Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

found these headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 12:07 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a top view of the engine.
Attached Thumbnails found these headers-img_0114.jpg  
Old 10-04-07, 04:20 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LCSC
OK, first the good. I tested the car again whit the g-tech (I don't know how good these are but they at least seem to be close) Before the header I tested the HP putting in that the car's weight was 3500 lb I think it weighs more than that but I just put it in for testing reasons. After a few runs the best I got was 119 hp NA and then I ran 171 hp on the bottle with the 75 shot. After the header and mid pipe install the g-tach said that I ran 151 hp and 197 hp on the nitrous. I don't know how it could gain this much but it feels allot faster in the mid range. Before the header when I would start hard off the the line with no nitrous it would bog down a little after the tires would hook-up. It would do this at what ever RPM 3, 4, or 5k. Now there is no bogging I am very impressed with the performance. Also the g-tech says I took 1.3 seconds off my 0-60 no nitrous and .5 off with nitrous. I'm happy with this upgrade.

Now the bad. I don't like the way it sounds with the header. There is allot more engine noise and it isn't the engine noise that I like. I think that I will wrap the headers to cut down on this or put on the flowmasters off my sc400 also had change the o2 sensor location because they had it pointing right into the firewall PITA. Also some times the header to mid pipe flange will rattle against the frame because they are touching. Not sure what I will do but I think I will try and bend it just a bit.

Over all I'm very happy with this item. I have some pics that I might be able to post if there is interest.
A gain of 32HP = .
Alot of people who have installed the Xerd headers. Had similar reports of rattling when they initially installed them. Then realized it was due to a bolt being loose.
Make sure you dont have any bolts not tightened down. And dont forget the bolts on the heatshields. As well as any exhaust supports you may have forgotten to reattach.
Old 10-05-07, 08:56 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Yes, all the nuts are tight. Maybe I just don't know how the I6 should sound like with headers. At WOT it has kind of a turbo like sound but maybe I'm just use to how and GM V8 sounds when you add headers but I've never felt such a change in performance after headers.
Old 10-05-07, 03:33 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've read that a stock NA car picked up 17 whp from an Xerd header so I don't doubt that you noticed quite a kick in the pants from it.
Old 10-08-07, 01:02 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should put in a 100 shot at least, I was running a 150 shot and I was able to beat my friends na-t supra by 4 cars. I went gone through 6 bottles and no engine damage.
Old 10-14-07, 07:07 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gunnar
I've read that a stock NA car picked up 17 whp from an Xerd header so I don't doubt that you noticed quite a kick in the pants from it.
Well thats what I got, the car runs alot faster now. I put the BFI in this last Saturday and it sounds a lot better now. Also keep in mind that I put a midpipe in as well I can only validate what the gtech read. I have read that they are very close. Also I put the weight of my car at 3500lb's with me (180lb's) just as a benchmark for all tests. I think my # are higher that. By the way I beat a 02 Firefird V8 20-100 mph the other day (I was on the bottle). FYI the BFI added an-other 11 hp. So now I'm almost up to where I started on the bottle (There is little or no need for nitrous in first gear) The BFI also took another .15 seconds off my 0-60 No nitrous.
Old 10-14-07, 07:16 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i want a bottle =[
Old 10-14-07, 07:18 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xspsi6
You should put in a 100 shot at least, I was running a 150 shot and I was able to beat my friends na-t supra by 4 cars. I went gone through 6 bottles and no engine damage.
I plan on turning it up to the 100 or 125 shot but I have a stock clutch and it already slips sometimes I will change it but would like it to last a few more months. Nitrous adds HP but even more torque.
Old 10-16-07, 07:26 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now what you need to do is upgrade your clutch to a centerforce clutch
DF522018. Then get an SAFC installed and get it tuned on a dyno with a wideband and you should gain some power and i don't doubt that you will be in 200+ rwhp off the bottle.
Old 10-20-07, 01:23 AM
SC30096
Pole Position

LCSC do you have a sound clip you can post for us?
Old 10-20-07, 08:56 AM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwynn
i want a bottle =[
Tottaly not worth it imo
Old 10-20-07, 10:57 AM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LCSC
Pic of the mid pipe so if you have a cat back it will bolt right up.
i can't really tell by the picture but did the obx midpipe eliminate the stock cat and was it 3 inches? since some local shops are going to charge me for the same amount just for 3" midpipe which is not even mandrel bend, i think it's probably better if i just buy the obx header/midpipe instead but i'm not going to be using the headers since i'm going na-t...

Last edited by SC300_704; 10-20-07 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-20-07, 11:56 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLovesc
Tottaly not worth it imo
Why not worth it? If you know how to use it there is no problem.
Old 10-20-07, 12:40 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lsflame
Now what you need to do is upgrade your clutch to a centerforce clutch
DF522018. Then get an SAFC installed and get it tuned on a dyno with a wideband and you should gain some power and i don't doubt that you will be in 200+ rwhp off the bottle.
Yep, I've got the DF clutch, and an SAFC that I street tuned myself with an AEM wideband. Intake, exhaust, pulleys, and my car runs pretty good for being non-turbo.
Old 10-21-07, 10:30 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC300_704
i can't really tell by the picture but did the obx midpipe eliminate the stock cat and was it 3 inches? since some local shops are going to charge me for the same amount just for 3" midpipe which is not even mandrel bend, i think it's probably better if i just buy the obx header/midpipe instead but i'm not going to be using the headers since i'm going na-t...
Yes, there are no cats, The midpipe is just stock size, but I don't think the midpipe would work alone because after the header install the suport that comes off the tranny would not fit. It looked like the midpipe is about an inch shorter than stock

Ill post a sound clip latter today.

Quick Reply: found these headers