Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

"UZZ32" I have an Exhaust X pipe question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-01, 03:39 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by UZZ32
The headrests are adjustable - they do move separately to the rear seat.
I know this is about the x-pipe but could you post some pics of you rear seats with the head rests up and down. I never noticed the rear seats of the Soarer before. I always assumed that the interiors were the same except the cluster/audio set up and the right hand drive.

Could you post the pics of the interior in the general SC forum section.. To make our moderator happy...

The Ikon
Old 12-22-01, 06:30 PM
UZZ32
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st exhaust was standard
2nd was the rear half replaced with single pipe - big improvement.
3rd was complete system including bigger cats - not much improvement.

Yes I agree that the gains were over the Jspec mufflers that you probably won't get with US spec straight through mufflers.

The rear head rest kind of move in an arc on a rachet mechanism I think - I'll go have another look.
Old 12-23-01, 07:26 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

X-pipe is a gun weapon!
I noticed today that my BFI intake was closed. The small aluminim brace I made to hold the intake down came loose and the intake had slammed shut. I opened it up again and the car is the fastest it's ever been. So all this time I thought the exhaust made no difference or was slower when in fact my car couldn't breathe!
I went back to the test track to do some more timings and sure enough I had dropped another 0.3 seconds to give the fastest times ever. Everyone loves the sound too, but you expect your mates to say so, the clincher was when Natasha said she liked it, she loves the wide open throttle sound - So I guess I was being a bit picky before - takes time to adjust to the new sound I guess - and I was pissed off that it wasn't going - now it's going great - I am much happier.

You can check out pics and mpegs here:
The Battered Sav
Attached Thumbnails "UZZ32" I have an Exhaust X pipe question...-rearheadrestsf.jpg  
Old 12-23-01, 07:45 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

I'm glad you solve your problem flowing... .3 lost that's a very significant gain with just freeing up the air.

The rear seats are cooler than our's here in the US with the adjustible head rest. I wonder why they did not make our version with the adj. h.r.? It would've been the only 2+2 with that offered at the time(I think) in the states.

I tried to load "The Battered Sav" and kept getting errors. I'll try again later.
Old 12-23-01, 08:39 AM
rboorgu
Rookie

Peter,

That makes more sense. I was going to have to redo my whole setup, but now it think i'll keep it. I am going to add some straight thru resonators though.

Raj
Old 12-23-01, 10:55 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, if that ain't a kick in the pants. Peter, what a nice surprise that must have been. I thought I knew every difference between an SC and a Soarer, but you got me on the headrests. Very cool, i'm jealous you have more toys than me....
Old 12-23-01, 02:46 PM
black sc
Pole Position

Glad to hear that your problem was resolved about the intake. Hopefully, we can see results about the x-pipe vs. your past results with the modifications to your exhaust.

As for the differences between the Lexus vs. Soarer. Let me get this right: adj. headrests(rear), air suspension, rear windshield wiper, digital gauge cluster, insignias different, right handside driveable, and side mirrors fold.

One question, how heavy is your car? I think it is in the driver's manual.

Happy Holidays
Old 12-23-01, 03:22 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by black sc
side mirrors fold.
Don't your mirrors fold too? Mine fold, don't all SC side mirrors fold?

Unless you are referring to something else...
Old 12-24-01, 03:02 AM
black sc
Pole Position

In Japan, there is limited parking space literally. People park close so close that most cars come with mirrors that fold electrically not, manually. I know what you are talking about and mine has it too but, I am talking about pushing a button and it folds in and out. Most cars have this option..

Are the lights on the Soarer the 9006/9005?

Last edited by black sc; 12-24-01 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-24-01, 10:23 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Cool electronically.... Hell in the malls around the US I need that option too.