Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-02, 05:43 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice jeep......sounds like it was fun....mine dosent handle so good...but it will tear *** through the mud and rocks ...save the cash...dont put a blower on the explorer.....not worth it...and the fords have enough reliabilty issues...you dont want to give it any more reason to break down...lol...Jeff
Old 01-11-02, 05:02 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, you're right, i'll save the cash and start looking for an SC3 towards the end of the year. I'll bet that TJ (or is it YJ? I forget) romps through the tuff stuff. Used to have a Bronco with a worked 302, a bit of lift, and little 33's. It was a fun truck, 'till a mindless road rage incident showed me how well a Bronco can jump concrete train station parking blocks, never did run right after that. I'll look for a pic of it. So, you feel the auto will handle about 450hp with a shift kit? Do you think it'll take 400lbsft? I'm trying to lay out a game plan to build the turbo car, decided i'll go auto, just thinking I may need to budget for Level10 to do the trans, although Paisley said that Select builds a great unit for our cars. Then again, the BPU guys with autos are running a stock trans, no? I'm not aware of a shift kit for this unit, I know RMM and Level10 have valve bodies, and SRT may have an electronic solution, but as far as different springs, checkballs, shift sleeves, etc. I don't know of any, unless Lance has something. Well, back to work for me, i'm in the middle of running fuel lines, not having fun...
Old 01-12-02, 06:07 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

As for that f-max. When I was getting my kit, I asked them about the manifold. THey said they've *never* had any problems with it. It's never changed. Those words straight from their mouth.

I would really stay away from it. Sure I've also heard good things about their prelude kits. Maybe they're made better. But I've only seen ONE f-max kit in use, where the person had no problems. Other than that, I havent heard anything GOOD about f-max for the supra/sc. I've never heard anything bad about toyomoto....

SR
Old 01-12-02, 05:13 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

yeah same here, by the end of this year i PLAN to get a SC300 and turbo it. thanks for the info and help guys.