Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZGTE, 1JZGTTE 2JZGTE, 2JZGTTE, 4 options HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-07, 06:16 PM
styIez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 1JZGTE, 1JZGTTE 2JZGTE, 2JZGTTE, 4 options HELP!!!

ok first off im a newb so dont trash me yet, i just sold my accord to buy my SC. I've been lookin around the threads alot and noticed that people only tend to do either the 1JZGTE or 2JZGTE, but one question always arose how come no one was doing a 1JZ or 2JZ twin turbo swap? Dont laugh at me but i always thought the more of something the better so why not with the engines? Do you guys opt for the single turbo option because of easier fitment or do you want the single turbo because its more effient? because i could get a 2JZGTTE with 30k with trans for 1600 and i was wondering would i be wasting my money because i know the engine inside my stock SC is basically a stock NA supra engine with just a few differences. i would really love to go twin turbo but is it cost effect and if so which twin turbo setup would be better, the 1JZGTTE or 2JZGTTE. Heres the link to the engine supplier. thanks for you help ahead of time guys.

Last edited by neurocity; 07-23-07 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Nada on the sales links
Old 07-23-07, 06:20 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

when they swap in a turbo motor it is always the twin turbo model, UNLESS it's a 96+ 1jz

the GTE and GTTE are interchangable...i believe GTE is correct from the Toyota manuals, but since there is two turbos, some people put GTTE
Old 07-23-07, 07:16 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-GTE is the correct suffix for both the 1JZ and 2JZ twin turbocharged engines. I would immediately question the credibility of every engine dealer posting -GTTE as the engine suffix.

In terms of the engines themselves, the 2JZ-GTE will cost more up front but offers you more power potential because the head flows bigger, the longer stroke makes more torque, and the added displacement gives you more horsepower potential.

But, the 1JZ-GTE will still give you a very streetable power band at upwards of 450whp. If you spend your money right with a 1JZ, you can get to around 400whp for less than or equal to the cost of the 2JZ: thus the popularity of the swap.

Don't discount your stock motor. There is a forum member currently on a project to make 500whp on a $3k budget with a stock SC300 engine. If you know what you are doing, this is a very viable alternative if your engine is healthy enough for boost.

My suggestion: do more research. Don't jump into a decision until you have properly weighed the options. I would check out Supraforums.com and examine various set ups to see what it takes to get what power level out of each engine.
Old 07-23-07, 07:17 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

If you are going to leave the engine stock it will be twin turbo 1jzgte or 2jzte
the difference is in the displacement 2500cc 1j or 3000cc 2j.
Old 07-24-07, 06:52 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Aftermarket twins on either of these motors can be costly. Most people that do that get the stock like spool but with the mid to top end power.
Old 07-24-07, 11:10 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Late model vvti-1jzs that came in Chasers(jxz100 and jxz110) were Single turbo(CT26). Not many were made and have a smaller aftermarket support than Daewoo's
Old 07-25-07, 01:22 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

first, buy the SC300, put in your garage, then stare at it while you think of ways to make at least $3K to put into the car. Keep this in mind, though...engine swaps are difficult without true experience, and can be costly if you don't want to go the DIY route. If you reaaaaaalllllyyyyy want that JDM shine to it along with easy HP, then go 1JZ. If you dont want that, but do want that easy turbo route, go 2JZ-GTE. Both of these can be a bit pricey, but there is one option that you can do, though, that is cheap, not to hard on the average tuner and will give you the turbo power delight that youre craving....NA-T.

go to www.clubna-t.com . they not only the kits you want, but also all the tech support needed to guide you through the process. they got basic kits with all the essentials and at great prices. I'm going this route next summer, if my first year at college doesn't kill me first.

While your savings are piling up, go do basic maintinence to get your car up-to-date and ready to take some beatings. While it's at the shop, ask for a compression test on the cylinders. I dont know what kind of numbers you should be looking for (little help....) but look for some numbers that are high and consistent across all the cylinders. If they are, super, but if one or all of them are off, you might have to save up for a rebuild or even a new engine.