Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Pulling as much Power out of the 1UZ-FE as possible

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-07 | 02:15 AM
818sc400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbochris
A "dry system" only injects nitrous only

A "wet system" injects nitrous and fuel at the same time.

I would get the wet system because you will not have to compensate for fuel when the nitrous is injected. A wet system is a safer bet. Installing a kit is fairly easy. Just make sure you price around. A complete kit should take no longer then 4 or 5 hours to install if its a reputable shop with experience.

good luck
chris w
so all i would need is the nitrous kit? Do i need to upgrade or do anything to my engine to make it ready for nitrous?
Old 07-31-07 | 02:29 AM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

If ur going to spray, do it right, RPM window switch, WOT switch, fuel pressure switch ect ect. BTW im in burbank, what part of the 818 are you in?
Old 07-31-07 | 06:38 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

I had actually designed a full kit similar to emeralds but I just have been way to busy to start it. I will tell you the the only safe was to fit any kind of decent sized turbo on the SC is to cut out the spare time well. As long as you can do your own welding cost for pipng and stuff won't be bad at all. Biggest problem I ran into is where to run the IC piping once you get up towards the front of the car, and how to securely mount the turbo.
Old 07-31-07 | 08:16 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by turbochris
A "dry system" only injects nitrous only

A "wet system" injects nitrous and fuel at the same time.

I would get the wet system because you will not have to compensate for fuel when the nitrous is injected. A wet system is a safer bet. Installing a kit is fairly easy. Just make sure you price around. A complete kit should take no longer then 4 or 5 hours to install if its a reputable shop with experience.

good luck
chris w
A wet system is not always a safer bet. If you do the right thing on the Dry system it's safer. The right thing is upgrading the fuel delivery system. The Wet systems are always suject to puddeling the fuel in the intake. Turbo Teg here had that problem and luckly only blew up the intake Manifold.

Safer is the Dry system, with cloder NO2 spark plugs. High flow fuel pump and APR. And a Hobbs safety switch which will not allow NO2 spray if it does not detect a certin PSI fuel pressure.
Old 07-31-07 | 08:40 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by $C300
If ur going to spray, do it right, RPM window switch, WOT switch, fuel pressure switch ect ect. BTW im in burbank, what part of the 818 are you in?
yes sir, i learned from past cars that you gotta do it right to prevent headaches in the future. im in n.hollywood

Last edited by 818sc400; 07-31-07 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-31-07 | 08:43 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jgscott
A wet system is not always a safer bet. If you do the right thing on the Dry system it's safer. The right thing is upgrading the fuel delivery system. The Wet systems are always suject to puddeling the fuel in the intake. Turbo Teg here had that problem and luckly only blew up the intake Manifold.

Safer is the Dry system, with cloder NO2 spark plugs. High flow fuel pump and APR. And a Hobbs safety switch which will not allow NO2 spray if it does not detect a certin PSI fuel pressure.
thanks for the info guys. i guess ill go with the dry system, i dont want my intake manifold to blow up or worse. last question,wats the best brand of nitrous kits to use?

Last edited by 818sc400; 07-31-07 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-31-07 | 11:13 PM
turbochris
Driver

Originally Posted by jgscott

Well, to each there own. If it works for you then I would say for him to copy your setup. My experience in the nitrous department is with boosted cars that we ran wet systems on or setups for just getting the turbo spooled up. Either way its going to haul some *** after he gets it in there. As far as systems to go with. I am a big fan of the ZEX system mostly because of its clean installation. But once again that's just my opinion.
Does the sc400 have a fuel return line?

chris w
Old 04-03-08 | 10:44 AM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to revive an old thread (better than starting a new one):

I was over on soarer central and they had a link to lextreme. How big of a difference will swapping the stock injectors with 7mge injectors make.

http://www.lextreme.com/7mge.html

i will also be installing a safc controller.

is it worth it?
Old 04-03-08 | 10:53 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pmpdaddyt
Sorry to revive an old thread (better than starting a new one):

I was over on soarer central and they had a link to lextreme. How big of a difference will swapping the stock injectors with 7mge injectors make.

http://www.lextreme.com/7mge.html

i will also be installing a safc controller.

is it worth it?

Are you adding boost? if so, how much?
Old 04-03-08 | 11:24 AM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

no boost keeping it stock for now. next summer i might swap for a 1jz or s/c it like yours.
but in the next month 2.5 in full exhaust and a bfi and safc next weekend
Old 04-03-08 | 11:26 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

no boost keeping it stock for now. next summer i might swap for a 1jz or s/c it like yours.
but in the next month 2.5 in full exhaust and a bfi and safc next weekend

I dont think you want to change injectors if you are not boosting 7+ lbs. The stock are plenty big for a NA application.
Old 04-03-08 | 12:02 PM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

alright, thanks! just looking for inexpensive ways to add power.
Old 04-06-08 | 08:31 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Just drop in a GTE......
Old 04-06-08 | 10:23 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

alright, thanks! just looking for inexpensive ways to add power.

no reason to add fuel if you dont have air. the car will just run like garbage