Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

The start of some V8 madness

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-08, 08:06 PM
LEXpert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your car currently AT or MT?

I bought some parts off a guy with a Soarer, he was pretty certain that his car was auto originally. He had a remote shift R154, and he said that the hole in the tunnel didn't appear to have been modified or enlarged, so maybe with a remote shift R154, it comes up through the same hole as the auto shift lever does?

I didn't see any of this myself, so I can't verify, that's just what I was told.
Old 09-07-08, 08:15 PM
AdamLexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My SC is currently auto yes.
Old 11-02-08, 10:55 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone-

It has been a good three or four months since I have logged on to Club Lexus, let alone updated my thread. Life become unexpectedly busy for me from a few weeks before the school year began until now, and Club Lexus (let alone my actual Lexus) became a priority that was low on the totem pole.

Regardless, my ultimate interest in the forums, my car, and the betterment of Toyota vehicles everywhere has not changed. I have had only a few hours on a few occassions these past few months to invest into my car. I was able to relocate my battery, swap out the hydro fan for a pair of electric fans from a 3000GT, and get my transmission partially reinstalled with the new clutch disc.

I can't promise that my car is going to be back on the streets by the end of the week, but that is my goal. In Indiana, we are being forecasted for a few weeks of unseasonably warm weather, and I want to take advantage. As awesome as my 95 Tercel is, my true driving passion is more well fulfilled by engines that make more than 91 horsepower.

I have contacted David at Lextreme to be able to acquire his bolt kit required to attach his bracket the motor so that I can ultimately attach my supercharger to his bracket. This kit is necessary to getting the bracket on the motor, and I failed to realize this when I opted not to purchase the bolt kit previously.

I have also been contacted by Neil Griffiths in Australia, and it appears that my headers have been fabricated, after waiting since January for them to be completed. Neil should be receiving them this week, and I expect to have them in my possession by the end of the month.

I will try to find ways to make Club Lexus a part of my daily rountine, since I am aware that Club Lexus can help accelerate my own project by supplying motivation. As a kickback, I know the furthering of my project can supply the forums with a bit of motivation as well.

The more I say would just be reiterative and distract me from checking items off my list that will allow me the time to invest back in my lexus and -more importantly- Club Lexus in the coming days, weeks, and months. I will get back with the PMs and take the time to read into the updates on a number of the projects when time allows.

I hope all is well with everyone and their projects.

-Blizzy (Mark)
Old 11-02-08, 11:14 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark,
I am glad to see you are still in the Lexus scene! I have been wondering when and if you might post. I am glad to see you back even if its just for a bit.
Old 11-02-08, 03:57 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Yea! Can't wait for more updates!

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 01-31-10 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-02-08, 06:17 PM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

It's good to hear that your ok.

Many were worried something bad may have happened
Old 11-09-08, 06:36 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

I just had a pretty awesome week and weekend, even though I got nothing done on the Lexus. I was able to check a number of things off my list to putt me in a better position to get back to work on the car. for the car, I am eternally hopeful, as always.

I was able to hear from David at Lextreme, and I am looking forward to acquiring his bolt kit for the supercharger bracket in the coming days. Even after not having talked to David in months and having stalled out a project that includes his supercharger bracket being put to use, he was extremely congenial and helpful in the emails that I shared with him. David's relentless commitment to the V8 Toyota community is always refreshing.

UZZ-TT, I definitely still have the GS400 rear end, with the 3.26 gearing, in my garage. I do not foresee ever using it, as I love how the super aggressive gearing felt on my SC when it was up and running.

I am going to try to piece together some sort of update this week by actually getting under the car. I could have used this weekend to make some progress, but I chose to head up to East Lansing for Sparty's last home football game of the year. It was a rejuvenating experience.
Old 11-09-08, 06:53 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Great to see you online Mark!

Regardless of how long it ultimately takes you to get it done, I have little doubt your SC will be one of the baddest in the US.

Thanks again for the trans BTW, made a HUGE difference. Hoping to get back on the dyno tomorrow.

KC
Old 11-09-08, 07:03 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Red face Could ya?

cooooooolllll niccccceeee

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 01-31-10 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-09-08, 07:14 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Blizzy,
Can you aquire an LSD, or if I do, will you throw it in the GS4 rear and ship 'er my way? Not sure if you have access to an LSD at a good price (That'd be great) but get back with me on that please. As well as a price you could hook me up with on the install.
Keep an eye here. http://www.titanmotorsports.com/openbox.html

I got my LSD from them, won't find a better price anywhere. They also have used ones for sale sometimes, couldn't hurt to call and ask.

Mark is actually the one who helped me find mine. Thanks again!

KC
Old 11-17-08, 04:58 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Quick Update:

I got my oil pan pulled and resealed. I sprouted a leak in the last year, and I figured it was time with the transmission pulled. To actually get enough space to lever the pan off with the silicone adhesive making it impossible to work with, I had to remove the adapter plate.

With the adapter plate off, I trimmed it every so slighty where the exhaust comes through to clear room for the Rush headers which are certainly not small. They may offer as more clearance than the stock cats did, but the plates will be nearly impossible to modify when bolted to the motor.

I got my headers from Australia today!! I will definitely upload pictures soon. They look fantastic. The craftsmanship is probably a 6-7/10. The finish is a 9-10/10, and the fit is 10/10 I am sure. From what I had heard from a guy in Australia who had the Rush headers, I was worried about the craftsmanship. But, I am sufficiently satisfied. For being the only long tube headers (stainless at that) for our motors on the world market, I am pleased to very pleased. They look amazing.

Tonight, I am going to get down to business on the transmission install. The hardest part for me with the limited tools, space, and manpower that I have is just getting the transmission in the air and bolted to the motor. If I can do that successfully, I will be pleased because bolting up the PP, installing the clutch fork, and finishing with the D/S, exhaust, and interior is an atuo-pilot job at this point.

I am pleased that since Saturday, I have put ten times the thought and twenty times the time in to the car that I have in the past four or five months. I have put myself in a position over the past couple weeks to have significantly more free time, and it shows.

My goal is to have the car on the road by the end of the week. I have fall break the following week, which is where I can make some serious head way on the header install (which I have been told is a disasterous task). I am going to order my new exhaust manifold gaskets from the dealer tomorrow so that I can be ready to rock next week. I would love to get my exhaust work all done by the end of fall break (next week) so that I can focus entirely on the supercharger install. The exhaust work and transmission work I am starting (and in the midst of) should be the last I will ever need to mess with those components for a long time.

When I get to the header install, I will be borrowing my friend's HiRes digital camcorder to get some audio on file: both with the stock exhaust, with the headers and no exhaust work, and with the headers and exhaust work. At any rate, I am pumped up about it all.
Old 11-17-08, 05:07 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

what clutch did you go with?
Old 11-17-08, 05:12 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! Welcome back... I seriously thought something had happened to you (and your well being)... Glad everything is good... I cannot wait to see updates!
Old 11-18-08, 12:16 AM
Mattmannz
Pole Position

Looking forward to updates Blizzy.

Matt.
Old 11-18-08, 01:20 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

hes still alive! haha deng its getting me excited again, cant wait for the pics

Quick Reply: The start of some V8 madness