Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Magnaflows

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-07, 10:21 AM
Devir
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the Mustang Rumble then, you should probably buy a Mustang. This is a Lexus, it's a car originally designed for Rich old people who want a gentle yet powerful car. They want to be the first to the farmers market.

Mustang is a widely affordable car with a huge apeal to American youth. It is designed for street drag racing with a history dating back to the 1950's. THey're supposer to be loud, bold street cars crying out for heads to turn.

You sound like you want a Mustang. It's not as comfortable nor as reliable as a Lexus, but it's what you want in your heart.

I would personally love a Mustang as well. My father has a custom built Supercharged Cobra with 500wHP. He does 96mph at the 1/8th mile.
Old 07-12-07, 10:27 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Video

Here is a new video so you guys can here them when the engine is not cold

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=2e29a3be.flv
Old 07-12-07, 10:30 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Devir
If you want the Mustang Rumble then, you should probably buy a Mustang. This is a Lexus, it's a car originally designed for Rich old people who want a gentle yet powerful car. They want to be the first to the farmers market.

Mustang is a widely affordable car with a huge apeal to American youth. It is designed for street drag racing with a history dating back to the 1950's. THey're supposer to be loud, bold street cars crying out for heads to turn.

You sound like you want a Mustang. It's not as comfortable nor as reliable as a Lexus, but it's what you want in your heart.

I would personally love a Mustang as well. My father has a custom built Supercharged Cobra with 500wHP. He does 96mph at the 1/8th mile.
No i don't wan't a mustang... I would just like to do something that i think no one else has with their lexus. Your right a mustang is a youth desired car... And my dad as well has a 400 hp Street racing engine cobra. I don't want a mustang at all. I just like the fact of being able to hear the engine run when it's such a great machine, thats all.
Old 07-12-07, 10:34 AM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, definitely the SC was meant to have performance appeal. Although its not aimed towards the same crowd as the mustang is, thats for sure. The factory exhaust of the SC has a much meaner growl than the other Lexus models. I've had numerous compliments from domestic muscle car only guys on the subtle yet powerful sound of the factory exhaust.
What im looking for is a better flowing, lighter weight system, while keeping a somewhat subtle sound. Similar to stock, a little louder is fine. I dont want to listen to exhaust at cruising speeds, but when i step on it, i want it so say "dont mess with me!"
Old 07-12-07, 12:51 PM
Devir
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a loud car. Laughably it was a 2001 Celica GTS. The TRD muffler kit made it have a deep throated growl very unlike the Civic farting lawnmower sound. After a while though and several long road trips it really started driving me nuts and giving me a headache. It sounded great for 4 years but i'd have had enough of it. So I got the SC which is far more powerful and 100 times quieter than my GT-S.

Not to say I'm not going to work the exhaust. I'm all about a car with power. I'm just heading to an X-pipe, dual exhaust and some high flowing magnaflow resonators and mufflers. I want lots of flow with minimal of the headache.

WHen I get my Cobra... That's a different story. IT's gonna be waking up the dead.