Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte(Aristo) into sc400

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-07 | 03:14 PM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

Default 2jz-gte(Aristo) into sc400

ok. treat me like an idiot......i need to get what to make this work right? from what i understood i needed to extend the length and it would work. my buisness partner has a gs300 with a aristo swap and it looks like it was just extended. im doing a swap into a sc400 and all i need left is the harness. i have searched and have seen posts about changing wires and some say if i go to a usdm harness and ecu i wont have to rewire. does anyone know. HELP
Old 08-16-07 | 02:20 AM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

search please its quite easy to use
Old 08-16-07 | 05:28 AM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

Unhappy

i can see that you cant read so im no quite sure why im replying. as i said before i have searched and cant find the pinout. i have all the books for the sc400. i need the pinout for the aristo or if the gs300 is the same then i need that. if you have a location to get this info then i could use the help.
Old 08-16-07 | 05:36 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by WICKED 1
some say if i go to a usdm harness and ecu i wont have to rewire.
I have NEVER swapped a 2JZ into an SC, but I would assume that even a harness from the USDM Supra (our nearest Toyota relative so to speak) would involve some rewiring of body plugs since the SC has never received a 2JZ-GTE.

If you have the JDM harness already extended, you are so damn close. The generic plugs on engine sensors (etc) around the engine bay should plug in just as they did in the Aristo. But, the wires that connect to the SC's body plugs need to be repinned to work with the SC's wiring harness.

A wiring diagram for both the Aristo and SC would get you home free because you would be able to know what wires do what. I don't know if anyone has posted such diagrams on these forums before.

My advice is absolutely to stick with the harness you already have extended. You are a few body plug rewirings from 300hp.

edit: finding a GS300's wiring diagram would only help.
Old 08-16-07 | 07:09 AM
SimplyZBes
Masterhater

Default SimplyZBes aka The Master Hater

Do a search man, I did that swap already. You can not base the swap from a GS300 because it is two different things. It takes a little work but far simpler than most guys on this forum make it. Do yourself a favor and cut down some of your headache. Sell the 400 and get a 300 model. Trust me, I know.

P.S. One more thing, if you do decide to go forward with the 2JZGTE into the SC400, make sure you get the kick down switch from the sc300 or you won't have any kick down. A lot of people will also tell you that the sub frame on the 300/400 are different but they are the same, trust me I know.

Last edited by SimplyZBes; 08-16-07 at 07:12 AM. Reason: P.S.
Old 08-16-07 | 07:45 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 1M

i can see that you cant read so im no quite sure why im replying. as i said before i have searched and cant find the pinout. i have all the books for the sc400. i need the pinout for the aristo or if the gs300 is the same then i need that. if you have a location to get this info then i could use the help.
Then go buy the book for the Aristo/GS300, because you wont find it here. The TSRM for the GS is not free yet (unlike the Supra one). To top it off, you're asking for an Aristo "pinout" on a forum for SCs.

And you need to clarify what you need in the future. Asking for a pinout is very vauge. I dont think you really know much about what you're asking; what you need is a wiring diagram for the EFI harness. In that case, refer to my first answer.

And I'd watch your responses to members on here, we all deal with people like you a regular basis. You're a newbie blatantly violating common law on forums. YOU are the one that obviously can't read, since there's a thead made for you by our moderator OLT here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266465

You need to do more than just extend the harness. The harness plugs arent the same, the oilpan sump is in a different place, etc. You've got some researching to do.
Old 08-16-07 | 07:54 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

You can always send the harnesses out to Dr. Tweak look for him on SupraForums and ebay. He's a little pricey around $400 but I heard he does excellent work.
Old 08-16-07 | 10:51 AM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

FIRST... im not trying to be a a#* but i already posted that i couldnt find the info. it could be that im an idiot or whatever but i asked for HELP not redirection . i now know that what i need is not published so searching wont do anything for me. i was told that the plug i need is the same in a sc300 and gs300 and Aristo.i believe its the body plug i need info on thats why i am looking for that pinout. i am litteraly done if i can get this harness done

SimplyZBes.....thankyou for the info on the kickdown switch. do i need this switch even if im useing a supra tranny. im only into this whole thing(car and all for like 1500 so im gonna stick with it. Thanks again

Bean......Thanks. i now know i cant just get the wiring info as i can for all the supras. i also dont see where ive done anything wrong. i asked for help. if search had worked for me i wouldnt need help.i was asked by a moderator to repost this in a different place. this was not a question when i started. i was looking for parts and it started there.

Cherplex.....thankyou. you have been helping me this whole time. i have looked for this guy Dr.Tweak but supraforums search is down. i will keep looking for him

In the end i am asking for help from people who are willing to help. i have searched and maybe im looking for the wrong term so if you can find what i should be looking for then please help
Old 08-16-07 | 12:19 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

i have looked for this guy Dr.Tweak but supraforums search is down.
Supraforums search function was discontinued indefinitely months ago to prevent the server from crashing. Here is his profile on SF.
Old 08-16-07 | 03:22 PM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

thanks Blizzy i called him and that is one good option
Old 08-16-07 | 03:35 PM
LyFeWoRx
Pole Position

Wicked - Don't feel bad, I had the same problem looking for info. This board has a ton of posts and no FAQ section most of the time the only thing you do find is "SEARCH"
Old 08-16-07 | 04:06 PM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

thanks. im just trying to do things on my own. i know how to pay someone to do it. i f i payed someone i wouldnt have to SEARCH
Old 12-31-07 | 03:06 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

any updates Wicked1?
Old 12-31-07 | 05:55 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

8-10 k for this swap right? I'm staying with my 1UZ-FE.

Unless if I rob a bank
Old 12-31-07 | 01:34 PM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

DR.Tweek is the man. harness is done and in and working.