Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hesitation when rev, feels like a 'dragster' lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 01:22 AM
acenase
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation when rev, feels like a 'dragster' lol

alright this has been bugging me lately but whenever I SLIGHTLY rev the car (sitting inside) the whole car shakes, especially the steering wheel shakes vigorously like my car is some dragster race car... I also feel the hesitation just sitting down. I was told that it's supposed to be very smooth and you shouldn't feel much of anything on small revs (I was revving about to 2-3K and letting off, then thats when I felt all the hesitation when I let off the gas pedal).

I'm not sure what the fix is for this but I'm guessing it might have something to do with the Engine mount? Also, just another pet peeve is when I'm just driving whenever I step on the gas peddle and I immediately lift my foot off, I hear this very loud "THONK...." so I step on the gas peddle accelerate a little bit and I let off... THONK... What is this?? Thanks for any help guys! BTW My vehicle is a 1993 Lexus SC400.
Old 04-13-07, 09:41 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

the thonk could be your trottle body.. the butterfly closing. but im not sure its THAT loud.

as for the reving part. im having the same problem as well. only at 2k tho. if i rev at 2k the car would start shaking.. steering wheel shakes like mad.. you just hear the whole car shake. but if i go higher everything is fiine.. maybe the engine is resonating the interior? O_O'' who knows..

hopefully someone can help!
Old 04-13-07, 11:36 AM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your transmission mount is probably gone, and if that's gone I'd guess your engine mounts could use replacing too. Engine mounts might be a little complicated to get in there and fix without some kind of engine lift, not sure though. You should be able to get the tranny mount done yourself if you're a diy'er and you have a jack to support the tranny's weight.
Old 04-13-07, 06:49 PM
JtWo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your car bogging? if it is check your plugs, wires, etc.
Old 04-13-07, 06:53 PM
aaronjz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i have the same issue and i have a sc300. i change my transmission mount and its still there so the engine mounts are next it coming maybe tomorrow . ill let u guys know if this does it