

This is where I seem to have been mistaken, I was under the impression that this was a direct plug in swap... which in this case would be much more sever than that. I believe my only other alternative for the situation is to go to a completely different ECU and Engine harness from the correct Chassis. If anybody either knows where I can source this quickly please let me know, or if you know of an easy solution please let me know. Email me at cmiller@dynotuned.com if you want.

Heres a pic of the chassis plugs from the manual sc harness compared to the 1jz harness that I have if it helps anybody. Thanks again.

Extra Chassis plugs on SC harness:

Chassis plugs 1jz
Old 03-29-07, 07:09 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

are you sure you know what car your motor came out of? mine came out of a chaser. it had a front sump oil pan setup. anyway none of the body plugs on the harness of the new motor matched up to my car, so i just had to find where the neutral safety wires were and several power wires. i also had to make my own harness for the accessories ie alternator, a/c, heater vsv, alarm horn, power steering, ect...... using my old sc300 harness. get me some more pics an i can compare them to my setup. if you have an engine from a supra there's plenty of wiring diagrams out there. unfortunatly for me, i searched long and hard, european forums, aussie forums ect.... toymods.net is a real good forum for toyota stuff.
Old 04-08-07, 05:54 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

i ahve a question if you get an engien from a soarer, all you ave to do is extend those 4 body plugs and thats it? will all other connectors match up? will everything else plug in like the fuse box and all of that? there is no need to swap connectors if you ahve a wiring harness from a soarer correct?
Old 04-08-07, 06:17 PM
armyastro
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

the plugs on your soarer harness are different than the one i just bought try to find the right harness and it will all match up... you also have to move one pin on the white body plug to the orange body plug should be the blue/yellow one.. for check engine light and diagnostics
Old 04-09-07, 11:53 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Those plugs look like a cresta set up .
Old 04-09-07, 12:23 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

do the plugs on the fuse box match up when doing the 1JZ swap? off the subject does anyone know where you can buy a full engine gasket kit for the 1JZ?
Old 04-09-07, 02:42 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

i found this picture on clunna-t and for some reason this guys is extending the wires at a different spot. looks like he is doing the ecu wires not the body plugs.
Old 04-09-07, 03:23 PM
armyastro
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
i found this picture on clunna-t and for some reason this guys is extending the wires at a different spot. looks like he is doing the ecu wires not the body plugs.
lol i did all the wires too... right behind the intake mani is where i started