Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel line upgrade ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 10:24 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel line upgrade ?

Hey guys, im looking to upgrade my oem fuel lines and get an FPR. I know nothing about either, other than Aeromotive FPR's and stainless braided fuel lines. Can anyone give me any tips/info about upgraded fuel lines and FPR?

Worth the hassle on a stock TT ?
Old 08-14-07, 09:42 AM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hemogoblin
Hey guys, im looking to upgrade my oem fuel lines and get an FPR. I know nothing about either, other than Aeromotive FPR's and stainless braided fuel lines. Can anyone give me any tips/info about upgraded fuel lines and FPR?

Worth the hassle on a stock TT ?

not worth the hassle on a stock tt car. if you feel you need to upgrade, then just get a walboro fuel pump and be done with it. the walboro will be good to 450ish crank hp (imo) before needing more. you have my number call me with any questions.
Old 08-14-07, 10:18 AM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Ben! hows the project?

Anyway, I have a TT denso pump which is supposed to be better than the warlbro, but ive had a feeling that my fuel line is kinked from when I changed the fuel filter. So I was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade the lines, or just stick with oem.

But then again, ive been running the car fine for a long time, so maybe I dont have any issues. I think I should get at least an FPR to help if its kinked, but I have no idea whats needed for the install, do I need a new line ?
Old 08-14-07, 11:56 AM
RX729
Pole Position

stock fuel lines should be more than adequate unless your planning for a 500rwhp range
Old 08-14-07, 01:25 PM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hemogoblin
Ben! hows the project?

Anyway, I have a TT denso pump which is supposed to be better than the warlbro, but ive had a feeling that my fuel line is kinked from when I changed the fuel filter. So I was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade the lines, or just stick with oem.

But then again, ive been running the car fine for a long time, so maybe I dont have any issues. I think I should get at least an FPR to help if its kinked, but I have no idea whats needed for the install, do I need a new line ?
TT pump is a good choice. Better than Walbro.

OEM fuel line is adequate but SS line is a nice insurance. It's more durable than rubber hose. It looks better.

Go with SX Performance FPR instead of Aeromotive.
Also, do not forget to get the fuel filter.
Old 08-14-07, 02:16 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

ok look at it like this.

do you have a problem of some kind?
do your future plans include going single turbo?
do you have fuel starvation issues?
is your regulator messing up?

and figure it out from there.
if your gonna upgrade do ALL of it.
when you have time come check out my fuel system on the sc300 just to give you an idea.

honestly if it isnt broke dont fix it. unless you have future plans of some kind.