Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Pulling as much Power out of the 1UZ-FE as possible

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 11:23 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Thanks buddy, If there was Rep points on this forum id pass them out.

On last question, is the a Q&A page on nitrious? maybe an FAQ page, or just possably some sort of information page i can read up on?
Nitrous express has an OK FAQ page :
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/faq.htm
Old 06-27-07, 11:31 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you all for the Insight, im currently talking to a buddy of mine that owns the shop i got dyno'd at, he said yes its a dynojet

we are also working (planning stages) of a rear mount turbo kit. Mostly just dreaming for now working up a parts and cost list, Any clues? any body finished one? i will purchase a write up if some one would be willing to make one =)

ALSO nitrous info, is there a site or link some one could give me to read up on Nitrous? do's and dont's that kind of things
im planning on a rear turbo mount FI hopefully as well. i thought Emerald had it done, but i could be mistaken. if I decide to get it done, ill put up all the stages with tons of photos; but this might be in a long while.
Old 06-28-07, 04:33 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewwake
im planning on a rear turbo mount FI hopefully as well. i thought Emerald had it done, but i could be mistaken. if I decide to get it done, ill put up all the stages with tons of photos; but this might be in a long while.
I think it's remote mount. They're not in the way back where the mufflers are but I think it's more like before the cats.
Old 06-28-07, 06:29 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
I think it's remote mount. They're not in the way back where the mufflers are but I think it's more like before the cats.
I thought Emerald's turbo was in the cubby where the spare tire is normally in a stock car. I would be stunned if she mounted it before the cats. Where would it go and still be protected? I think her turbo is very close to the mufflers in fact: long pipe to the turbo, long pipe to the intercooler, short pipe out to the mufflers.
Old 06-28-07, 06:39 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

So im sitting there thinking to myself Damn it, i got smoked by a Nissan
haha its funny this happened to you too. I wasnt in my sc4, but i was in my moms new 328i a/t and this guy pulled up next to me in a double left turn lane to get on the highway where his lane eventually has to merge into mine getting on the highway. he was in a 02-06 altima 2.5s (all i could see was tint and exhaust) but since it wasnt 07 it didnt have CVT. i looked over when i pulled up and the window was up, i imagined he wanted to race. then i look back over and i could see his face a little bit as he was putting the window up (put it down when i wasnt looking) i was gonna race but didnt brake torque or anything, just put "steptronic" in 1st.the light turns green and im in the wide lane so i had to get off the gas making the turn. he was ahead of me a little bit and i braked to let him merge (i wasnt gonna be a total ****, he didnt have enough room if i didnt brake) but then when we hit the highway i flew past... a 2.5 beating me off the line though was a little frustrating but still a fun ride home
Old 06-28-07, 07:02 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

you could also piece together and make your own rear mount Turbo kit, which would cost a lot less. Have someone make IC pipes and oil/coolent lines
Old 06-29-07, 01:15 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fitting a turbo anywhere under the SC will not be easy at all...put the car up on a lift, and look under it for space for any decent sized turbo to be fit anywhere under the car...Very tough...On top of that, you probably have your car already lowered, or will lower it...I would like to see it done, but it will definitely require modificstions to fit. There is no room in front of or behind the front cats...Go look at the space...You would have to heavily modify the floor board and tunnel to fit there. Perhaps there is room at the rear where the mufflers are, but I am not sure, and the piping would be a nightmare. You could remove the spare tire receptacle, and place the turbos there, but what work...Maybe it will work for ya, but good luck...

Ryan
Old 06-29-07, 04:14 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, Im going to start to map out the rear mount turbo set up, Ill get a shot under my car for you guys to see what im planning, Still in the dreaming stage's and planning/mindstorming area... but ill show you guys what im looking at here in a sec
Old 06-30-07, 01:05 AM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JDMmuscle, if you need someone to help with concepts, ive been thinking of a couple and wouldn't mind helping at all. just give me a pm
Old 06-30-07, 10:13 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

is there room around the rear mufflers like this? I've seen a someone do this on a Camero SS
Old 07-01-07, 03:26 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

your picture didnt work bud
Old 07-02-07, 10:46 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

just google rear mount turbo and you can a that people mount it by the mufflers
Old 07-03-07, 04:23 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems funny to me no o.e.m. that I know of puts a turbo behind the rear end.
Old 07-28-07, 10:31 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

hey guys, im thinking of nossing my 95 sc400. Im such a noob at performance stuff which leads to my next noob question. ok so i want a zex 100 shot system. do i get wet or dry nos? i dont even know the diff. thats how nub i am. What else will i need? how much will everything run me? and does anyone know a shop in so.cal that can install? i guess i made the car look fast but its no where near as fast as it looks! any input will be greatly appreciated. thx
Old 07-31-07, 12:25 AM
turbochris
Driver

Originally Posted by 818sc400
hey guys, im thinking of nossing my 95 sc400. Im such a noob at performance stuff which leads to my next noob question. ok so i want a zex 100 shot system. do i get wet or dry nos? i dont even know the diff. thats how nub i am. What else will i need? how much will everything run me? and does anyone know a shop in so.cal that can install? i guess i made the car look fast but its no where near as fast as it looks! any input will be greatly appreciated. thx

A "dry system" only injects nitrous only

A "wet system" injects nitrous and fuel at the same time.

I would get the wet system because you will not have to compensate for fuel when the nitrous is injected. A wet system is a safer bet. Installing a kit is fairly easy. Just make sure you price around. A complete kit should take no longer then 4 or 5 hours to install if its a reputable shop with experience.

good luck
chris w

Quick Reply: Pulling as much Power out of the 1UZ-FE as possible