Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How do I ground my Igniter on the 1JZGTE??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-07, 08:48 AM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do I ground my Igniter on the 1JZGTE??

So in trying to resolve my issues on my 1JZ, it terms of that annoying Rev limitter type thing.

At first my car was not revvng past 2800K so I found out that the red wire on the TPS was not getting a 12V signal, so I hacked it and now I am revving close to 4K but I still get cut under load.

So my question is I dont have the mount for my igniter that sit on the body of the car, I read that this is the actual ground for the igniter, so if its just sitting there:

Is it grounded Yes or No?

Next I will check my ECU caps....
Old 09-09-07, 01:35 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you sure you arent hitting fuel cut? are you running higherboost than stock? i know in 3rd gear under full acceleration i hit fuel cut at about 4k rpm too. i still need to install my fuel cut defencer to remove this problem
Old 09-09-07, 02:05 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as many times as i've swapped igniters for testing purposes, i would have to say that i dont think the igniter bracket is the ground for it...
Old 09-09-07, 07:38 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

so I take it that your boostin fine without no igniter bracket, i am edging to a bad lead or short in one of the wires, I think it could be the crappy ECU.

I was looking on Supra mania, and quoted from OneJoeZEE:

"My car was doing the same thing last time I installed my harness. It turned out two connectors were switched. The connector for the hydro fan ECU and another connector(can't remmeber which one exactly) are identical. And when switched, the fan would not run on high and car would not rev past 2500 or whatever RPM it was. Switched them and everything was ok. There's only one other connector in there that's the same as the fan one so it should be easy to spot.

Yes, it sounds trivial but you should check just to make sure..."

So do we even have a Hydro Fan ECU I thought only the Supra 1J
s had the hydro fans??
Old 09-09-07, 07:40 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

So in neutral with no load can you rev all they way to 7K or not, can you check for me?

Originally Posted by audi2nr
are you sure you arent hitting fuel cut? are you running higherboost than stock? i know in 3rd gear under full acceleration i hit fuel cut at about 4k rpm too. i still need to install my fuel cut defencer to remove this problem