Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supra twin turbo aluminum radiator installed in a 1992 sc300 5 speed (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-07, 02:58 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just about to ask that myself?
Old 09-21-07, 09:44 AM
rickj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've known it fit since 1993. You can still find some custom CNC radiator brackets floating around the internet so it doesn't look bad, or you can cut them and reweld to fit, real easy.

Also for you ppl with clutch fan, you should get the MKIV fan shroud to work with the MKIV radiator. Again, you don't NEED it, but since the MKIV rad is 1in shorter, it will make things look better and avoid you the hacking and zipting.
Old 09-21-07, 08:32 PM
turbochris
Driver

Originally Posted by cruzinbill
which fans are those.... and what are u using for a fan controller?

In the very first post there is a link to what fans and a part number for the controller.

thanks
chris w
Old 09-21-07, 08:33 PM
turbochris
Driver

Originally Posted by Luin
Nice! Will the rad clear the factory air box?

Not 100% for sure. But i was looking at some of my old pictures of when i installed the fans.........and i think it will fit ok.

chris w
Old 09-22-07, 09:10 AM
ridox
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Koyo Racing Radiator install on a 5speed can also be seen here. http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2633
Old 09-22-07, 02:38 PM
breed
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice one Chris, like always bro.
Old 09-23-07, 07:45 PM
turbochris
Driver

Originally Posted by ridox
Koyo Racing Radiator install on a 5speed can also be seen here. http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2633

Damn.........that guy payed 420 bucks for that radiator.........I payed $234 shipped for this one. Then i found it for $169.00 the day after i payed for mine. Looks the same.....

chris w
Old 09-23-07, 09:30 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I wouldn't say it looks the same. Yours isn't a Koyo and it doesn't look like a Koyo if you've seen both. The square corners on the top tank are not exactly the ideal setup for an aluminum piece experiencing regular thermal stress.

I paid $450 for a PWR with a high pressure cap to replace my Supra's radiator when the top tank cracked. I wouldn't consider a cheapo radiator because there are too many ways to cut corners that are impossible to see and they lead to reliability issues.
Old 09-23-07, 10:13 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good, might have to do this as well... *looks at breed* heya buddy =) haha
Old 09-24-07, 05:37 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great and good work.
Old 09-24-07, 09:53 AM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm running a Fluidyne, and I had to use two stacked rubber mounts to get the radiator tall enough to fit within the brackets on the top. I did not, however, have to offset the brackets for the radiator to fit; the fitment was perfect once the radiator was raised a bit.

Here's a poor picture taken last year.

-scott
Attached Thumbnails Supra twin turbo aluminum radiator installed in a 1992 sc300 5 speed  (with pictures)-95_sc300_na-t.jpg  
Old 09-24-07, 11:29 PM
turbochris
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I wouldn't say it looks the same. Yours isn't a Koyo and it doesn't look like a Koyo if you've seen both. The square corners on the top tank are not exactly the ideal setup for an aluminum piece experiencing regular thermal stress.

I paid $450 for a PWR with a high pressure cap to replace my Supra's radiator when the top tank cracked. I wouldn't consider a cheapo radiator because there are too many ways to cut corners that are impossible to see and they lead to reliability issues.

WoW ....... I figured with a name like "Lobuxracer" that you would appreciate this purchase price ...... lol ...... On the other hand you are 110% correct about this square design. I also believe that there design was strictly done to make there production easier. It should hold up for what i am going to do to the car in the future.

chris w
Old 09-24-07, 11:31 PM
turbochris
Driver

Originally Posted by motorheaddown
I'm running a Fluidyne, and I had to use two stacked rubber mounts to get the radiator tall enough to fit within the brackets on the top. I did not, however, have to offset the brackets for the radiator to fit; the fitment was perfect once the radiator was raised a bit.

Here's a poor picture taken last year.

-scott

Oh ........... your picture makes me wish i had my Talon sold already so i can just dump it all in this Lexus.......lol

looks good

chris w
Old 09-28-07, 02:14 PM
JDM_Soarer

Has anyone done the Koyo Supra radiator with a 1JZ swap in? Any difficulties with that? If no one has info I should have details tomorrow as I will be making the attempt of a Supra Koyo into a Soarer. Wish me luck
Old 09-29-07, 03:36 AM
breed
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Baoser
looks good, might have to do this as well... *looks at breed* heya buddy =) haha
Ahhh Man, looks like your coming over sooner then expected. lol. I'll bring the beer if u bring the Food.

And for that Low *** price, "cheapo radiator" here we come. Screw paying $450.00 freaking bux.

Thankx Again Chris, you just saved me some money.

Quick Reply: Supra twin turbo aluminum radiator installed in a 1992 sc300 5 speed (with pictures)