Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-01, 12:51 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BFH?.....and auto rear is limited slip.<torsen>
Old 12-27-01, 01:00 PM
Rob_O
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
BFH?
Big *****ing Hammer. Also know as the universal domestic car tool

Rob_O
Old 12-27-01, 02:36 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Jeff, c'mon, I know you've used the BFH on occasion. Where I come from, it's not a hammer, it's the big f@cking HIT, that stray braided line running into the trunk.........
Old 12-28-01, 04:45 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i have never used a BFH on my car...i might have seen a braided line running to my trunk....but never the big hammer...thats why i got lance at toyomoto...he is my lexus doctor.....
Old 12-28-01, 07:07 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Yes, Lance is a surgeon. Don't forget though, T, that up here we've got Craig Paisley, Vinny Ten, and Performance Factory NYC, our very own 'ER team' T, always the braided line, never the hammer..........
Attached Thumbnails turbo-compressed-iroc-burnout-2.jpg.jpg  
Old 12-28-01, 07:25 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Lex.....Tell us about Craig, Vinny T. and the performance factory. For us in the north east who dont know. Might need some support this spring. Toyomoto is the direction I'd like to go...but Fla. is not just around the corner. Thanks.

gadgetSC
Old 12-28-01, 07:34 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

ya mean vinny the thief ..lol...and craig is a very good guy but he does alot of racing and has alot of corprate support now....so id imagine its not easy getting his hands on your car......his shop could install a toyomoto kit for you though....toyomoto is working on a car to combat and beat vinnys and craigs supras...and its a lexus sc300 fun fun..Jeff
Old 12-28-01, 09:04 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Scott, what's your beef with Vinny? He's one of the originators, first in the 10s 9s AND 8s with a Supra. Craig was running well into the nines on a stock short block. Yes, he's Mr. TRD now, but Henry over there can get my car in with reasonable notice, provided they're not at the track of course. By the way, speaking of Lexus/Toyota V8 performance, check out Paisley's Taco. Oh, almost forgot, we've got Job Spetter here also, one of THE turbo gurus. Went to the track with him close to ten years ago, he went well into the 8's with a twin turbo small block Sommerset/Regal. Eddie 'Tito' Bello is also local, he ran solid 8's driving to the freakin' track! Up in my neck of the woods, he used to spank R1's and Hayabusas on the regular with his Porsche. I believe Mr. Ho Lung's track car is still far from complete, but no doubt Lance will represent for all of us with an SC out there. Now, where's all the guys running a bit hit on a 1UZ? Paging Todd Matsubura !!
Old 12-28-01, 09:07 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Gadget, where on LI are you?
Old 12-28-01, 10:17 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

its Jeff not scott...as for vinny..i plead the 5th.....just know of too many stories....i know he has been a leader....but how he gets to the lead is what i question....
stock blocks are a wonderfull thing..i can vouch
you mean eddie<quiet as hell but busted by the Feds>bello...he is a cool guy..but the feds watched him for 2years before they busted him.....
as for the V8 turbo scene...those arent street cars...i like street cars.....
Todd has some good plans and knowledge...im anxious to see his car go......

i know vinny and dont trust him......i know eddie and like him...craig is a great guy too...todd i know on a limited basis but picking his brain he seemd to know whats up and be down to earth about it.....just remember these are my opinions......they are all definitly very knowledgeable...i dont question that..but who would i take my car tooo?....toyomoto...just my expereince.....1st hand....i wouldnt mind having paisly install a toyomoto kit for me.....
Jeff
Old 12-28-01, 02:11 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always heard of Paisley being a jerk like most of the Arizona Supra owners.

What I don't understand is why there are no really fast Supras... sure 8s are fast, but there's a 300zxTT running 7.60s now; i saw it on speedvision with my own eyes; siguel racing owns it...
and there are many RX-7s in the mid-7s

Yeah I heard about the stuff with Eddie Bello myself Jeff. Yeah the feds had a good reason for busting him and there's a reason he could afford to put his car in the 8s
Old 12-28-01, 04:52 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

OK, take it easy on Tito, he's tight with my guys. Everybody's got a little hustle goin' , give the guy a break. Jeff, sorry, misread your tag, thought you were Scott Hureau. There's a guy next to me says he knows of you, your last name's Hackman, right? Yeah, his name is Eddie Be...
Old 12-28-01, 11:00 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lex....I live in Port Jefferson....work around the city. Dont know of any shops on long island, but heard mention of The Performance Factory. Just havent heard of anyone here with experience using these guys. Would be great if I could find a good shop to install a toyo kit for me. The idea of leaving my car in brooklyn or queens does not sit well. I had planned to go the same rout as Scott an CompWiz....Do it myself.
Lex...any good advice about shops in our area would be appreciated. Thanks.

gadgetSC
Old 12-30-01, 11:55 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Lex luthor- i have met tito a few times...and in the impressions i got he was a super cool guy...very quiet and carrys a big stick kinda guy.......and i was very suprised to hear the feds nailed him.....i didnt see him that way....and no not everyone has something going on......i care about my job too much to have anything going on...but to each his own..
as for paisley...i hung out with him a couple times at moroso for race events....i like paisly...and i wouldnt mention him in the same breath as the arizona guys......those guys got issues.....craig is very knowledgable and has a good image in my opinion....i just think he is too busy racing to put his hands on many customers cars..ya know/...
as for the guy next to you knowing me....my name is Jeff Hackman,,,who is the guy that knew me?....and is it a good thing or bad thing that he knows me..lol...
gadget.....i wouldnt see any problems with buying a toyomoto turbo kit for your sc and having paisley install it....even the guys working at his shop should do an excellent job of installing the quality product......Jeff
Old 12-30-01, 09:35 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Gadget, call 516-481-2815 for Paisley Automotive, ask for Henry, he'll squeeze you in. I'm not too far from Port Jeff, more South shore. If you work in the Manhattan, talk to Job Spetter at the Turbo People, Hastings on Hudson, he's another walk softly big stick guy, definitely knows his turbos. You're right Jeff, Paisley is definitely not like the Arizona guys. On another note, I wanted your input on an idea if it's cool w/ you. I was flipping through an old issue of Turbo the other day, and there was a feature on a yellow Porsche with dual VATN turbos underneath. This started me sketching some ideas down, and doing some math, and after taking a look at the pics of Jim McFarland's TT SC4 install, i'm fairly confident that it would be reasonable to position something in the neighborhood of a T60 chassis underneath the 1UZ, any thoughts? I know it would be preferable to pressurize each cyl bank with it's own turbo, but I think the plumbing would be a nightmare, especially after looking at Mechtech. What ever happened to that guy sc400turbo.com? Guess he faded away like the others, these guys must either be running out of steam or financing, dunno. Jeff, have you heard of Mean Street Fabrications? I've had them do some work for me before, went camping with the owner, etc, he seems to feel it's feasible to fab the plumbing and manifolds, i'm tempted to try, but the 2JZ would be easier and cheaper to do for sure, it's just a matter of the potential provided by the extra litre of displacement. Do you not agree that a centrifugal blower would have a fairly fat power curve?

Quick Reply: turbo