Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-07, 10:30 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check your grounds. maybe you are bumping something loose when you hit bumps in the road.
Old 09-19-07, 01:59 AM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

well, i thought about that also, but i have the lineage ground wire kit. and its groundede from my battery->intake manifold->strut tower->alternator->chassis

thanks though, ill check again tomorrow.
Old 09-19-07, 02:00 AM
jgdynamics
Racer

Originally Posted by shern
What model number NGK and what gap is specified for our JDM 1JZs?

BTW, thanks for the help!
im using the BKR7E and i beleive i gapped them to .030.. i think people recommend .028-.032
Old 09-19-07, 06:33 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are running a walbro 255 why are you still using the fuel ecu? bypass ecu and change your fuel filter.It sound like a fuel problem
Old 09-19-07, 09:38 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgdynamics
im using the BKR7E and i beleive i gapped them to .030.. i think people recommend .028-.032
Thanks

I've been doing some research and it seems that BKR7Es are the concensus.

What about iridiums?

What do you think?

Last edited by shern; 09-19-07 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-19-07, 11:55 AM
jgdynamics
Racer

can someone post up how to bypass the fuel ecu? thanks

and whut it exactly does
Old 09-19-07, 02:19 PM
sc300gte
Lead Lap

its on here...where in socal are you? I'm in San diego. I'll help you out no problem. PM me or shoot me a message on aim. Just let me know when you want to meet up
Old 09-19-07, 06:32 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

i changed the Fuel Filter today, it made a big difference, so far no studdering or low idle drops... but it still did this little weird engine rpm drop when i slammed my hood closed... i still cant find out whut that is... could it be something electrical? nothing seems to be in the way of the hood struts or hood itself...? im going to drive the car a bit more to see if that worked...
Old 09-21-07, 05:42 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

ok i drove the car today, and it still has the same problem =(

when i hit bumps and stuff the car studders... its weird... im going to do the 12v fuel mod tomorrow, and then see if that solves the problem. but whut about in the engine bay? none of the elctrical connetors seem loose or anything, any ideas? i have seen on supermania that some poepl ehad their ECU go out, and the ignitor, or their harness was messed up.. any more input? thanks
Old 09-21-07, 06:21 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

its very rare a soarer ecu goes nuts .thats a problem with the supra 1j ecu.double check where you extended your harness you could have a short somewhere

Last edited by sc250tt; 09-21-07 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-22-07, 12:37 AM
jgdynamics
Racer

will do, ill check it out again tomorrow, its raining right now =( damnit!

anymore input??

checklist for tomorrow,

-fuel ecu bypass
-check all electrical connectors and sensors
-check harness
-i might as well change the plugs again just for kicks. and check the coil packs
Old 09-24-07, 12:18 AM
jgdynamics
Racer

ok, today i got around to bypassing the fuel ecu. and im not sure if it solved my problem or not
it was running great when i test drove it, and then when i took it out for a longer drive, it did the problem, but only once while on the street. when i hopped on the freeway i thought it was gonna continue and be in for a horrible drive, but it didnt... all was great the rest of the day. im goign to drive it again toorrow to see how things go for a longer test.

electrical connectors are fine, harness doesnt seem bad, everything is professionaly wrapped by the guy that extended the harness.
Old 09-24-07, 03:16 PM
WICKED SC4
Driver

My SC400 does that but worse. I was thinking the ICV Valve was bad or clogged or the Fuel pump ecu. So if you bypass the ecu let us know it if fixes it. That was my next test.

Mine bucks really hard and shudders at anything above 1/10th throttle. It runs butter smooth other than that if you keep the gas less than a 1/10. Weird. If I hold the throttle steady at a cruise it bucks bad too.

I replaced my entire ignition from spark plug to ecu, its not an ignition prob, I just bought a fuel pump and filter and ICV, I hope it is a ICV or something, because a bad ground is hard to find.

PM me please if you test the fuel ecu. This is super annoying, it only started happening a week ago when I took my car into the dealer to change the starter. Arrggggh spent $1500 and got back a screwed up car!!! They refused to fix it.

Benjamin
Old 10-16-07, 04:52 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

ok, the problem is back... i dont knoe whut to look for nwo, im going to check out the fuel pump wires and make sure they arent coroded ,i heard something about that in the supraforums... so ill check it out, and its weird it drops idle when someone is in my passanger seat or when they move the seats around, im gonna pull up my pass. seat and check the wiring for my carputer, but i dont see how that could have done anything, any other wires around that area i should check out?
Old 10-16-07, 05:48 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

I've dealt with this kinda problem before and it ended up being the injector resistor box, or lack there of in some cases (high impedance vs low impedance). It took me forever to pinpoint the problem, and it wasn't until I put an AEM in that I noticed what exactly was causing it, but that's what it turned out to be. I'm not saying that this is your problem, but it might be worth checking into. The symptoms were the EXACT same though.

Quick Reply: 1JZ problem...